[Exclusive/Spoilers] Here’s the First Concept Art From the FX Alien Series!

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 01, 2022, 05:26:18 PM

Author
[Exclusive/Spoilers] Here’s the First Concept Art From the FX Alien Series! (Read 36,059 times)

Prez

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 06, 2022, 01:00:43 AMI enjoyed all the seasons and the casting of Fargo. So far Noah has shown that he knows what he's doing when it comes to TV shows.

Agreed. He really does channel the Coen's perfectly throughout the entire series.

Gimitko

I also wonder about the cast. Hawley has an expert eye for casting, will he follow the Alien tradition of not hiring any "huge" names? The prototype actors for the two leads were Domhnall Gleeson and Danai Gurira. Usually prototypes dont mean that much, but he knows exactly what he wants, a lot of the Fargo actors were specifically sought out by him, so I wouldnt be suprised to see them as the leads. Plus Domhnall Gleeson is suspiciously free of projects, which makes sense if he thought filming would begin this year. Judging by the story details, the show is huge in scope, so a huge cast can be expected too.

The characters we know so far are:
Hermit - Medic for the private army of Prodigy
Wendy - 10 year old girl in the body of a superpowered soldier created by Prodigy
Kirsh - Synth who works for Prodigy and is a trainer and mentor to Wendy
Dame Sylvia - Scientist for Prodigy, also looks after Wendy
Boy Kavalier - Very young CEO of Prodigy
Atom Ein - Boy Kavaliers manipulative advisor

Absolutely no word on the crew of The Maginot, all the character details we know are about those working for Prodigy.

Nightmare Asylum

Putting Hamish Linklater on my casting bingo card, just because I know Hawley's used him in the past and he was phenomenal in Midnight Mass.

BlueMarsalis79

Currently watching Season 2 of Fargo, absolutely excellent so far, will watch Season 3.

Please for the love of God watch Legion @Nightmare Asylum it's right up your alley.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 06, 2022, 02:29:06 PMPutting Hamish Linklater on my casting bingo card, just because I know Hawley's used him in the past and he was phenomenal in Midnight Mass.

Oh yeah, he was fantastic in Midnight Mass. That was such a great show.

Prez

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 06, 2022, 02:38:35 PMCurrently watching Season 2 of Fargo, absolutely excellent so far, will watch Season 3.

Please for the love of God watch Legion @Nightmare Asylum it's right up your alley.

Ok you got me. I'm gonna watch Legion now.

BlueMarsalis79

It is on Disney+ in the UK and Hulu everywhere. I have been desperate to talk about it and in relation to Alien on this forum for years. And Midnight Mass's excellent.

Prez

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 06, 2022, 02:52:39 PMIt is on Disney+ in the UK and Hulu everywhere. I have been desperate to talk about it and in relation to Alien on this forum for years. And Midnight Mass's excellent.

Found it on Disney+ here in Oz too.

BlueMarsalis79

Jimbo

Aliens is getting so boring now.

MENTALDOMINANCE

They better scrap the idea of Earth. Everyone has known putting it on Earth is stupid, even back in the 90's they
knew not to put it on Earth when they had been toying with the idea.
The ALIEN series is about MYSTERY, ALIEN LANDSCAPES and NOT EXPLAINING THINGS.
Ridley decided to ruin the mystery of the Space Jockey by making him a humanoid in a bio-suit (dumbest idea ever),
now they want to put it on Earth so they can crank out cheap looking series that get their budget lowered every new
season as they endlessly milk the concept dead. Just stop it already. FFS.

MENTALDOMINANCE

I agree FARGO series is excellent. But I really don't like the idea of ALIEN on Earth, nor on TV.
The thing Ridley blew when he went back to the series is that the CREATURE IT'S SELF needs to look SCARY.
I was so pissed off with Covenant for going CGI, wtf were they thinking with that stupid back splitter scene and the
cartoonish creature? We live in 2022. We have so much tech, so many advances in latex, robotics, etc. yet NO ONE
seems to get the idea of just making a creature flick that has a MONSTER it's self which is SCARY and REAL.
Where the F is Rob Bottin? Someone needs to get him out of whatever stone he crawled under, get John Carpenter
and Dean Cundy and do a proper monster flick with actual prosthetic trickery, IN CAMERA magic, like the old days,
but using today's tech. Like how they make awesome retro games today that are like super versions of the old ones.
I can't stand 3D rendered characters. Use CGI for backdrops and editing and coloring but make your damn monsters
real... And what TV series is gonna be able to keep that up consistently? NONE. It is MOVIE material. You have to get
all the editing and lighting and story perfect and just give us a real monster movie, not a tv series, not pseudo bad
philosophy about the origins of man. I would actually like to have Ridley's prequels finished and I know how to do it too.
They can undo the entire wreck if they make the Engineers actually NOT be the Space Jockey.
They just designed their suits and look after them because they worship them and have the REAL, actual Space Jockey
creatures show up in the final one and kick everyone's ass. This can fix so many of the complaints, why the Engineers
in the suits aren't as big as the skeleton found in ALIEN, etc.

BlueMarsalis79

WETA's generally pretty good at balancing practical and computer generated imagery if you go by Prometheus.

As for Noah Hawley:

RidgeTop

Here's three more pieces for you!

Spoiler

The first piece depicts Wendy within an urban forest, wielding blades as a Xenomorph stalks her through the trees. Next up we can see another angle of the USCSS Maginot Weyland-Yutani starship crash, something we shared artwork on last fall. Prodigy Tactical Response, a PMC unit of the Prodigy Corporation rushes to view the crash from their rooftop recreation area. Lastly, we have a view of the crashed Maginot's cryosleep chamber, being explored by Prodigy Tactical Response soldiers Hermit and Idoya.

[close]

Haaland

Any news on who is doing the creature effects for the movie?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed