Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,721 times)

Local Trouble

Luckily, the guy who conceived of the O'Neill cylinder also conceived of putting them at the Earth–Moon L5 point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrange_point_colonization

Cosmic Incubation

Been reading through this thread and enjoying some of the speculation about the series  :D 

I'm looking forward to seeing what Howley does with it, despite also having hesitations with the Earth setting. What I've seen of his Fargo series I've really enjoyed, and I think he can bring some tension and good atmosphere back to Alien.

I think it'd be interesting if they played the angle of having the corporate stuff being placed on earth, and the alien stuff on another planet. Could be an angle of contrasting how the companies choices on earth have direct negative consequences for the people who work for them on another planet (and the company not knowing or caring of course). I'm imagining something like in the film Vice, where we're introduced to a sort of narrator character, who is just a regular American man with a family, and throughout the film we see the direct negative effects of the Bush administrations actions, as they happen, on this person.
Spoiler
getting increasingly worse up until their death
[close]

I'm cautiously optimistic about the series, but looking forward to more Alien stories nonetheless!

Corporal Hicks

We've got some goodies for everyone shortly :) Keep an eye out!

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2022, 02:42:28 PMWe've got some goodies for everyone shortly :) Keep an eye out!

Kailem

AVPG with dat -

Necronomicon II

Ye, fill up my bowl.

Immortan Jonesy

Excellent news. I was starving to know about this project 👉👈

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 01, 2022, 03:34:34 PMExcellent news. I was starving to know about this project 👉👈

https://i.ibb.co/SPkjNhD/fotonoticia-20170405125842-1200.jpg

Dammit, I read this in his voice lmao

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2022, 02:42:28 PMWe've got some goodies for everyone shortly :) Keep an eye out!

Excellent. Looking for something new to chew on with this show.

BlueMarsalis79

Good, Naru could only sate me for so long.

Kailem

Get a look at that juicy exclusive before Disney finds out!

Cosmic Incubation

Juicy scoop!  :D

Looks like they're almost definitely sticking to the xenos on earth angle.
Which has me a little more worried ngl.

But the design of the back of the ship looks very Nostromo-esque, which makes me a little more confident that the "near future" will mean post Aliens or Alien3 (or at least post Alien). Which I would feel much better about.

Other than that, worries that the show will not have any xeno presence or action are definitely gone for sure!

Kailem

I still hope they end up placing this post Alien 3. Setting it around the same time as Prometheus just opens up a whole can of continuity worms and obligatory prequel problems (no matter how badly any potential xenomorph outbreak in the show might be we'll know from the beginning that it'll still be contained and covered up, for example) that are frankly just completely unnecessary.

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 01, 2022, 06:11:25 PMI still hope they end up placing this post Alien 3. Setting it around the same time as Prometheus just opens up a whole can of continuity worms and obligatory prequel problems (no matter how badly any potential xenomorph outbreak in the show might be we'll know from the beginning that it'll still be contained and covered up, for example) that are frankly just completely unnecessary.

Completely agree.
Seems unnecessary to convolute and muddy up the timeline of the first 3 films even more, in the same manner as something like Out of the Shadows or the Stasis Interrupted DLC for Colonial Marines (sorry to bring it up lol). Would much rather they stick to after Alien3.

BlueMarsalis79

Please, we honour Turk.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed