"Near the end of this century we’re in” - FX CEO Landgraf Talks Time Setting

Started by TheBATMAN, Feb 17, 2022, 06:45:08 PM

Author
"Near the end of this century we’re in” - FX CEO Landgraf Talks Time Setting (Read 24,336 times)

SiL

Every time they mention something about the series I somehow find even more interest to lose. I thought I had none, but here we are.

Kradan

I'm not super excited about it either 'cause i would've preferred third prequel. And not some half-assed mention of David or Origae-6 in upcoming series. Give me my 2+ hours conclusion, goddamit !

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Feb 17, 2022, 10:59:03 PM
Every time they mention something about the series I somehow find even more interest to lose. I thought I had none, but here we are.

Yep.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 17, 2022, 11:02:38 PM
I'm not super excited about it either 'cause i would've preferred third prequel. And not some half-assed mention of David or Origae-6 in upcoming series. Give me my 2+ hours conclusion, goddamit !

Here is concept art from a Salvador Larroca comic that will tell that story.

Kradan

Nightmare Asylum

Come on, let's give Larroca some credit now. This is his official piece of David art:

Local Trouble

426Buddy

I think folks are overly negative about something they know very little about but such is fandom.

You would think nudging David away from being the creator would be something most fans would be happy about. I mean most people were incredibly unhappy with that development and were very vocal about it here.

The only thing that bothers me about any of the news so far is that it's on Earth. Otherwise I'm keeping an open mind and will wait and see. I've never seen Legion or Fargo though so I don't have much to go on.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 18, 2022, 12:02:46 AM
I think folks are overly negative about something they know very little about but such is fandom.

You would think nudging David away from being the creator would be something most fans would be happy about. I mean most people were incredibly unhappy with that development and were very vocal about it here.

The only thing that bothers me about any of the news so far is that it's on Earth. Otherwise I'm keeping an open mind and will wait and see. I've never seen Legion or Fargo though so I don't have much to go on.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, for sure, but I also happen to be one of the people that are very, very fond of Covenant. And on top of that, an Earth setting pre-Alien rubs me the wrong way.

I want this to be good, of course, and I am hoping that it will be... but those are two pretty big hills it is going to have to climb for me, based on what we just got confirmation of today.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I like Covenant too, I rank it next to Alien3 behind Alien/Aliens. But I wasn't fond of David being the creator and I don't think retconning him being the original creator will actually hurt the film or invalidate it.

Being on Earth pre-Alien is a pretty big hill though.

St_Eddie

So this series is set long before the first Alien film and on Earth. Did the people behind this series even bother to watch the original movies before writing the script, or had they simply forgotten what Ripley said in Aliens?

Ellen Ripley: "God damn it, that's not all! Because if one of those things gets down here then that will be all! Then all this - this bullshit that you think is so important, you can just kiss all that goodbye!"

Way to undermine Ripley's point, guys. *slowclap*

Don't worry, Ripley. It's no big deal if the aliens make it to Earth because it already happened 70 years before you first encountered the creature, out there in the far reaches of space, but clearly it was such a non-issue, that you and the rest of humanity at large are entirely unaware that it ever happened. Therefore, Ripley, who cares if a xeno or hundred make it to Earth? It's all fine and you sacrificed your life in a giant furnace for nothing.

What a joke.

Local Trouble

Didn't that ship already sail in 2004 when PWSA bestowed AvP upon humanity? ???

BlueMarsalis79

Watch Aliens die to regular gunfire in the streets of today's Los Angeles with no aesthetic changes whatsoever.

Immortan Jonesy

I'd say the Alien would be lucky to make it out alive in a rough third world neighborhood.

The Predator has better chances though.

SiL

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 18, 2022, 12:02:46 AM
If it does that then it's just replacing one bad idea with another. It's like suggesting setting fire to someone's house to clear a cockroach infestation - sure, you didn't want the cockroaches, but there were better ways to go about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed