Possible Character Details

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 06, 2021, 05:38:32 AM

Author
Possible Character Details (Read 46,986 times)

Nightmare Asylum

How long until this biomechanical soup of human, synthetic, and (presumably) Alien hybridization leads to the creation of Species' Sil? :D

SiL

SiL

This is sounding like a great Blade Runner series.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Don't know how I feel about this honestly, especially the superhuman part, but if it's more like a Replicant than a Raised By Wolves type android, I could be into the idea.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2022, 08:31:56 PM

My thoughts entirely.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 09, 2022, 08:08:07 PM
This is feeling weirdly like a retread of the 'Battlestar Galactica' prequel show, 'Caprica', from what I recall reading about that synopsis.

It's been giving me that vibe for a while now.

skhellter

skhellter

sounds like a cease and desist will be issued soon about these spoilers.

This is a bit.. much to put out there.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I wonder if there is any connection between these superhumans and the Alien. Not necessarily genetic as in the case of Ripley 8, of course, and since it takes place on Earth, I knew there would be cyberpunk elements, which personally doesn't bother me at all. I'm dying to see that setting and to learn in which ALIEN timeline this series takes place.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 09, 2022, 08:39:43 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2022, 08:31:56 PM

My thoughts entirely.

Definitely gives that impression up front (maybe Ridley was confused and that's why he mentioned an in-development Blade Runner series out of nowhere a month or so ago? :D)... but I still feel like getting the capital-A Alien's biomechanics into this mix (or using it as a springboard to propel these developments up front) is going to be the running objective here, as the conflict ramps up to the Alien problem that builds out of this doomed-to-fail experiment.

A peak behind the curtain at something akin to Weyland-Yutani's ill-fated weapons division plans, in a sense.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Don't worry, the upcoming Blade Runner series will be much closer to Alien.

skhellter

skhellter

i bet 3 fiddy that'll be the case.

Wendy will probably be a synth-human-alien hybrid (not entirely unlike Eloise)

also bet 3 fiddy that she'll communicate with the Aliens a la David.  ;D

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

@NA

I guess it's just that, this particular take on that premise (assuming you're correct) isn't something I'm particularly interested in.

At all.

However as I've said, it will really come down to how the monster stuff looks/feels. If they nail that aspect and I'm given enough of it, I'll tolerate the rest regardless of what it does.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 09, 2022, 08:50:03 PM
Don't worry, the upcoming Blade Runner series will be much closer to Alien.

That's bullshit but I believe it.

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 09, 2022, 08:53:23 PM
a synth-human-alien hybrid (not entirely unlike Eloise)

Was also my first thought, and I can't say that it's a positive association (lacking any further context).

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I just hope they go back to the Giger design once and for all. No more Fleshingmorphs please! 😭

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I have a creeping suspicion that it'll be closest to the Covenant Alien, although not identical.

This is based on nothing other than hunches and watching trends though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 09, 2022, 08:58:35 PM
I just hope they go back to the Giger design once and for all. No more Fleshingmorphs please! 😭

The lack of biomechanics works in some instances for me – I don't mind Resurrection's cloned Aliens within the context of that film and Covenant's spindly not-quite-finished Aliens (and Neomorphs) are good, and Prometheus has some cool critters as well.

But yeah. I do very much want to see the proper biomechanical Alien again here. Especially since this series is almost certainly going to be set after the original film (and since it seems to be exploring human-made biomechanics as well, which should be more crude and stand in contrast to the Alien's unique perfection in that regard).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed