Free Elder Predators For Everyone! Predator: Hunting Grounds Gets New Update & Samurai Predator Announced!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2020, 02:12:58 PM

Author
Free Elder Predators For Everyone! Predator: Hunting Grounds Gets New Update & Samurai Predator Announced! (Read 11,083 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 15, 2020, 06:54:23 PM
Yeah the reason I mentioned the cover was that it was used for Golden Angel's Neca figure and if they're supposed to have canonical backstories then the designs should hold at least some merit. It's not the worst thing and had he had one in Predator 2 it probably would've looked something like that. That being said he's already been given two so while it's not out of the question he had or has others I'd have appreciated them going a bit further with that.

That's fair I think. :)

I still can't get over that Neca stuff is canonical. I guess Lost Predators are time travelers after all.  :P

SuperiorIronman

Whether he let us live (he quit after we gunned him down) or he got sloppy the Elder model has some weird quirks and I'm wondering if anybody else noticed this.

- Plasmacaster is a separate object. I don't know if this vanishes on death in-general as I never noticed but Elder's went missing after he died revealing the Predator's back is fully modeled.

- The blade gauntlet actually hangs out in the void before Elder is called in.

- The wrist computer is a separate object entirely with Elder having a fully rendered arm underneath it. I'm not sure why they did this either as the player will never see this outside of a glitch like I presume happened here.

Weird thing as well, the icon used for Elder is the serpent design from AVP. Weird that it would reappear on Elder but I wonder if the internal document cites the Xenomorph trophy as being Greyback's in this case. I think I heard somewhere it is supposed to be a  Xenomorph and this would make for a connection.

Voodoo Magic

You mean this? If so, it's definitely an Alien Xenomorph.

Mr.Turok

I know this is a nothing complaint that I'm going to make, but after finally arriving to level 150 and getting the Elder class, which I've been looking forward to for so long, and even though I'm happy with it.....I just can't stop frowning at those wussy looking wristblades it got. Since its basically and older jungle hunter, why not slide that model in or at least the new standerd wristblade model that the other classes got.

Other than that, it looks good and is currently my top Pred for gameplay. All these models look good and having photomode should be a thing in the game.

molasar

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jul 17, 2020, 01:26:19 AM
I just can't stop frowning at those wussy looking wristblades it got. Since its basically and older jungle hunter, why not slide that model in or at least the new standerd wristblade model that the other classes got.

I am opposite in this case. Wristblades should be and look like they are compactable/retractable. Anything bigger does not make sense to be attached to a forearm/wrist.
Even if looking at it from realistic point of view, it is harder to maneuver long blades or blade attached this way. Not to mention a direct attack must be less powerful in comparison to shorter wristblades or short sword based on physics.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: molasar on Jul 17, 2020, 03:25:55 AM
I am opposite in this case. Wristblades should be and look like they are compactable/retractable. Anything bigger does not make sense to be attached to a forearm/wrist.
Even if looking at it from realistic point of view, it is harder to maneuver long blades or blade attached this way. Not to mention a direct attack must be less powerful in comparison to shorter wristblades or short sword based on physics.

Well following how the first Predator movie does it, it feels part well of how the wristblades extend and retract.

Hell even they could have had a retracted position similar to how the AVP wristblades do it like in this here concept art: First one displayed

I'm not going to lie though, I always found the longer versions of the AVP ones to look a bit silly.

As for an realistic point of view, not only that Preds are much stronger and faster than us so their power output into these blades would make for some nasty killing blows, but also there are real life related weapon from India known as the Katar and its incredibly effective and deadly weapon that the people of India have used for centuries.

Slightly off topic; it would be pretty cool to see some Indian martial arts based around the Katar implemented in Predator wristblade choreography

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jul 18, 2020, 12:10:54 AM
Well following how the first Predator movie does it, it feels part well of how the wristblades extend and retract.

In the movie, wristblades are not oversized like in the game for all standard Preds and '87. They just do not feel right. Not to mention their small housing size. That is why I was happy what they did with them for the Elder.

I'm not going to lie though, I always found the longer versions of the AVP ones to look a bit silly.

Personally I only care about P1 and P2 movies. And I would rather have Preds with standard wristblades and naginatas in AVP than silly longer versions.

As for an realistic point of view, not only that Preds are much stronger and faster than us so their power output into these blades would make for some nasty killing blows, but also there are real life related weapon from India known as the Katar and its incredibly effective and deadly weapon that the people of India have used for centuries.

The Katar is not even close to the wristblades because it has to be held in hand and its wrist strap mainly helps to keep its blade straight with a line of forearm for efficacy.

However yes, it is sci-fi franchise. So anything can go. Even silly stuff.

Veteran Warrior

I'm just super happy with the look and design of elder all together and he's my faBorrow Pred to play as currently. I love how he handles and I'm ok with his stats. He just gets me way more pumped for City Hunter. He's most likely going to be my go-to/top pic for preds once he drops later this month

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed