Trevante Rhodes Joins The Cast Of The Predator!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 05, 2017, 07:28:03 PM

Author
Trevante Rhodes Joins The Cast Of The Predator! (Read 43,014 times)

Corporal Hicks

Trevante Rhodes joins the cast of The Predator! News on The Predator has been slow lately. The last we heard of the film was that Larry Fong was aboard as cinematographer.

Now The Hollywood Reporter brings us news that Moonlight’s Trevante Rhodes has joined the cast of The Predator!

“Trevante Rhodes, one of the stars of Moonlight, has joined the cast of Shane Black's The Predator, Twentieth Century Fox's reboot of the alien action movie series.

Plot details are being kept under wraps, but the story sees the popular stalker alien, first seen in the 1987 Arnold Schwarzenegger pic titled simply Predator, in an environment that audiences have not seen: the suburbs. Rhodes will play the best friend of Holbrook’s character; both are said to be ex-Marines. 

Trevante Rhodes joins the Cast of The Predator!

Trevante Rhodes joins the cast of The Predator!

Trevante Rhodes has a relatively small list of roles with Moonlight and Horse Soldiers being his most notable roles. He also briefly appeared in HBO’s Westworld. Rhodes joins Boyd Holbrook and Olivia Munn in Shane Black’s ensemble cast.

Once again, The Hollywood Report refers to The Predator as being set in the suburbs. Shane Black spoke out about this the last time THR claimed the film would be set in the suburbs: “Black himself reached out to tell us that is not the case—The Predator is not a movie about the suburbs.”

Keep checking in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on The Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Predator fans on our forums!

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

So any guesses that one of them is child of previous character??

BishopShouldGo

"While Holbrook does not have the star power Del Toro has, Fox is planning on beefing up the supporting cast."

Ahh yes, remember that statement when Holbrook was cast? If Trevante Who and Olivia What is their idea of a beefed up supporting cast, we're in trouble. I don't doubt that any of these people are talented, Trevante was terrific in Moonlight, but this is a bad portent.

Ben Affleck, Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Tom Hardy, Mark Ruffalo...to Boyd and Trevante. Wonderful! I mean at least we're getting cast news, I guess? Couldn't even get Michael B. Jordan?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You're so obsessed with the name power alone, Bishop. I'd much rather a talented cast. I'm not familiar with Rhodes but Collider are excited to have him on. http://collider.com/the-predator-trevante-rhodes/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social

XENOMORPHOSIS

Cool, great to hear an update after a drought of news info on The Predator, looking forward to his characters, looking forward to whats in store for Predator's 30th anniversary this year. 

Timmay

Timmay

They also mentioned that it is a reboot..something black said it was not.

echobbase79

Did they cut the casting budget on this? Who is this guy? Again I'm sure he's talented, but is he going to put the asses in the seat?

Well, to be fair the main attraction is the Predator so they've already got my ticket.

Predator_Spirit

This guy belongs to Predators not The Predator. :(

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 05, 2017, 08:39:39 PM

Did they cut the casting budget on this? Who is this guy? Again I'm sure he's talented, but is he going to put the asses in the seat?

Well, to be fair the main attraction is the Predator so they've already got my ticket.

Well part of the fun of watching a genre movie like this is watching a big star going engaging with that material. Someone who doesn't NEED the movie, but does the movie because they like the filmmaker or material. Arnold didn't NEED Predator, he already had Conan, Terminator and Commando, thus it was fun.

Ben Affleck didn't NEED Batman v. Superman, and despite that movie's quality, that's why it was so fun to watch him.

The Joker

The Joker

Haven't seen Moonlight yet, but he is getting high praise for his acting in the film so I'm perfectly fine with this casting!

Also: I hope this means that 50 Cent won't be in this film. Could have been eyed for the same role.

goose_3387

I can look past the actor choices. It might not be the event movie that was originally planned but I just hope that the movie still looks like a big expensive production. Unknown actors (to the general audience) and the continued use of the word suburbs still gives me AvPR vibes.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: greygoose on Jan 05, 2017, 09:25:15 PM
I can look past the actor choices. It might not be the event movie that was originally planned but I just hope that the movie still looks like a big expensive production. Unknown actors (to the general audience) and the continued use of the word suburbs still gives me AvPR vibes.

You haven't read at all that the suburbs thing is false? Shane Black already refuted that. Lol, my dude, it's even mentioned at the bottom of this article.

goose_3387

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 05, 2017, 09:31:57 PM
Quote from: greygoose on Jan 05, 2017, 09:25:15 PM

You haven't read at all that the suburbs thing is false? Shane Black already refuted that. Lol, my dude, it's even mentioned at the bottom of this article.

Yes, I've read that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Still hoping for a city setting personally.

acrediblesource

ARRGHGH....I thought the suburbs rumour was a no go. Now its a green light?!?!!?!? F*** this will be terrible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed