AvP Reviews Round-Up

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2010, 03:53:24 PM

Author
AvP Reviews Round-Up (Read 16,727 times)

oboy

oboy

Im a  little pissed that sega didnt do this game with a beter developer......This game and franchise have everything there is needed to make a great expierence with a film or a game....but the fact is the people who are left in charge simply are not getting it done.....i love the franchises: the movies, the games, the comics, and the books.....but on this it definately feels like the ball keeps getting dropped. i bought the game and no matter what i willl play the shit out of it because i cant tell how the graphics are when it comes down to it. im also very easily entertained. but i really hope it generates enough revenue to make another attempt and maybe flaws will be fixed

Mr. Stizout

Mr. Stizout

My only pet pev is no dedicated servers for PC !!!!

JediMasterGabe

JediMasterGabe

Yea this game really is getting a variety of reviews. I mean we got from 2/5 to 9/10.

But thanks to gamestop and their Backordering, I dont know when i'll be getting my Hunter Edition.

HeRO2604

HeRO2604

maybe their not up yet, but they will.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

They weren't combat synthetics (at least, in the way this game portrays them). One of them speaks with a fairly crude British accent as he forces a survivor out the exit. Any synthetics should have had better phrasing and methods.

JediMasterGabe

JediMasterGabe

IGN just posted their review: 7/10 (Decent). Like some of the other reviews, they cited the graphics and some melee combat problems as the major flaws. But they liked the sound, multiplayer modes, and just cited overall the game wasn't bad, it just had a few too many minor flaws.

So i think this is a pretty fair review and thus i continue to like IGN.

EpsilonOrpheon777

EpsilonOrpheon777

Agreed.

Phantasm

Phantasm

Thing to consider, most or even all reviewers out there aren't even familiar with alien/predator saga, all they know is that one has teeth; the other has weapons and they duel - end of story. Plus it has come to, that most reviewers have become mindless critics to scale up they're popularity. It's sad to see that the internet progressed to raise such degenerate methods for testing quality of  products for the consumers.
My opinion is go old school,forget reviews or opinions  and just get the game for your own experience.

Spoon

Spoon

IGN is very biased so I'm very worried why there isn't a review up.  Im guessing its negative so they want people to own and play the game first before they bash it.
Same happened to reviews with first avp movie

fargin

fargin

i love the game, but im very unhappy with the "host left the game" no xp for you BS.  makin me mad

Killer

Killer

are all weapons in avp2 in ap3  ???  minigun , granade lun ,, netgun .. etc

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

ok question guys, mainly for the US citizens, is it better or worse than AvP1 or 2?

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

as an aussie i dont get my copy till friday

Another Aussie

Another Aussie

Hicks, Aussies get it tomorrow.  Or at least EB Games and everywhere else I've seen says Thursday.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

I'm not really surprised by the reviews. I was hoping for an amazing super awesome special game that would get 10's all around, but the cynic in me knew that wouldn't come. The gameplay just isn't for everybody, and it does have quite the learning curve.

With that being said, I'm loving it to death and I'll be telling anyone that asks to pick it up. The multiplayer is jolly good fun!

But what pisses me off is the IGN US review. A 7 isn't bad, but I watched the video review and the guy was dissing some of the game mechanics yet not utilizing the focus mode at all. "The alien moves too fast and you sometimes run right by people" yeah if you're a bad.

The game has a learning curve, but it isn't THAT steep.

This game appeals to the fans, and like others have said, we already knew if we were going to get it or not. The reviews don't totally surprise me, but at the same time, you can't compare this game to some of the other shooters out there. It's different. It's supposed to be different. And once you get used to the mechanics it's great fun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed