AVP Maze at Universal Halloween Horror Nights

Started by RazorSlash, Aug 05, 2014, 03:15:21 AM

Author
AVP Maze at Universal Halloween Horror Nights (Read 42,394 times)

RazorSlash

Universal Halloween Horror Nights, an event every October at Universal Studios Orlando, will have an Aliens vs Predator-themed horror maze this year.
https://twitter.com/HorrorNightsORL/status/496492732924592128

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JUesmKEgis#ws

f**kin' school and shit getting in the way, as if I needed more of a reason to go

ShadowPred

Xenomrph

I'm kinda surprised that Universal is going to have a something owned by FOX.

I'm not complaining, I just didn't expect it.

RazorSlash

QuoteHHN - Orlando @HorrorNightsORL  ·  47m
This one is gonna be intense, gang! The maze takes place within a Weyland - Yutani research facility dealing in bio-weapons..
QuoteHHN - Orlando @HorrorNightsORL  ·  43m
Communication had been lost with the facility dealing in extra-terrestrial technologies, specifically Xenomorph.
QuoteHHN - Orlando @HorrorNightsORL  ·  42m
Pieces of transmissions were received detailing that the facility had become compromised and another alien species called Yautja Predators..
QuoteHHN - Orlando @HorrorNightsORL  ·  41m
Predators are hunting both the Xenomorphs and any human presence found...
QuoteHHN - Orlando @HorrorNightsORL  ·  40m
Guests will have to navigate through the labyrinth of destruction as they struggle to survive the ancient feud.
QuoteHHN - Orlando @HorrorNightsORL  ·  39m
This is a soundstage maze.. And we are incorporating elaborate puppet builds to achieve our Aliens.
QuoteHHN - Orlando @HorrorNightsORL  ·  34m
Aliens, Predators, face huggers, chest bursters.. And possibly a few surprises.
QuoteHHN - Orlando @HorrorNightsORL  ·  26m
The maze is just finishing construction and into the first few days of scenic.. The detail is just awesome...
QuoteHHN - Orlando @HorrorNightsORL  ·  25m
Before every maze is built we first design a CG model. These models allow us to see the maze in a pre-vis sense...
QuoteHHN - Orlando @HorrorNightsORL  ·  22m
My last tweet tonight is one of the corridors from our CG model.. Enjoy!

Xenomrph

I wish this wasn't just at Orlando. Visiting Hollywood is feasible. Orlando... somewhat less so. :(

RakaiThwei

Niiiiiiiice!  ;D

El Diablo

El Diablo

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 05, 2014, 04:16:48 AM
I wish this wasn't just at Orlando. Visiting Hollywood is feasible. Orlando... somewhat less so. :(

It's going to be at both Universal Studios Orlando and Hollywood.

http://youtu.be/fbpJJErGwgI

More info:

http://www.coaster-net.com/news/2451-aliens-vs-predator-invades-halloween-horror-nights

"In Universal Orlando's spine-chilling maze, guests will find themselves thrust right into the middle of the primordial battle between the Aliens and Predators as they visit one of Weyland-Yutani's secret facilities to assist with a situation that has surfaced. Communication has been lost with a bio-weapons research facility in Central America which houses many divisions dealing in extra-terrestrial technologies, specifically the Alien Xenomorph species. Pieces of transmissions were received detailing that the facility has become compromised and another alien species called Yautja – commonly known as Predators - are hunting both the Xenomorphs and any human presence found. Guests will have to navigate through the labyrinth of destruction within the facility as they struggle to survive the ancient feud between these two deadly species.

The terrifying new "AVP: Alien vs Predator" maze at Universal Studios Hollywood will answer the proverbial question asked by mankind since the beginning of time: Are we alone in this dark, vast universe? "AVP: Alien vs.
Predator" will once and for all shed light on the answer when it brings to life the violent creatures cohabitating our world as it pits two rival alien species in a fight to the death with Earth as their battleground. This menacing maze
will uncover a dangerous alien spaceship carrying a race of hunter aliens known as Predators and a threatening new alien life form that uses human hosts to propagate its species. After crash landing in a remote section of America and escaping to the countryside, the alien and predator become hunter and prey with guests caught in the crossfire."

I've been attending the Halloween event in Hollywood for the past several years and believe me, Universal has always delivered when it comes to their mazes. They recreated the prison from season three of THE WALKING DEAD last year and previously constructed a huge animatronic Freddy Krueger snake nearly swallowing a victim whole from A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 3: DREAM WARRIORS. I'm dying to see how they pull this off.

Xenomrph

Oh shit, nice. It's just that the Orlando website mentions the AvP maze, but the Hollywood one doesn't, so I got confused.

So the two mazes are actually going to be different? That's pretty awesome.

Xenomorphine

Oh, went to the Orlando one during 2010 - absolutely brilliant! My only regret was that I didn't have anyone with me. You really need a friend to experience it properly.

They convert the entire park over for several evenings. They plan it virtually the moment the last one finishes, which means they've had a whole year to work on it. The exteriors has several 'zones' and then they convert certain interiors to haunted house-like experiences.

Sounds like this will be one of the interiors which is made up and converted.

Truly wish I could have gone to this one.

RakaiThwei

I wonder what kind of Predators we will be seeing? Perhaps from ALL of the films or just he AvP movies?

Darkness

AvPs only, I assume, since it's only ADI involved.

RakaiThwei

Gate

Do you guys know how boring HHN is?

RazorSlash

Quote from: Gate on Aug 05, 2014, 09:20:04 PM
I enjoy it.

Gate

Quote from: RazorSlash on Aug 05, 2014, 09:28:10 PM
Quote from: Gate on Aug 05, 2014, 09:20:04 PM
I enjoy it.
You must own an express pass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed