AvP Requiem Box Office Figures

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2007, 11:36:39 PM

Author
AvP Requiem Box Office Figures (Read 24,971 times)

Darkness

Darkness

The box office figures are in for December 25. According to Box Office Mojo, the movie made $9,515,615 on Christmas Day. It’s slightly more than the $7-$9m ComingSoon predicted. It’s also the third all-time highest opening on a Christmas Day according to /Film.

ALL-TIME TOP SINGLE DAY CHRISTMAS OPENING DAY GROSSES
1. Ali – $10.2M
2. Catch Me If You Can – $9.8M
3. Alien vs. Predator: Requiem – $9.48M (estimate)
4. Patch Adams – $8M
5. Cheaper By the Dozen – $7.8M

Update: Figures for Wednesday are in. AvPR takings dropped over 50% to $4.28M according to /Film. Update #2: Thursday estimates are in. AvPR dropped another 35% and has gone down to $2.78M. Update #3: In Australia, AvPR opened in second place on Boxing Day with $1,113,225. Update #4: Friday figures are in. The takings went up slightly to $3,360,000. Update #5: AvPR made $3.46M on Saturday. Update #6: AvPR made $3,100,000 on Sunday. The domestic total so far is $26,880,000.

beeko

beeko

not too bad

Dual Blade

Dual Blade

well thats pretty good    :)    and it hasn't made it into europe yet, I say it may possibly reach 70 - 80 million, if it reasch more all good   ;D  

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

At least it got something there, not to bad.

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

Nice and it was a good movie for the fans

Vader the White

Vader the White

Yes, let's hope the box office figures continue to get better!!!!

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

I just didn't like the Predalien being a walking facehugger either then that AVP-R was better then paul andersons piece of Shit AVP     :)  

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

4/5 Stars  and it was missing alot of footage that may be released with the AVP-R Unrated DVD  for example  Shareeka Epps and Meshach Peters who played Kendra and Curtis   were not in AVPR   http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-3473      they never showed that scene

SHREK

SHREK

it got that much cuz ppl had alot of hope for it , and it looks as thouh it has turned out 2 b a huge dissapointment         ::)  

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

I gues what people are real mad about is the Predalien being a walking Facehugger i mean if the Predalien  can lay eggs down host throats couldn't all the other aliens  do it too  i hated that idea i mean thats what the facehuggers are for it made you feel like the Predalien belonged in Species movie  If its not broken dont fix it

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

The Predalien being a walking facehugger is pointless and dumb as the Alien drone turining people into Eggs as seen in Ridley Scott's Alien   theres no need for it its already there the Face huggers lay the embyo eggs down there hosts throat and the Queen lays the face hugger eggs   no need for a walking Predalien/facehugger or an Alien drone that can turn its prey into giant Eggs thats why they scrached that idea  again if its not broken dont fix it

tHe_wOLf

tHe_wOLf

I think the idea behind the Predalien being able to reproduce in this way was due to the fact that it was in the beginning stages of being a queen.  It makes sense that a young queen would want as many drones as possible to start a protective hive before it evolved to the queen we have all seen before.  It also makes sense that the aliens would sense the Predator (Scar) as the best host for the queen chestburster because it is superior when pitted against the other human hosts that were around.  This is all speculation of course, but when you look at it this way it may shed some light on what the Brothers were trying to do.

comandantedavid

comandantedavid

Nice job, Strause brothers.  I truly enjoyed the movie.  While most reviews focus on the creature effects and comparisons with earlier films, this movie won me over by its handling of mood, timing, and pace, a consistently gritty visual, and an awesome score.  As for the predalian and its new reproduction method: if you can't free yourself up from the old stories, then you really are stuck just doing the same thing over and over (Fangoria's complaint, although I think they're wrong in this case).

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

"Third Highest Xmas Opening" sounds really great until you see what numbers 4 and 5 are.  :D

Spoon

Spoon

Maybe its a hint that theres only one sex in predators.  Predators maybe reproduce on their own?  Or come out of the grounds (dwarfs from lord of the rings joke) So thats why a queen version of the pred alien reproduces that way.  Can be many reasons.  No point in jumping the wagon.   Think people THINK!.  LOL Just an idea I came up with.  Im one damn smart cookie.  i wanna direct next movie with Griker! ahaaha

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed