Weaver's Comments On AvP

Started by Darkness, Aug 11, 2004, 11:36:59 PM

Author
Weaver's Comments On AvP (Read 11,748 times)

Darkness

Darkness

I really can’t help but laugh when it comes to reporting news relating to Sigourney Weaver but yes, you guessed it, she’s once again made her feelings clear on Alien vs Predator in an interview on BostonHerald.com.

“I always did every movie as if it was the last one. And one of the reasons I tried to die in the first place was to not have to be in `Alien Vs. Predator,’ which looks like a big video thing… I really don’t know much about the Predator, except it kind of looks like a hedgehog or something.”

And when it came to Alien 5, she hit the nail on the head with this quote:
“You know, I love the series. Ridley Scott and I have talked about doing one final one where Ripley goes back to the original Alien. But I think the chances of casting someone in their 50s (she’s 54) as the heroine in a movie these days is slim.”

Like any other Alien fan, I’d like to see Alien 5 – just without the involvement of Sigourney Weaver. Thanks to “Oh” for the news.

Ermac

Ermac

Predator looks like a hedgehog? I'd hate to come across a hedgehog where she lives.

wolfboy

wolfboy

she's actually nicer this time around about AvP

G-Dog

G-Dog

LOL!!! Ermac that was great. People just do not understand the whole concept of AVP. Do you have to be a fan of the pred also to know what the hell is up with this movie?? I just can't comprehend why people llike her don't understand it.I bet she hasn't even seen the Pred movies.  About the pred, I think the back story that is already placed on the pred and alien movies is messing it up for some poeple. I mean, take the pred for example. In Pred 1 the woman says that he comes and hunts in the summer times when its hot, (in spanish though), and in Pred 2, he hunted in LA during a record heat wave. (pred attracted to heat)...........all of a sudden now we have the preds in the freaking frozen continent. As for the Aliens, well, the alien movies, RIPLEY, a human being, a WOMAN mind you (no offense to females), and one person kicked alien ass, especially in ALIENS, and to think that 1 pred has trouble with 1 alien. Not to mention that if this ws made to be a stand alone franchise, (meaning no connection to the Alien or Pred movies)  why is there a reference to bishop for the Alien franchise? I guess these are the types of things that people are focusing and thinking of that ruin it for themselves. Like them f-king assholes at AICN!!!

SHURIKEN

SHURIKEN

i think that the success of aliens f**ked up her mind along with her influence on the directors of alien 3 and ar made those movies somewhat bad       shes a snoody bitch     and all i know her for is ripley in alien and aliens and that is all that i and for a fact everyone else who is an alien fan should remember her  not as sigourney weaver but ellen ripley   she doesnt know shit of what shes talking about  one of the reasons avp is gonna kick ass is because she isnt in the movie to drag or slow it down like in alien 3 and ar

Baseman

Baseman

Hey Ripley, Don't be a hater!  Hedgehog.  I love Ripley, I had a pet lizard named Ripley.  I don't know what is up w/ her now a days.  She doesn't see the alien xenomorphs as a force in the galaxy, something with history and direction, as let say, we who have read the comics and played the games.  SHe just sees it as a movie.  o well. BTW, I found out on moviephone that the movie is 87 minutes. Movie still cool.

Knave Trub

Knave Trub

She's one of the least snooty, and most kind people in hollywood. Everyone has an opinion, and she manages to express it without "f**k you mindless c**t" and other rude insults. For those of you who constantly utter those objectionable phrases, you know who I speak of.

Dark Predator

Dark Predator

You know, for the Alien 5 we really don't have/need to have Ripley - Sigourney Weaver. And for her comment on the Predators... I'm sorry but I really don't see the Predator looking like a hedgehog - this isn't Sonic!

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

She's just pissing me off now -- we know her stance on AVP. "Trying to die to avoid AVP?" Does she have selective memory, or is she just conveniently forgetting that Alien: Resurrection was made? The only reason she dislikes AVP is because the story, on the Alien end of the spectrum, goes on without her involvement. I wonder if anyone's asked Arnold who HE thinks will win.     ;)  

Heavy Metal Spike

Heavy Metal Spike

The Ripley character: Determined Intellingent Informed Aware Works hard to get results  The "actress that shall not be named" Apathetic Rude Ignorant Damned lucky to have gotten the original part  Just goes to show how good an actress she is!    ;)   Ironic she says "Get away from her you bitch" to something else!     :)    PS: Reports at the time suggested her role in 'working girl' was true to personality - now i can believe it!

Shadow of FUS

Shadow of FUS

Hedgehog?! Does the predator look like Sonic to you?

Oh

Oh

^ LoL thats what I was thinking, can she be that daft not to know what a Predator looks like, me thinks not!

carlito

carlito

The Preds look more like Knuckles than Sonic, what with the dreads and.....  I'll get my coat

Oh

Oh

Good point!    ;D  

SonicThePredator

SonicThePredator

there is a little truth to what she said about the hedgehogs,they do look a little like knuckles though

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed