Searching for sources on the timeline of Predators (2010)

Started by TurokSwe, Dec 06, 2020, 12:06:50 PM

Author
Searching for sources on the timeline of Predators (2010) (Read 1,959 times)

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

I've repeatedly heard the rumors that Predators (2010) supposedly takes place far into the future (here disregarding the recent news from the producers regarding Predators 2 and how that film would have taken place during the Colonial Marines era) and AFTER the events of The Predator (2018), but I'm struggling to find any sources to corroborate these rumors, and so if anyone could provide the sources to verify the rumors that would be greatly appreciated!

Voodoo Magic

A video where Shane Black is discussing his movie The Nice Guys and is asked about his next movie The Predator and where it fits in the universe. Shane Black speaks sure of himself and very definitive that in the Predator timeline, Predators did not happen yet. So it would appear Black was presented internally with that info too.

SuperiorIronman

Nothing really states it doesn't happen in the future or even in its release year. It's just easier to go with release year as otherwise we don't have anything else when putting it on a timeline. That all being said it's never been followed up on outside its own tie-in material so we can slot it in either way without it really affecting anything.

Though speaking from Black's perspective this could take place in the future with the Assassin being a sort of trial run for the trio from Predators. They had been envisioned at one point as genetically augmenting themselves but that was pretty much scrubbed from the final film. It might've been a thing again by the time Black made the statement.

TurokSwe

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 06, 2020, 12:20:02 PM
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2020/08/28/avpgalaxy-exclusive-predators-writer-alex-litvak-talks-predators-2-plans/  right here

I'm aware of that one (in fact I mentioned it in the OP), but I'm looking for sources earlier than that between the 2010 film and the 2018 film.

SM

I go with December 2008, but it could easily be set further into the future.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TurokSwe on Dec 06, 2020, 01:58:20 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Dec 06, 2020, 12:20:02 PM
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2020/08/28/avpgalaxy-exclusive-predators-writer-alex-litvak-talks-predators-2-plans/  right here

I'm aware of that one (in fact I mentioned it in the OP), but I'm looking for sources earlier than that between the 2010 film and the 2018 film.

Voodoo had already shared.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 06, 2020, 01:17:52 PM
A video where Shane Black is discussing his movie The Nice Guys and is asked about his next movie The Predator and where it fits in the universe. Shane Black speaks sure of himself and very definitive that in the Predator timeline, Predators did not happen yet. So it would appear Black was presented internally with that info too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7pOiu1kmZU

I believe it was also spoke about at SDCC too.

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 06, 2020, 01:29:46 PM
Nothing really states it doesn't happen in the future or even in its release year. It's just easier to go with release year as otherwise we don't have anything else when putting it on a timeline. That all being said it's never been followed up on outside its own tie-in material so we can slot it in either way without it really affecting anything.

Though speaking from Black's perspective this could take place in the future with the Assassin being a sort of trial run for the trio from Predators. They had been envisioned at one point as genetically augmenting themselves but that was pretty much scrubbed from the final film. It might've been a thing again by the time Black made the statement.

I'm not really looking to speculate as much as I want to know what has been said officially on the matter and what sources exists to affirm the notion of it taking place in the future.

Quote from: SM on Dec 07, 2020, 12:00:07 AM
I go with December 2008, but it could easily be set further into the future.

How come? Do you know of some sort of source suggesting a time period?

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 06, 2020, 01:17:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7pOiu1kmZU

Thank you! That surely helps, but you don't know of any sources from before The Predator came about? Because I'm pretty sure I was hearing the rumors of Predators taking place in the future just years after it had come out.

Corporal Hicks

It did only come about after Black's comments. Before that, we all assumed it was contemporary.

SM

QuoteHow come? Do you know of some sort of source suggesting a time period?

Just the film.

Voodoo Magic

Of course even if we can marry their words, experiences, clothing and uniforms to particular real-world events and periods, Royce & company could have been on ice since their abductions for years, decades, maybe even centuries. The ol' Han Solo carbonite treatment! :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed