Sneak Peak at a Creature from Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2016, 01:22:37 PM

Author
Sneak Peak at a Creature from Alien: Covenant! (Read 32,757 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

So basically the engineers are the all mighty Prometheus. The ones who stole fire from the gods and gave it to god knows what.

BonesawT101

Sounds to me the engineers stole some form of Alien or alien plasma/DNA/etc and came to regret their decision. The creature's hand definitely does remind of the Alien while obviously not being exactly the same.

Imbrie

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jul 08, 2016, 11:27:52 AM
Sounds to me the engineers stole some form of Alien or alien plasma/DNA/etc and came to regret their decision. The creature's hand definitely does remind of the Alien while obviously not being exactly the same.

Certainly seems the direction things may go after reading Enoch's recent posts.

Denton Smalls

That's so cool! I like the idea of Engineers stealing Alien DNA rather than creating it...maintains the xenomorphs' mystery a little more.

Imbrie

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 08, 2016, 02:16:35 PM
That's so cool! I like the idea of Engineers stealing Alien DNA rather than creating it...maintains the xenomorphs' mystery a little more.

Completely agree. Really hope this is the direction taken.

Jenga

They idea of the 'promethean' curse being the aliens as weapons rather than that horrible black goo would be a welcome change/retcon for sure!

irn

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 08, 2016, 02:16:35 PM

I'm down with that. They still need to explain the completely absurd Engineers-human DNA thing from Prometheus though. The only solution really would be the reverse of what was implied and that humans are infact the ancestors of these Engineers.

Enoch

They predate human race, but they are genetically pretty much the same as humans.
That is already explained. I think they now need to explain some other things.

Denton Smalls

QuoteI'm down with that. They still need to explain the completely absurd Engineers-human DNA thing from Prometheus though. The only solution really would be the reverse of what was implied and that humans are infact the ancestors of these Engineers.

I totally agree. I don't hate the whole humans are descendants of Engineers concept, but I hope they go into it a little more b/c the way it was revealed was sort of matter of fact and underwhelming IMO.

QuoteThey predate human race, but they are genetically pretty much the same as humans.
That is already explained. I think they now need to explain some other things.

Definitely the more the better! It's gotta be tough trying to explain just enough while keeping the mystery and unknown vibe alive, but I'd like to know at least the basics and then I can fill in the blanks from there.

Since this is supposed to be chapter one in a new trilogy before the original, and I previously thought Prometheus was chapter one...do you think they will retcon and reboot certain things from Prometheus?

Inverse Effect

Maybe Aliens are humans transformed by the Goo? and the whole DNA thing is like Aliens are really humans turned into bio mechanical weapons by the Engineers.

Wild Random Theory i know. lol ::)

BonesawT101

I really hope this is pretty much all we see of the Creature, I don't want to see any more of it till I'm sitting in the cinema enjoying the movie for the first time

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jul 10, 2016, 01:17:56 AM
I really hope this is pretty much all we see of the Creature, I don't want to see any more of it till I'm sitting in the cinema enjoying the movie for the first time

1000 times, this. I want to feel like I felt when I first saw the alien snatch Brett away... "WTF did I just see??"

Denton Smalls

Yea I hope they don't reveal anything in the trailer the way they did with the Hammerpede in the Prometheus preview. Then again it was my fault for watching it

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 10, 2016, 10:20:28 PMThen again it was my fault for watching it

No it wasn't!

We think, "ooh, I'll watch this trailer, they wouldn't put any spoilers in there": Cue 2.5 minute version of entire movie. Same thing happened with Revenge of the Sith. At least we know better now.  :P

windebieste

Back in '79, when 'Star Wars' was the defining template of space themed movies Brett's death was a great moment where the escalation of  threat hit's its peak.  After the facehugger scene, which was nasty enough of a shock to fans expecting more Darth Vader style villainy, things just get worse. The chestburster scene was next in terms of bar raising shock - and is justifiably one of the most horrifying scenes in cinema history.  Then the final escalation of threat comes when Brett is attacked and abducted. 

It's the moment when the audience realises "This spaceship crew are all going to be f*cked! and Han isn't coming to save the day!" and is the moment the audience, still clinging to any residual notion that this was going to be another safe little comic book action flick featuring space battles, was completely erroded away.  Forever. 

'ALIEN' crept up on its audiences undercover of being 'another space movie released by Fox'.  That can only be done once.  Film making has changed since then.  The World has changed since then and so too has audience expectations. 

I think it's already too late to enjoy that "WTF did I just see?" emotion for 'ALIEN: Covenant' for some of us.    I don't think that senstation will ever be replicated to the same extreme degree as it was when the first movie was released upon an unsuspecting audience with absolutely no idea what to expect over 30 years ago.  People fled from cinemas back then!

We're well beyond that, now. 

First timers not exposed to any promotional material online or elsewhere seeing the movie, going in blind and completely oblivious to anything 'ALIEN' might get that sensation.  Make 'em binge watch a lot of 'Star Wars' first and then sit them down in the cinema to some 'ALIEN' chestbursting goodness.  "It's the only way to be sure."  lol.

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed