Alien Creators Get AvP Credit

Started by Darkness, Jul 29, 2004, 07:55:48 PM

Author
Alien Creators Get AvP Credit (Read 9,134 times)

Darkness

Darkness

According to SuperHeroHype.com, the creators of Alien, Ronald Shusett and Dan O’Bannon, will also receive credit for the story on the Alien vs Predator movie as well as Paul Anderson. Want to know why? Then read this:

“In addition to the “based on characters created by” credit Alien creators Ronald Shusett and Dan O’Bannon will receive on “AVP” alongside Predator creators Jim and John Thomas,Shusett and O’Bannon will also share a “story by” credit with Paul W.S. Anderson. This is because Anderson apparently copied and pasted 40 pages of unfilmed material from the original Alien’s screenplay into the new “AVP” movie. So, in addition to the respective franchises’ “based on chracters created by” credits, the new “AVP” film’s credits will read “story by” Anderson, Shusett, and O’Bannon…Written and Directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.”

It wil be very interesting if this turns out to be true.
Thanks to Demonio Cazador for the news.

shakermakerman

that would be the temple cus there was suposed to be a temple on the alien planet

ianyarnell

ianyarnell

Good, they deserve credit, I'm glad. This seems to make me yearn for the film even more.

SHURIKEN

SHURIKEN

i agree with shaker on that one  wasnt the queen idea that she was supposed to be captive inside the pyramid laying eggs as avp has her the same idea ?

RyanPoli

RyanPoli

\"This is because Anderson apparently copied and pasted 40 pages of unfilmed material from the original Alien\'s screenplay into the new \"AVP\" movie.\"    ....phew, dont work yourself too hard there Anderson...

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Maybe Anderson copied a lot from the Alien pyramid that never made it into the movie...

predguy22

predguy22

I don't agree with you there, Shuriken. As far as I know, there was never a Queen until James Cameron created one for Aliens. The captive queen idea must've obviously come from the actual AVP comics. Most of us have seen them and they show how the predator's kept a chained up queen on their ships to produce eggs that they seed to many worlds in order to hunt the aliens.  I recently bought and read the novel and from the description of it, it truly does sound like something out of the comics.

Sam04je

Sam04je

What? im a bit confused    ???   PA has copyed screenplay that hasn't been used from another movie onto Avp??

predguy22

predguy22

Sam04je, what he means is that he copied scenes from Alien that were never used.

ur dady

ur dady

woa dude, i didnt no PA plagerises haha gues he have no skill as a writer watsoever   >:D  

The_Jerk

The_Jerk

Since you guys dont remember...PA copied the screenplay part with the Alien Hive that was in Nostromo that was never shown in the original Alien movie and apparently if my memory serves me a correct..he said that he was paying tribute to the movie by adding a similiar scene into this movie so to give credit to Scott or who the hell ever..

RyanPoli

RyanPoli

So hes taking part of Alien that wasnt used to use in AvP...  How about the laser trap room in resident evil that was \"inspired by\" Cube.  How about the \"constantly changing rooms\"...again, from Cube.  And why does the predator need that stupid shruiken thing, he had the hand weapon/throwing weapon thing already that seemed to serve the purpose very well.

G-Dog

G-Dog

shame.........hey that shit happens all the time. Example: Spielber used shit in part 2 that he didn't use in part 1 of Jurassic Park. Then, thats a little different, but you get my point.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Sure O Bannon and Shusett created the alien story, and Jim and John Thomas made the pred stries but the real credit should be given to the 2 men who greated these amazing creature designs in the first place, Giger and Winston for facks sake, sheesh.If it werent for those 2 we would have no alien and no Pred that we have come to know and live today.I personaly find it insulting that these 2 geniuses are not getting credit for there hard work, and without them these franchises probably most likely wouldnt be the thngs they are today without the creature designs we know today.

G-Dog

G-Dog

yeap........stan and giger.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed