Alien: Blackout Details Announced

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout Details Announced (Read 48,139 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 11, 2019, 10:45:01 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 11, 2019, 04:57:12 PM
Quote from: Hemi on Jan 11, 2019, 04:04:07 PM
Don't want mobile game. Want propper sequel with Amanda. The end.

Better get working on it then.

No one is going to invest in a sequel if they dont think they can make money on it. If Isolation was a financial success we would probably already have a sequel by now.

I feel like I'm in a time loop.
Isolation was a success,
Sega were unrealistic about the measure of it's success.
Especially considering that incredibly shit IGN review.
ACM's reception the previous year, Isolation's expense
(Triple AAA) and niche genre.

Companies care about the bottom line, if Isolation had made money they would have made more. Obviously it didn't.

Like I said, no one is going to spend a ton of money on a game if they dont think they are going to make money back.

Didnt Creative Assembly even say the sales were disappointing?

The Old One

The Old One

I don't recall.

Then make a double AA game instead.

Local Trouble

Too bad EA killed Visceral.  I'd love to see what they could do with the Alien franchise.

Eldritch_DM

Man Dead Space was good. Coming from a person that rarely plays video games. I went out and bought a 360 and Dead Space just to play that game when it came out. Playing made me wish there was an Aliens game of similar vein. I too would've loved to have seen someone like Visceral do something with the franchise.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 12, 2019, 11:04:21 PM
Too bad EA killed Visceral.  I'd love to see what they could do with the Alien franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ3iqq49Ew8

Yes! Watched the Dead Space movie on Halloween night 2008 and played the game right after, great experience, loved the 2 animated movies also.

Predwars24

Quote from: SM on Jan 11, 2019, 12:39:20 AM
It's not "moving to the mobile platform all of a suddenly".  There have been mobile Aliens games going back to Alien for the Gameboy and Aliens Unleashed for mobile phones 16 years ago.  They haven't stopped making PC and console games in that time and aren't going to now.

You're talking handheld which is far different, Handheld is a portable game console. Mobile is games on the phone. Which is confusing for most and honestly even I had to get used to it.

Corporal Hicks

Games on mobiles have been around nearly 15 years, probably longer.

Local Trouble

Like Tetris on my flip phone?

PsyKore

PsyKore

I loved Dead Space 1 & 2, but I never really liked the overly loud and hyperactive Necromorphs. It became annoying at times and would even give you some eye roll moments as they crashed obnoxiously out of a vent or some such. I'm more of a fan of the slower/creepier and more menacing kind of monsters.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Nostromo on Jan 13, 2019, 10:43:47 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 12, 2019, 11:04:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ3iqq49Ew8

Yes! Watched the Dead Space movie on Halloween night 2008 and played the game right after, great experience, loved the 2 animated movies also.
Wait, dead space movie? Aside from the animated ones? Am I missing something here? Since when has that existed?

Local Trouble

The animated movie is the only one.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 14, 2019, 07:13:38 PM
The animated movie is the only one.

2 Animated Movies :). Check them out, should be right up your alley.

The Old One

The Old One

The second one sucks tho. IMO-

First's pretty gud.

Samhain13

Samhain13

And there is this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7829914/

Couldn't find much info about it. Don't know if its legit.

The Old One

The Old One

Look at the Director's page. lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed