Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 676,219 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Resurrection had tons of gore. I dare anyone here to make an honest statement that it made that film any better.

Dasani

Dasani

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 27, 2007, 04:15:25 AM
Resurrection had tons of gore. I dare anyone here to make an honest statement that it made that film any better.

The sheer amount of gore/the poor quality of it, tickled me to no end, so yeah, it kind of did....but not in a good way.

KidPresentable

KidPresentable

AvPR, but only slightly. They managed to bring some dignity and character back to the creatures themselves, but everything not involving them was shit.

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 27, 2007, 02:07:46 AM
I still can't cancel out factors of pacing and bad acting against:

Worse Acting
Fatty, crappy preds.
Scar/Lex almost kissing
Tyrannosaurs Queen
10 min chestbursting
A crappy lead
A alien sitting there and dying on the end of a stick
No gore

1. See Gameoverman and Chibi's posts.

2. For f**ks sake the Predators were not fat. They looked bulky due to the armor, but without it they were musclebound.

3. They almost kissed? Can I see this footage you speak of?

4. Her final battle scene is far more exciting and well made than anything in this piece-of-shit.

5. There was never a concrete timespan given for the chestbursting, the movie doesn't happen in real-time, and I'm pretty sure there's no subtitle stating "Ten minutes later" unless of course I missed it along with that near kiss moment.

6. Again read Gameoverman's post.

7. See above^^

8. I'd rather have no gore at all, than what was in this film. It completely lacks any intensity or impact(Father & Son burstings), and tries way to hard to be shocking and mean-spirited(Preggo sequence).

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Hudson on Dec 26, 2007, 05:28:36 PM
AvP was better paced, had better acting, and was overall a lot more coherent.  AvP R was more of a movie for the fans, had more of the right atmosphere...

Exactly.  For me, from a movie watching experience perspective.. I enjoyed AvP more than AvP-R.. But AvP-R seemed to be made for the fans.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: StealthHunter on Dec 27, 2007, 05:30:44 AM

Worse Acting
Fatty, crappy preds.
Scar/Lex almost kissing
Tyrannosaurs Queen
10 min chestbursting
A crappy lead
No gore

1. See Gameoverman and Chibi's posts.

2. For f**ks sake the Predators were not fat. They looked bulky due to the armor, but without it they were musclebound.

3. They almost kissed? Can I see this footage you speak of?

4. Her final battle scene is far more exciting and well made than anything in this piece-of-shit.

5. There was never a concrete timespan given for the chestbursting, the movie doesn't happen in real-time, and I'm pretty sure there's no subtitle stating "Ten minutes later" unless of course I missed it along with that near kiss moment.

6. Again read Gameoverman's post.

7. See above^^

8. I'd rather have no gore at all, than what was in this film. It completely lacks any intensity or impact(Father & Son burstings), and tries way to hard to be shocking and mean-spirited(Preggo sequence).

Um how about the temple reconfiguring every ten miutes?

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

Um how about the movie not taking place in real-time like I said?

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

avp-r delivered big time only 3 problems.

some weapon and pred sounds

short movie

not that long of fight scenes (Avp had at LEAST a 5 minute one :-X)

Weasel

Weasel

Quote from: StealthHunter on Dec 27, 2007, 07:41:58 AM

So the people that were infected were there for a several hours? Sebastian was grabbed and there was a 4 hour waiting period? The only thing AVP1 has on AVP-R is better pace.

Craig

Craig

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 28, 2007, 06:30:22 AM

So the people that were infected were there for a several hours? Sebastian was grabbed and there was a 4 hour waiting period? The only thing AVP1 has on AVP-R is better pace.
And balance, setting, characters, story, script, direction. Think I'm done.  :)

ttse92

ttse92

AVP
Great setting
So-so acting, I don't feel the suspense and tension
Lots of anticipation - its great to see the predators and aliens again!
Predators are too bulky and slow (Scar gets easily whacked down by the Queen, even though he's a teenager)
Aliens are more sinister and more lively
Teamup --> URGH, WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO A SCI-FI HORROR MOVIE
Good ending (predalien)

AVPR
Familiar setting - similar to P2 (set in the cities) but the sewer and hive settings are great, oh the power station also
Bad acting, definitely can't pull off "GET TO DA CHOPPERR" like arnold did
Awesome predator design, great movements, sounds, weapons
Bad aliens - totally, man-in-suit aliens
Intense fight scenes, too short though, the boxing between Wolf and Chet is pretty...bad

I voted for AVPR because Wolf is way cooler, there are no teamups and the pace is much more suitable for a sci-fi horror movie

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 28, 2007, 06:30:22 AM

Never once did I say it took several hours nor did I give it any sort-of timespan for that matter.

QuoteAnd balance, setting, characters, story, script, direction. Think I'm done.

Bingo! We have a winner!

pred_warrior07

pred_warrior07

Quote from: bloodjigsaw on Dec 28, 2007, 05:43:49 AM
avp-r delivered big time only 3 problems.

some weapon and pred sounds

short movie

not that long of fight scenes (Avp had at LEAST a 5 minute one :-X)

You forgot these problems:

Crap story/writing

Crap acting

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Worse Acting
Fatty, crappy preds.
Scar/Lex almost kissing
Tyrannosaurs Queen
10 min chestbursting
A crappy lead
No gore

The queen was the best ever, and it makes me laugh how ppl compare her with a T Rex ,no one really knows what a T Rex looks like.

dDave

dDave

Both movies have their problems... BUT AVP1 is the one that pissed the most on both franchises... so my vote goes clearly to AVP:R  ;)
For me AVP:R has no problems like this, yeah maybe the new reproduction methode, but hell, i like it very much, very alien like... you know, scary, gory, etc...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed