Prometheus 2 Is Next For Ridley Scott

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 27, 2015, 08:26:08 AM

Author
Prometheus 2 Is Next For Ridley Scott (Read 21,288 times)

NickisSmart

Awesome! Gimme more Prometheus!

Ultramorph

I'm glad we got an actual quote from Scott this time. Hopefully from here on out the trickle of information remains mostly factual. The last three years of baseless rumors has gotten pretty trying.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 27, 2015, 10:37:51 AM
Thanks. That'd be great.
I got my wires crossed, he had just told me that Ridley was working on the sound mix to The Martian in Twickenham.

In that clip below Ridley say's he's scouting in Australia. Very interesting! Will Paradise be a wasteland filmed in the outback or a super lush place rich with life filmed in a rainforest? Can't wait for that "fantasy" film he's making anyway.

Corporal Hicks

When did Martian finish shooting? The Australia scouting was reported last year.

Robot Sentry

Prometheus 2 (Paradise?) is a "fantasy" now?

Perhaps Sir Ridley is going to to tie Legend to the Alien/Prometheus canon? Darkness is a mutated fallen Engineer imprisoned inside the virtual unicorn memory-maker machine from Blade Runner.

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 27, 2015, 11:05:41 PM
When did Martian finish shooting? The Australia scouting was reported last year.
Seems like filming finished in roughly early March of this year!
The Australia scouting reports dropped in March of last year, however Ridley mentions Australia again in that clip on page one of this thread.

Beatnation

Put Morse in Prometheus 2 and screw Blomhack.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Beatnation on Aug 28, 2015, 12:45:11 AM
Put Morse in Prometheus 2 and screw Blomhack.

Unless David and Shaw end up in hypersleep or due to some time dilation, Morse wont be born yet.

CainsSon

CainsSon

I'm super excited for this. I'm reminded how much I like the idea of uncharted territory.
PARADISE, if it is still titled as such, will hopefully hold its ground and push the doors open in another direction. What I don't want to see is just a film that explains Prometheus. I'd like to be able to connect some dots but still feel that it was progressive in its own right.
Something I think is largely overlooked, but well documented, regarding the re-writes of Prometheus, is that a lot of prep and design work had already been done, which in a lot of ways boxed in the rewrite. For instance, the ship being called Magellan. Great. They could re-title the ship but they still had to use the constraints of its existence in the film.
This time around, it seems like the script is already tight and fastened before the design work began. Meaning, whatever rewrites they made, were possible from the ground up.

Corporal Hicks

Paradise was the codename for Prometheus 1.

System Apollo

May I use that photo for my pic of the day?

Corporal Hicks

The one in the news post? Sure.

System Apollo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 28, 2015, 10:14:37 AM
The one in the news post? Sure.
Thank you! As for the article, I'm a big fan of Prometheus. I think perhaps Scott will answer a few things off from the first one. If so, I'm excited to find out.

XenoHunter99

The build-up should be fun. I hope we get a better film this time.

Robot Sentry

Morse should get his own TV series (separate canon from Prometheus and Blomkamp's Alien5). I picture him as a kind of gonzo cyberpunk underground journalist running around on future Earth and throughout the colonies. Shades of Spider Jerusalem from Transmetropolitan.

ALIENS: Morse's Code

The first big story arc could be "Star Beast" following his investigations into W-Y and the xenomorphs.

Maybe a collaborative production between Fox and the BBC. Get some of the UK's top sci-fi TV writing talent involved (Doctor Who, Black Mirror for example).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed