Prometheus 2 Is Next For Ridley Scott

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 27, 2015, 08:26:08 AM

Author
Prometheus 2 Is Next For Ridley Scott (Read 21,290 times)

Corporal Hicks

With his latest science-fiction film, The Martian, due out at the end of September, Ridley Scott and Matt Damon are making the press rounds to promote the upcoming film. In an interview with Empire, Ridley Scott mentions that his next film is Prometheus 2 and he is currently location scouting:

“They faced another challenge when the film's release date was brought forward. But according to Damon, the typically fast-working Scott didn't worry. "Ridley was done with the movie about two weeks after we shot!" he smiles. "I was already on to my next movie!" adds Scott. "I was starting to look for locations for my next movie, which is Prometheus 2." Back to space so soon?”

Ridley Scott has confirmed that he is working on Prometheus 2 next. Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68

Ridley Scott has confirmed that he is working on Prometheus 2 next.

This news make it sound quite likely that Prometheus 2 will have started shooting by January 2016 as previously reported.  In May of 2014 it was reported that Ridley Scott had been in Australia scouting for locations. In terms of actual story there is still very little we know but keep checking back here for the latest news. Thanks to Scified for the news.

windebieste

Yeah, Baby!  Bring it...  'Prometheus 2' has the potential to offer so much new content.   The first film was a little lack luster, but the fresh approach to this Universe is still very, very attractive.

Looking forward to this.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

As long as Prometheus 2 has a solid script behind it I'll be happy.

whiterabbit

Alright now this is new that I can get behind. Already awaiting the epic trailers.  :laugh:

Still I can't help but laugh at that picture.

Corporal Hicks

Hope it's actually representative of the film!

whiterabbit

Yea, of course but those trailers really got the blood pumping. However I was wondering, are they going with the same creature guys or not?

Corporal Hicks

I can't even remember who did Prometheus. Was it WETA?

whiterabbit

I think so but I meant the actual person who created the creatures. Neville Page and Carlos Huante?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 27, 2015, 09:52:06 AM
I think so but I meant the actual person who created the creatures. Neville Page and Carlos Huante?

Yeah, that's correct.

Here's an interview with Carlos - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/carlos-huante/

Neal Scanlan too.

T Dog

My mate works for a company in LA that installs editing suites and has often set stuff up for Scott.
I remember him saying in May that Scott was on his way back from somewhere (i think it might have been Jordan) so he was probably location scouting for Prometheus2 .

Corporal Hicks

There was also talk of Australia in May last year.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 27, 2015, 10:16:12 AM
There was also talk of Australia in May last year.
Damn I wish I could remember. I hit him up on Facebook anyway, we shall wait and see.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks. That'd be great.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: tmjhur on Aug 27, 2015, 10:10:41 AM
My mate works for a company in LA that installs editing suites and has often set stuff up for Scott.
I remember him saying in May that Scott was on his way back from somewhere (i think it might have been Jordan) so he was probably location scouting for Prometheus2 .

The outdoor parts of The Martian was shot in the Wadi Rum Valley in Jordan. Likely just re-shoots/pick-ups for that film.

That said, parts of Prometheus 1 were also shot there.

LVIVIIVI

LVIVIIVI

Listen from 19:30!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed