StudioADI Appreciation Thread

Started by Omegamorph, Oct 21, 2021, 11:06:46 PM

Author
StudioADI Appreciation Thread (Read 5,961 times)

Master Chief

Quote from: Omegamorph on Oct 22, 2021, 12:12:51 AM
Celtic's mask has to be my all-time favourite Predator mask. The aesthetic elements coalesce so well



Yep!  Easily my favorite Predator helmet.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

#46
Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 28, 2021, 01:31:38 PM
? I did appreciate them.....

You did, mostly, and it's more a heads up than an issue.

Hicks chimed in previously/why I quoted him was because folks were thinking this is the ADI appreciation thread followed by what you don't like about them thread, and it's not.

Kradan

Kradan

#47
Also, it's ADI Predator appreciation thread. Maybe it should be renamed to just "ADI appreciation thread" ?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

#48
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 28, 2021, 05:10:53 PM
Also, it's ADI Predator appreciation thread. Maybe it should be renamed to just "ADI appreciation thread" ?

Good idea. I may just do that and move this into the general Alien & Predator section.

EDIT: Done

So now that we're bringing the Aliens into this thread, I'm going to be a black sheep here and profess my favorite Alien film design as the AVPR one.

These renders by Ivan Overst show off the design nicely I think.





Omegamorph has a nice piece on this design, as well as an extensive gallery of the creatures from this film.

SiL

SiL

#49
The second image reminds me of the Aliens: Hive design.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

#50
Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2021, 08:03:52 PM
The second image reminds me of the Aliens: Hive design.

Think I see what you mean.


Kradan

Kradan

#51
Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2021, 08:03:52 PM
The second image reminds me of the Aliens: Hive design.

Aren't  you the one who proclaimed he was going to scream "The end is coming !" while bashing his head against the wall if Hive's designs would ever be turned into live-action form ?  :D

Nice pics, RidgeTop. I have soft spot for AvP Aliens. I do agree they look glorious in black. Yes, they may lack in biomechanical detail but that never really bothered me 'cause it's not like we get to see Xenos in great detail in the movies anyway.  It's more about overall shape, details are great for BTS photos and collectible figures

SiL

SiL

#52
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 28, 2021, 08:23:55 PM
Aren't  you the one who proclaimed he was going to scream "The end is coming !" while bashing his head against the wall if Hive's designs would ever be turned into live-action form ?  :D
I'm respecting the spirit of the thread.

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 28, 2021, 08:22:16 PM
Think I see what you mean.
The muscular arms, bold head ridges, and distinct lack of anything resembling what Giger created.

I have a weird soft spot for that design, though, and seeing that render I almost wish they'd leaned more into it. Would've fit the style of the film

Kradan

Kradan

#53
Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2021, 08:27:29 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 28, 2021, 08:23:55 PM
Aren't  you the one who proclaimed he was going to scream "The end is coming !" while bashing his head against the wall if Hive's designs would ever be turned into live-action form ?  :D
I'm respecting the spirit of the thread.

I'm sorry, I just thought it was extremely funny when you said that. Alright, I'm shutting up  :-X


I think that comic has great artwork in general. High contrasts, gotta love it. Extremely moody

The Cruentus

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 28, 2021, 05:00:31 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 28, 2021, 01:31:38 PM
? I did appreciate them.....

You did, mostly, and it's more a heads up than an issue.

Hicks chimed in previously/why I quoted him was because folks were thinking this is the ADI appreciation thread followed by what you don't like about them thread, and it's not.

Mostly? I never did anything but appreciate them.  :-\

SiL

SiL

#55
It was the comments about the AvP Aliens at the end of the post he's referring to.
Quote
but the suits don't work well in the avp movie though, painting them black and altering the neck did little to cover the lack of biomech details.

I can see where he's coming from but I think it's a stretch to say that's "not appreciating them".

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah it's only true lol

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

#57
Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2021, 10:00:42 PM
It was the comments about the AvP Aliens at the end of the post he's referring to.
Quote
but the suits don't work well in the avp movie though, painting them black and altering the neck did little to cover the lack of biomech details.

I can see where he's coming from but I think it's a stretch to say that's "not appreciating them".

I didn't say he wasn't. Was just steering the conversation away from that as was done before and ya can't blame me for being wary.

Moving on now please.

Corporal Hicks

And once again, snipped. Come on folk. Appreciate the intent of the thread.

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 28, 2021, 05:00:31 PM
folks were thinking this is the ADI appreciation thread followed by what you don't like about them thread, and it's not.

The inverse applies to. It's not the "insult, then say something nice thread" either. Come on. Can folk stop trying to put me in an early grave.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

#59
Ok then, Ill stay within the appreciation range. Alien Runner has always been a very appealing design. It looked like a repulsive but stunning and terrifying creature, and it looked gruesome and like something thats really alive. The paintwork on it did look like Gigers paintings

And while I know Im in the minority, I dig the Predalien. Without the muscle tissue that the final version had, it had fantastic biomech design, and its alien "face" looked great

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed