Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art

Started by RidgeTop, Dec 27, 2017, 04:04:57 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art (Read 73,990 times)

windebieste

This rumor is so full of fanboi 'meh'. What EXACTLY did Scott say recently? It sounds like you need to be reminded.

Still waiting for an official word from Fox, the current owner of the Property (Do you really think a 52 billion dollar deal is just going to be handed over by the weekend..?  This handshake may take months - or even years - to be completed!)

Windebieste.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Okay, sorry for delay, I stopped for a covfefe break....Anyway....

Where he says he was part of the crew......
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=14039293#post14039293

And the rest......
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=14128165#post14128165

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 27, 2017, 06:12:06 AM
What EXACTLY did Scott say recently? It sounds like you need to be reminded.
Dude, no one here is campaigning the rumor is true. We're simply discussing how it possibly got started.

Relax.

juicy

juicy

Needs more homo erotica, Wagner and flutes. C'mon, children, let the member-berries die. Kill them, if you have to.

Richman678

Looks like Blomkamp is trying to peak Disney's interests.

Seriously though this great concept art.

MovieFan

MovieFan

Lol to the rumors that Scott's third David movie is cancelled cause some dude on a forum said so.

Covenant 2 was supposed to shoot after Ridley Scott shot THE CARTEL. Before he got to that movie the script for ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD came across his desk and he moved things around drastically including DAVID so he could immediately jump on that cause he loved the material (something he's done before when he got the scripts to THE COUNSELOR and THE MARTIAN).  Scott was supposed to be done with MONEY (he was doing the initial final mix in October) and prepping CARTEL for a shoot starting now but the whole Kevin Spacey debacle and reshooting material with Christopher Plummer altered things.

Scott holds sway in the film industry. His Scott Free productions has a hand in dozens of projects so he'll still be able to negotiate one last DAVID film I think. But first he's doing THE CARTEL and unless another great script comes along to pull him aside I would bet DAVID would follow that. 

windebieste

Scott says one thing; and Blomkamp releases some concept art while Fox says nothing.  There's nothing in any of all this to contradict or preclude the other.

Is it possible Scott and Blomkamp are in collusion on an upcoming Project and Fox is all good with it..?

-Windebieste.

OpenMaw

I doubt it. Ridley seemed to waffle on his approval/dissapproval of Blomkamp's intentions going forward. So I doubt they'd be working together on something.

BishopShouldGo

Smooth-domed alien... Alien '79 rehash?

brokentusk420

Glad this high school writing exercise will never see the silver screen. This would be just as bad as the trex fanboy pandering they did in that garbage heap Jurassic World.  You know the completely unnecessary part where the trex breaks through the spinosaurus skeleton   ::)

SM

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 27, 2017, 07:17:50 AM
Smooth-domed alien... Alien '79 rehash?

Considering the dropship - must be.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: MovieFan on Dec 27, 2017, 06:45:32 AM
Lol to the rumors that Scott's third David movie is cancelled cause some dude on a forum said so.
What it looks like to me, Screenrant took a three month old comment from one of the film's graphic designers who made his comment prior to the Disney announcement, and turned it into click bait in late December. A trick among popular movie blog sites.

Post as many rumors as you can get your hands on. Then when once in a blue moon one of those rumors turns out to be true, they splash all over their front page, "Look at this, back in December we told our faithful followers this was going to happen, and boy did OUR sources deliver!" They just don't bother mentioning the hundreds of rumors they posted that were dead ends.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Dec 27, 2017, 06:02:05 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 27, 2017, 05:39:06 AM
That's just a rumor I believe.
From what I can tell, all blog rumor crawling was spawned from Carl Braga's comment:

Did we have confirmation that was actually Carl?

Also, loving that artwork! And some more of Calum Watt's character design for the film. And perhaps we have the working title for this, Red Harvest.

I have to wonder if he's trying to drum up renewed interest following the merger?

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 27, 2017, 08:07:32 AM
Depends on what you consider confirmation. HumanMedia public profile at BRcom states "Carl Braga."

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Dec 27, 2017, 08:13:18 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 27, 2017, 08:07:32 AM
Depends on what you consider confirmation. HumanMedia public profile at BRcom states "Carl Braga."

Fair enough. That name rings a bell for me. Lemme check some stuff in regards to that.

Also, updated the initial posts with better quality copies of those concepts from IG.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 27, 2017, 08:23:04 AM
Fair enough. That name rings a bell for me. Lemme check some stuff in regards to that.

HumanMedia is his business site, confirms contact is Carl Braga. He's fairly active on BRcom accommodating their members on requests for special order/hard to find discs. That is among his business ventures when he's not on film projects. I saw no pattern of rumor spreading in his post history.

But that's not even the point, even accepting his claim as the truth only reveals their status three months ago. Who knows what iteration/status that project has went through since then. A movie blog took a three month old comment out of context and tried to make it a juicy Xmas rumor. It grew legs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed