New Trailer Coming Tomorrow

Started by Johnny Handsome, Jun 25, 2018, 04:53:19 PM

Author
New Trailer Coming Tomorrow (Read 20,041 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 26, 2018, 12:58:58 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 25, 2018, 09:05:44 PM
There is a theory that i like. That its a standard issue set of armor/weapons, sorta like a predator military uniform. Something basic and produced in bulk.

There may be no truth to that but i like it.

It's an interesting idea, but there's nothing really in the original script that implies what his origins are. Just that he's the "good" Predator and he's against whatever Upgrade is doing.

And scripts and details change over time. And as Buddy acknowledges - it is just a bit of a theory. We've yet to really hear anyone talk in any true detail about the mentality around the designs and personally I'm really keen to hear more about what they were thinking with the armour.

Quote from: Vermillion on Jun 26, 2018, 02:46:23 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 26, 2018, 01:09:49 AM
That's the most chill looking predator I've ever seen. He looks so bored, it's kinda funny.
Ban this troll already

I really need to add a rule about backseating modding...

Quote from: TheLoneRanger on Jun 26, 2018, 04:14:09 AM
Hey folks, new here but LONGTIME hardcore Pred fan.  New movie is getting my juices flowing again, reinvigorated.

I'm excited to see the trailer, tomorrow especially after the rather bad ass NBA finals TV spot. The first trailer was meh.  But I'm starting to get more positive vibes. 

Also eagerly awaiting the prototype pictures for the NECA figs to add to the collection.

Welcome to the gang! Glad to have you aboard and see your enthusiasm!

Quote from: ace3g on Jun 26, 2018, 04:36:43 AM
Also I hope we don't get a Batman Forever / Batman & Robin suit scene involving the Predator...

What about like in AvP?

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 25, 2018, 06:30:14 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 25, 2018, 04:58:23 PM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 25, 2018, 04:30:41 PM
The pacing in AVP was good. While the characters may not be the best, I loved the buildup to the pyramid, the foreshadowing with the whale bones and water tower, the discovery of the tunnel, the ancient dead bodies. All of it gives pieces to the overall puzzle. You wanna talk bad pacing? Aliens is boooooring. It takes an hour and 15 minutes until the aliens show up and what do you get uxntil then? A bunch of cartoon military grunts who can never shut the he'll up about how badass they are. We know everything that awaits them because it's just the first movie, just with more Aliens.

Sad
How is this part of the conversation in another thread appearing in this thread? ???

Sorry, I've moved that back to the right thread.

Love the little teaser btw. Felt like a nice little call back to the first AvP teaser. I've said it in the past but I am liking this new armour. The face looks pretty good too. Looking forward to proper reveal later today too. Trying to get an idea of when it's going live.

Lionhart

Lionhart

From the little teaser that we got yesterday, I'm liking the face of the predator, the armor and helmet are okej, a little bit to shining for my liking. Can't wait for the real trailer today

Wweyland

Wweyland

How many hours left? Some news sites are already reporting the short teaser as a new trailer.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 26, 2018, 08:22:21 AM
How many hours left? Some news sites are already reporting the short teaser as a new trailer.

4 and a half hours from now supposedly

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If they do the same as the teaser trailer, it'll be another 5 and a half hours.

Quote from: Doomofman on Jun 26, 2018, 08:24:29 AM

4 and a half hours from now supposedly

Where'd you see that?

Ah, D mentioned it in the front page post. But he said 2pm. Which TrailerTrack also mentioned which is the same as last time.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Not set any alarms or anything, but I'll check around 3 PM (live in Western Europe).

andrea

andrea

First thing in the morning..comp goes on..cant wait..dont want to stay up this time..need sleep!

skhellter

skhellter

Will the trailer be accompanied by an announcement that the final script actually makes sense and doesnt feel like fan fic?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Doomofman on Jun 25, 2018, 09:01:01 PM
Quote from: Actual Hybrid on Jun 25, 2018, 08:50:47 PM
Not sure why captured has such...Decorative armor.  He/she not a hunter? I guess we'll see?

Edit: Ceremonial perhaps?

TBH this movie is 28 years after P2, assuming the movie universe has also progressed 28 years I can see that being the reason this pred has sleeker armor

21 years after, P2 is set in 1997.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: skhellter on Jun 26, 2018, 12:03:36 PM
Will the trailer be accompanied by an announcement that the final script actually makes sense and doesnt feel like fan fic?

They're probably giving fans too much credit by expecting them to give the film a chance and not judge the film based solely an old draft of the script that they shouldnt even have read in the first place.

Heh... little do they know.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

It's out.
Edit: it wasnt :')

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jun 26, 2018, 01:59:14 PM
I love how they Incorporated Billy's laugh from the original movie at the end of this trailer, oh this trailer definitely makes it look like a big hit and it's going to be pretty badass!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Exactly ! The laugh was so cool, i was really affected by that !

Huggs

Huggs

Still seems so-so. Sounded like the final line got leaked there; looks like a sequel is hoped for. That joke on the bus though, yikes.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I'm wondering if some people still thinks it looks like AVPR after that  :laugh:

And it seems the upgrade has something popping up of his right gauntlet in the very last bad-ass great shot ! Something that didn't show earlier when he stands up facing the captured pred.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed