NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,173,277 times)

Master

Master

I'm glad they used  arcade face

Kailem

Kailem

I'm glad they're using a more arcade-accurate face too, but yeah the realistic body does indeed make it look a bit "off" compared to his in-game appearance. It would have been better if they'd given him a bespoke one that was bigger rather than reusing an existing body. But either way it's still pretty cool that they're even making a figure of him in the first place.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I never buy the NECA figures that have that weird paint style, the one where it's trying to capture the video game style but in 3D. I can't stand it. Always looks off to me somehow.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Deathbearer on Feb 12, 2018, 01:19:27 PM
I never buy the NECA figures that have that weird paint style, the one where it's trying to capture the video game style but in 3D. I can't stand it. Always looks off to me somehow.
I generally agree, they tend to only look good from one particular angle and from a distance. Like I get what they're trying to accomplish, and it's a novel idea, but it just kinda falls apart in execution.

Having said that, I'm still getting AvP Arcade Dutch and Kurosawa.

Kailem

Kailem

NECA just revealed Ultimate Elder: The Golden Angel figure at Toy Fair:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/965124587305492480

There are more pics at Toy Ark's NECA Aliens & Predator Toy Fair gallery: http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/17/toy-fair-2018-gallery-neca-alien-predator-286793

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That's one of the few comics I haven't read. That's the Elder from P2, right? It's a cool figure either way.

Still Collating...

Know the comic, haven't read it. Cool masks though, reminds me a bit of the ones in the AVP2 game, that and the sword holds my interest.

What saddens me is that no date (yearly quarter) is shown for Broken Tusk and the arcade predators, not to mention that the arcade aliens aren't even shown, nor the ultimate '86 warriors. I know they had some trouble with production in China, but they mentioned before that their best selling lines are Predator and Alien, so I can't say I'm not a bit disappointed with this year's Toy Fair. Mostly because of no new information regarding the long overdue releases. I'll wait gladly, but being in the dark about when can we expect these figures is frustrating.   

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Wait, which comic is that from? Is it 'Predator: 1718'? Maybe it's been too long since I read it but I don't remember that look for him at all, let alone him having two different masks.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 18, 2018, 02:47:41 PM
Know the comic, haven't read it. Cool masks though, reminds me a bit of the ones in the AVP2 game, that and the sword holds my interest.

What saddens me is that no date (yearly quarter) is shown for Broken Tusk and the arcade predators, not to mention that the arcade aliens aren't even shown, nor the ultimate '86 warriors. I know they had some trouble with production in China, but they mentioned before that their best selling lines are Predator and Alien, so I can't say I'm not a bit disappointed with this year's Toy Fair. Mostly because of no new information regarding the long overdue releases. I'll wait gladly, but being in the dark about when can we expect these figures is frustrating.   
Oh shit I didn't even notice that the AvP Arcade Aliens weren't present.

I feel you on not knowing when/if stuff is getting released, for me it makes it hard to budget for it because stuff gets delayed for months, and then all of a sudden BBTS charges my card for the fulfilled preorder.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 18, 2018, 03:49:33 PM
Wait, which comic is that from? Is it 'Predator: 1718'? Maybe it's been too long since I read it but I don't remember that look for him at all, let alone him having two different masks.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 18, 2018, 02:47:41 PM

Oh shit I didn't even notice that the AvP Arcade Aliens weren't present.

I feel you on not knowing when/if stuff is getting released, for me it makes it hard to budget for it because stuff gets delayed for months, and then all of a sudden BBTS charges my card for the fulfilled preorder.

I think it's  'Predator: 1718', one mask should be from the comic, the other from the cover art, maybe.

And yeah, it's very hard to plan anything with NECA but I love their figures. It's funny, when they announce a figure and say when can we expect it to get released, I already go: so at least a two month delay from their projection, no worries, I can plan my budget for that. And then some get delayed 6 months and I can't ever say I see that coming.  :laugh:
I still love their sculpt, paint, character choices and prices for the Predator and Alien line. The articulation is getting better and better, on some figures it's almost perfect. I really care about the full range of motion. So, I'll wait as much as I have to, but it's really becoming a fun little guessing game I have, when each figure will be out. 

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah at this point I don't really pay much attention to their release dates (and I don't generally get figures as soon as they're released anyway). They almost always end up being delayed to some degree, but lately it's definitely been even worse than usual. Guess whatever manufacturing problems they had have been playing havoc with their schedules. I didn't notice the absence of the AVP arcade Aliens either until you mentioned it, so I guess we can add those to the list of "figures that'll be out when they're out." :P

And yes, the other mask looks to be from cover art, not something you actually see him wearing in the story itself:

A few more pics of the Ultimate Bad Blood/Ultimate Enforcer two-pack were posted too:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/965265852785483776

dHunter333

dHunter333

here is my predator collection in its entirety
predator 1 figures

predator 2 figures

comic and other type of clans, that witchblade is filling in until they release machiko

avp pred clan, wolf is with them

kenner preds

the berserker predator clan

some other 1 offs shelf...saving room for future preds

some diorama pieces

the predator temple pieces while "off duty"

8 blade fighters (80% off!!! i just coudlnt help myself)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Goddamn!!

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

My list to get is:
-Machiko
-Top Knot
-bad blood duo pack

That's all I "need".

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Somehow I can't find broken tusk and machiko in a local store anywhere, while the bad blood duo and ultimate elder are easy to find off my regular retailers...

The Netherlands by the way.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I have the Greyback elder bought back in 2014. The "Yellow" 1718 Pred looks Badass.
The batshit insane "Bad Blood" Predator looks good as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed