Casting Rumor: James Franco to Star in The Predator?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 15, 2016, 07:34:12 PM

Author
Casting Rumor: James Franco to Star in The Predator? (Read 24,337 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: overthere on Jul 18, 2016, 11:34:48 PM
The only problem with regular people fighting the Predator is how they'd capture the Predator's interest. I don't see Franco being interesting to the Predator.

I really don't think it's just down to physical prowess. We saw that to a degree in Predators. They don't have to be muscle bound Olympians to be dangerous.

Master

Yeah but still gagn of tough as nails muscle guys like Diesel and Rock, supported by Karl Urban and Frank Grillo would be nice throwback to original. Something I`d love to see in new Predator. Well, maybe in Predator V.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 22, 2016, 07:30:43 AM
The only problem with regular people fighting the Predator is how they'd capture the Predator's interest. I don't see Franco being interesting to the Predator.

I really don't think it's just down to physical prowess. We saw that to a degree in Predators. They don't have to be muscle bound Olympians to be dangerous.

The Rodriguez supaaah predators are not our regular true predators, so their habits shouldn't be relevant , I don't see
a classic predator interested by Topher Grace character.

As for James Franco, I think they're just kidding us.I don't picture this wimp involved as a lead character.

Denton Smalls

QuoteAs for James Franco, I think they're just kidding us.I don't picture this wimp involved as a lead character.

I was a little shaky about Adrien Brody for the same reason but he nailed it.

I like the possible change from muscle man to Everyman.

Xan21

Adrien Brody tried way too hard, with the voice... so annoying, but well... he tried...

System Apollo

But you said that Predator doesn't discriminate!

overthere

Quote from: System Apollo on Jul 23, 2016, 04:58:31 AM

Doesn't discriminate between men, women, animals. But you do have to stand out to him as a valuable trophy. Otherwise he'd just be killing everyone on sight.

DUB1

Quote from: overthere on Jul 23, 2016, 10:46:03 AM
Quote from: System Apollo on Jul 23, 2016, 04:58:31 AM

Doesn't discriminate between men, women, animals. But you do have to stand out to him as a valuable trophy. Otherwise he'd just be killing everyone on sight.

King Willie in P2 was a middle-aged man armed only with swords. The City Hunter still thought him a good trophy. And Harrigan, played by the "unfit" Danny Glover, was the one the City Hunter deemed it's most worthy prey. Also, what did Jerry Lambert do besides empty a gun at it then swing a machete? Oh yeah, he threw his badge at the Predator. Quite a badass feat. But he ended up a trophy anyway.

Many fans really do seem to assume Predators are incredibly picky about their prey. But I think trying to take a stand against it, even if it completely fails, impresses a Predator enough to make a trophy out of someone's skull. Basically any prey it has a one on one confrontation with.

BishopShouldGo

Well Lambert had a gun. If you are armed with a gun you're fair game.

overthere

Quote from: DUB1 on Jul 23, 2016, 03:49:10 PM
King Willie in P2 was a middle-aged man armed only with swords. The City Hunter still thought him a good trophy. And Harrigan, played by the "unfit" Danny Glover, was the one the City Hunter deemed it's most worthy prey. Also, what did Jerry Lambert do besides empty a gun at it then swing a machete? Oh yeah, he threw his badge at the Predator. Quite a badass feat. But he ended up a trophy anyway.

Many fans really do seem to assume Predators are incredibly picky about their prey. But I think trying to take a stand against it, even if it completely fails, impresses a Predator enough to make a trophy out of someone's skull. Basically any prey it has a one on one confrontation with.

King Willie was a well respected mob boss. He was on top of the gang and therefore a worthy trophy.

Glover proved himself by driving into the heat of the action and taking out a bunch of thugs on his own. That's how he got the Predator's attention. The rest got killed to taunt Glover more and more, to make him frustrated and angry.

I don't see that happening with Franco at all. But if he's a detective behind the scenes working out what's going on and what the Predator is, I could buy into that.

System Apollo

Quote from: overthere on Jul 23, 2016, 05:50:46 PM

I don't see that happening with Franco at all. But if he's a detective behind the scenes working out what's going on and what the Predator is, I could buy into that.
Have you seen HomeFront? He was violent in a raw way.
They will not cast James Franco!  :laugh:

Denton Smalls

"Ya don't see dee eyes of da Demon...until him come callin..."

(2 seconds later)

"AAAAHHHH!!!!"

QuoteHave you seen HomeFront? He was violent in a raw way.

He was so wasted in Homefront. He had a great character that filmmakers just used as another punching bag for Statham.

DUB1

DUB1

Quote from: overthere on Jul 23, 2016, 05:50:46 PM

King Willie was a well respected mob boss. He was on top of the gang and therefore a worthy trophy.

Glover proved himself by driving into the heat of the action and taking out a bunch of thugs on his own. That's how he got the Predator's attention. The rest got killed to taunt Glover more and more, to make him frustrated and angry.

So being a respected mob boss instantly equates to fantastic fighting prowess? Does that mean US presidents are all a bunch of Rambos, or that Marlon Brando's character in the Godfather movies could fight a Predator mano a mano?

overthere

overthere

Quote from: DUB1 on Jul 24, 2016, 02:27:41 PM
So being a respected mob boss instantly equates to fantastic fighting prowess? Does that mean US presidents are all a bunch of Rambos, or that Marlon Brando's character in the Godfather movies could fight a Predator mano a mano?

Look, no human can be a threat to a Predator. It doesn't matter if it's Dutch or the Godfather, they can't hurt him unless the Predator deliberately makes himself weaker to have more fun.

Yes, I can see the Predator having fun in killing the Godfather, and even the president of the US, which would be impressive to get his skull after going through insane levels of security to get to him. Though that would imply the Predator is aware of political surroundings, which sounds too boring for a Predator to deal with.

It's not about finding a match to fight with one on one, no human can pose a threat like that. It's about finding a trophy that means something, like a well trained soldier, mob boss, etc. People who pose a threat to others, who are considered dangerous, that's a good hunt for the Predator.

System Apollo

Quote from: overthere on Jul 24, 2016, 06:27:20 PM
Quote from: DUB1 on Jul 24, 2016, 02:27:41 PM

Look, no human can be a threat to a Predator.
Of course they can. No character other than Keye's team were aware of its existence. The whole reason why the Predator overpowers many of its victims is because they don't even know what it is but it knows what they are.

Intel plays a lot into how someone (or in this case; something) executes threats. If you have soldiers that have no insight in what they are up against obviously they aren't going to fair well against it.

Hence why Royce Da Girlie Man was so successful in fighting them off. He was able to inform himself of their tactics and use it. That is the THREAT not physique. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed