Casting Rumor: James Franco to Star in The Predator?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 15, 2016, 07:34:12 PM

Author
Casting Rumor: James Franco to Star in The Predator? (Read 24,340 times)

Master

I'm not very thrilled with this news. Not what I'd expect.

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Master on Jul 17, 2016, 02:54:49 PM
I'm not very thrilled with this news. Not what I'd expect.

He delivered a good performance in the apes remake. I couldn't see him as a soldier type though.

Corporal Hicks

He wouldn't be believable in a military/hard-man/Arnie role. I don't think that's where we're going to see the movie go though.

Thomas H.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2016, 07:22:04 AM
He wouldn't be believable in a military/hard-man/Arnie role. I don't think that's where we're going to see the movie go though.

I agree. Although I have no doubt it will be actionpacked, it won't be the kind of actionscenes we're used to from a Predator film.

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2016, 07:22:04 AM
True but Hardy/Bale/Affleck would have been able to pull off the military dude and/or detective.

I think Franco would make a good crazed paranoid detective who lives in a tiny messy apartment, stinks of cigerettes and booze and looks like he hasn't slept in a week.

DaddyYautja

They already tried this with Brody, hell, they basically did it with with Glover.

So what exactly is the point of picking a skinny dude?

Come on! If the Predator is going to be taken out by a human lets make the human into a bit of a challenge.

DUB1

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 18, 2016, 05:10:51 PM
They already tried this with Brody, hell, they basically did it with with Glover.

Come on! If the Predator is going to be taken out by a human lets make the human into a bit of a challenge.

And once again, some people fail to realize that Arnie's physical prowess didn't mean squat against the Predator. Hell, I'm sure a human lightweight's punch could hurt a human heavyweight a lot more than Arnie's punch hurt the Predator, if you can call it hurt.

Short of physical and/or technological enhancements, a human can only defeat a Predator by outsmarting it.

BishopShouldGo

Lol if Arnold wasn't even a challenge, who would be a challenge? Whenever Arnold had the drop on the creature, it was never due to his physical strength, it was due to ingenuity. And seriously how much hand to hand combat could there be? We saw a fair amount of that in Predators at the end. Royce punching a predator several times, it's like ok, we get it.

While I would've vastly preferred Affleck or Cooper, I think Franco would be a fine choice. He's better than most of the actors in the Predator series. I'm holding out hope that Ryan Gosling will star. He'd be amazing. Yeah he's filming Blade Runner 2, but push filming back to October or November and you'd be good.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: DUB1 on Jul 18, 2016, 05:47:36 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 18, 2016, 05:10:51 PM

And once again, some people fail to realize that Arnie's physical prowess didn't mean squat against the Predator. Hell, I'm sure a human lightweight's punch could hurt a human heavyweight a lot more than Arnie's punch hurt the Predator, if you can call it hurt.

Short of physical and/or technological enhancements, a human can only defeat a Predator by outsmarting it.

But we should all be sure that Dutch's training made so he could take the abuse that he was handed down.

The point is that in the movie Dutch was picked as a target was because he was a good specimen.  The Pred took his mask off to face him in an even fight. As even as it was going to get.

DUB1

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 18, 2016, 06:04:59 PM
But we should all be sure that Dutch's training made so he could take the abuse that he was handed down.

The point is that in the movie Dutch was picked as a target was because he was a good specimen.  The Pred took his mask off to face him in an even fight. As even as it was going to get.

And such an even fight that was. An old woman could hurt a young man with her bare hands more than Dutch hurt the Predator. Dutch's punch wasn't even like a scratch, but more like a very light tap on the Predator's face.

Dutch's smarts is why the Predator thought him a worthy adversary, and why he won.

Honestly, this argument boils down to people favoring big men, to such an extent that no feat is unrealistic for them. A guy like James Franco defeating a Predator, even if it's strictly through traps and weapons, will be deemed unrealistic, only because he's not a hoss, even though that's exactly how Dutch won.

After all, only big men are allowed unrealistic feats of strenght (sarcasm). Not smaller men, and especially not women.

Infected

It starts to crumble, told you this aint gonna work.
Pick Seth Rogen, the other Franco brother, Channing Tatum and Zac Efron also and just do a copy of Predator 2.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: DUB1 on Jul 18, 2016, 06:30:40 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 18, 2016, 06:04:59 PM

And such an even fight that was. An old woman could hurt a young man with her bare hands more than Dutch hurt the Predator. Dutch's punch wasn't even like a scratch, but more like a very light tap on the Predator's face.

I guess i should have elaborated a bit because i never said that Dutch was able to match the Pred but you keep bringing that up for some reason.

I said that i want the dude taking on the pred to appear to be a bit of challenge.  Dutch looks like he can kick butt but we end up finding out that he is not. That's a smart thing the movie portrays. These huge men were nothing against the pred.

Dutch's smarts is why the Predator thought him a worthy adversary, and why he won.

Did i say otherwise?

Honestly, this argument boils down to people favoring big men, to such an extent that no feat is unrealistic for them.

Yeah, it's clear that i would prefer a bigger guy but at what point did i claim no feat is unrealistic for them?

QuoteA guy like James Franco defeating a Predator, even if it's strictly through traps and weapons, will be deemed unrealistic, only because he's not a hoss, even though that's exactly how Dutch won.

When did it say that?

I just said i want the dude facing him to appear to be a challenge.

QuoteAfter all, only big men are allowed unrealistic feats of strenght (sarcasm). Not smaller men, and especially not women.

..... are you James Franco?

overthere

The only problem with regular people fighting the Predator is how they'd capture the Predator's interest. I don't see Franco being interesting to the Predator.

And being big does play a role. Just look at how much the Predator abused Dutch and he was still able to crawl away.

But we're all assuming the main character fights the Predator. I have a hunch our main character won't be facing the Predator directly.

Bjørn Half-hand

This might work depending on what the character is like and what exactly his interaction with the predator is.

Denton Smalls

QuoteMy #1 choice would be Frank Grillo, but I would be okay with Franco.

Frank Grillo I 100% agree. Guy is amazing in every film he does.

I like the potential casting of Franco. I give him props for always stepping into different types of roles. Guy even did a soap opera for God's sake lol.

I like Affleck but more as a director. I didn't see Batman v Superman yet (and probably won't) so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though.

I actually think his bro Casey is better in front of the camera.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed