Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 74,317 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 18, 2020, 02:10:39 PM
One thing that sucks is that Marvel doesn't have a relationship with TJones, so I think we all need to start sending messages to Marvel that we want to see more work from him in these franchises. Maybe there is a small chance it could help?

That would be very cool, though with his current career trajectory, I don't think he would come on board just to do art on another writer's comic these days. If he's going to hop on, he's going to be writer and artist. And I would be very ok with that.

Huggs

Quote from: David's Creation on Jul 18, 2020, 12:49:25 AM
*hand-waves Local Trouble away and continues to wait under Ridley's butt with mouth wide open*

Just remember, that's not a clitoris, it's a hemorrhoid.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

David will mold it into something nice, I'm sure.

Local Trouble

I hope the Covenant crashes in the first five minutes and David is hopelessly smashed beyond repair.  Just like Alien 3 did to Bishop.

That would make a great comic.  Especially since the movie will never be made.

426Buddy

Local Trouble

Corporal Hicks inspired me with the podcast.  He seemed consistently irritable throughout the whole thing and I admire that.

426Buddy

You admire his purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 18, 2020, 05:47:38 PM
So salty :D

Another soldier for project mayhem.

j0nesy

about halfway through the podcast, enjoying it (as always) so far! paul added some good points, but he seems to want predators to be firmly ingrained in alien canon throughout all media types, which i don't agree with. while i really enjoy the predators universe a whole lot, and the past avp comics were awesome (and think there's totally a place for a separated avp canon), i want the solo alien universe to be completely independent from predator content

XenoHunter99

That was quite an entry! Paul had a lot to say. Good choice for guest. Interesting viewpoints expressed. Well done. Thanks for all that!

My position for the comics is as it was. The new Star Wars comics show a lot of love for the characters and lore in the writing and the artwork. If that spirit carries over to the new Alien, Predator and AVP comics, everything will be fine. And I think everything will be fine, actually.

There was a discussion of crossovers. Here's a list I found:

https://www.cbr.com/aliens-xenomorphs-comics-crossovers/

Includes Buffy crossover, no sign of Galaxy Quest crossover.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Jul 18, 2020, 10:34:15 PM
My position for the comics is as it was. The new Star Wars comics show a lot of love for the characters and lore in the writing and the artwork. If that spirit carries over to the new Alien, Predator and AVP comics, everything will be fine. And I think everything will be fine, actually.

Speaking of which, I actually enjoyed the Vader comics  🙌😎

426Buddy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 18, 2020, 04:38:39 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 18, 2020, 02:10:39 PM
One thing that sucks is that Marvel doesn't have a relationship with TJones, so I think we all need to start sending messages to Marvel that we want to see more work from him in these franchises. Maybe there is a small chance it could help?

That would be very cool, though with his current career trajectory, I don't think he would come on board just to do art on another writer's comic these days. If he's going to hop on, he's going to be writer and artist. And I would be very ok with that.

Yeah I would prefer him to write and do the art.

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 19, 2020, 12:39:46 AM

Speaking of which, I actually enjoyed the Vader comics  🙌😎

I did, too! They're quite good. That's part of why I'm optimistic about this.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 17, 2020, 10:43:49 PM
I'll take self-indulgent and interesting any day over bland and safe, and while overall I do quite like Blomkamp, that latter is definitely how I felt about his Alien pitch.

Prometheus is definitely the worst of the six Alien films, but Covenant, in my opinion of course, is almost up there with Aliens and Alien 3 and I'd be very upset to not see it followed up on by Riddlez himself.

You saw Blomkamp's Alien pitch?????

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 17, 2020, 11:18:03 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 17, 2020, 11:13:06 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jul 17, 2020, 11:06:24 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 17, 2020, 10:43:49 PM
Prometheus is definitely the worst of the six Alien films

Nope

If it wasn't for that godawful editing, I would put it above Resurrection, but man... the editing is grating. Otherwise, despite the messy script, I find Prometheus to be very interesting conceptually (even though it goes against the grain of the original film) and it is a gorgeous looking film.

Maybe its just my poor taste but I personally haven't seen many of Prometheus issues untill it was pointed for me by somebody else. Same goes for editing. Even if execution of that movie was flawed in many ways it at least treated its ideas and concepts more seriously and didn't try to be that over-the-top summer blockbuster dark comedy and I'm saying that as someone who genuinely enjoys Resurrection

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 17, 2020, 11:11:43 PM
I think it's time to give up on David 3.

I'll wait a bit more. if you don't mind

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 17, 2020, 11:17:19 PM
I rate AC along side A3, prommy just ahead of AR.

Yep

I love Prometheus.  Warts and all.  I lost count of how many times I've watched it.  Just a terrific film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed