Xenomorph hive (Read 7,482 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

EU gaming gains brah.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

QuoteIf we are gonna talk about the hardest parts on Hardcore. Sections 3 and 4 of the first Marine Mission are the most difficult. Mainly cus you only have the pulse rifle and shotgun at that point. The fact that you know where the aliens will spawn helps but there is a part near the end of Section 3 of Mission 1 after you open a door that aliens will come from both sides, you need be very fast cus you can be swarmed so quicky there won't be enough time to kill them all in time.

On the Predator fight you can be one shooted by the plasma or spear slash depending on how much HP and Armor you have, its easy to die and the Predator is a bullet/rocket sponge but for plasma you can just use cover and since you are faster than the Predator you just need to move backwards for him to not hit you with the spear.

Praetorians can be hard if you don't use the minigun, on the last part of the last Marine mission when multiple Praetorians come to you I prefer using the Sniper rifle instead, can be risky if they come too close.

For Predator campaign the first Praetorian fight on the first mission is the hardest part, same reason as the first marine mission, you don't have the best weapons to fight that thing on Hardcore. I just shoot all of my speargun and try to jump backwards while swinging my spear at that majestic Praetorian until its dead so I can take his head. That thing can kill you in 2-3 second with its claws. Goddamn hardest boss in the game is a Praetorian on the first mission. Yay.

Nailed it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I love reading stuff like this.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I always thought the first game was the hardest because of the always respawning Aliens.  I'd be running around in the sameish looking levels lost as f**k worried about the next mob coming in. 

I grenade footed everything in AvP2.  Even though, I'm not really ever sure I beat AvP2 on the hardest difficulty like I did the first one, and I only did that to play every level. 

I didn't find anything difficult about the 2010. 

judge death

judge death

Would say avp2 is the easiest avp game, very scripted and short missions and can beat the campaign on 2-3 hours max. Not much exploration or changes and to me the story didnt live up to what others said, found it to be mediocer game. AVPclassic was way better.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is by far the easiest.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

There is way more exploration in AvP2 than probably both AvP and 2010 combined. 

Don't get me wrong, the maps are linear, but there is quite a bit of stuff that is very easy to miss in AvP2 if you go the most basic route.  Especially if you are beating the campaign in three hours.  Nobody gives AvP2 props for its story being brilliant, just that it had one.  For some reason, I always felt AvP2 felt more like Jurassic Park than it did Alien or Predator, but I thought it worked fairly well.  Still consider it the best game out of all the AvPs, even if it was tonally off. 

AvP only got the balancing right imo.  Maybe because I didn't have a computer capable of playing it at the time and played it after more story based shooters like AvP2 and Half Life had come out, it just felt very simple in comparison. 

It's got a little bit more replayability with things like skirmish mode and the respawning aliens and they at least attempted a species balance (humans-technology, preds-toughness, aliens-speed) It's just not interesting from a narrative standpoint. 

2010 was both a step back and step forward.  I didn't like that you had to do things like push buttons to transition from one surface to another to wall walk as the Alien, or to press buttons to enter vents, but I did think that the colony levels and the surrounding areas were good Alien verse callbacks.  Felt it lost steam with the AvP movie inspired temple bits but was still solid.  Hell since its the only one I can still play, maybe I'll replay it tomorrow. 

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 11, 2021, 04:35:51 AM
There is way more exploration in AvP2 than probably both AvP and 2010 combined. 

Don't get me wrong, the maps are linear, but there is quite a bit of stuff that is very easy to miss in AvP2 if you go the most basic route.  Especially if you are beating the campaign in three hours.  Nobody gives AvP2 props for its story being brilliant, just that it had one.  For some reason, I always felt AvP2 felt more like Jurassic Park than it did Alien or Predator, but I thought it worked fairly well.  Still consider it the best game out of all the AvPs, even if it was tonally off. 

AvP only got the balancing right imo.  Maybe because I didn't have a computer capable of playing it at the time and played it after more story based shooters like AvP2 and Half Life had come out, it just felt very simple in comparison. 

It's got a little bit more replayability with things like skirmish mode and the respawning aliens and they at least attempted a species balance (humans-technology, preds-toughness, aliens-speed) It's just not interesting from a narrative standpoint. 

2010 was both a step back and step forward.  I didn't like that you had to do things like push buttons to transition from one surface to another to wall walk as the Alien, or to press buttons to enter vents, but I did think that the colony levels and the surrounding areas were good Alien verse callbacks.  Felt it lost steam with the AvP movie inspired temple bits but was still solid.  Hell since its the only one I can still play, maybe I'll replay it tomorrow. 

I whole-heartedly agree. I think AVP 2010 was a bit of a disappointment. I also think it's the shortest, easiest of the three.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I still play AvP for the skirmish mode lol

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah and the Derelict custom level.

judge death

judge death

Have it on my pc and play it often, all levels beaten on hardest mode.  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I find Realistic tough enough personally.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Acid glow has played the game enough times that his youtube videos make my struggles look noobish in comparison.

AvP classic remains one of the few games I have 100 percent completed on its hardest modes.

I don't know which one was more satisfying.  It took me years to beat the last level of the marine missions.  Id get super frustrated and quit playing for years and then trying it again until I finally beat it.

That our TLOU grounded difficulty where I kept dying in what amounts to the games interactive cutscenes. 

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I still don't understand how the f**k do you get out of this god damn pyramid with the Xeno.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed