Aliens RPG officially cancelled

Started by funcroc, Jun 27, 2009, 12:23:30 AM

Author
Aliens RPG officially cancelled (Read 24,057 times)

dachande89

dachande89

Sad that I won't be able to play this, but I'm not too sad since AVP and Colonial Marines are still coming out.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Vulhala on Jun 27, 2009, 02:44:05 PM
Do you still play it Darkness?

I just installed AvP2 again actually but I haven't played online.

Private W Hudson

I installed all my AVP games 1 and 2 and the primal hunt :P had to be done

XenoVC

XenoVC

I'm not trying to be a dip,but I think this would've been mediocre at best if it was put out......like Extinction.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Private W Hudson on Jun 27, 2009, 08:25:31 PM
I installed all my AVP games 1 and 2 and the primal hunt :P had to be done

To get my AVP1:GOLD to run on XP i have to install a special driver it it runs properly or it dosent work at all...cant even find my disc either now.  In the mood for a good skirmish.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Huh. I spend 4 days in another country... and I get back home only to discover this news.

:(

Ash 937

Ash 937

I've never been a fan of RPG's but I was imagining that this game would be the one to draw my interest into the genre. 

But if I had to pick one game of the current bunch to be canceled, this is the one I would pick.  I agree with the others that prefer FPS games for the Alien franchise. The games I want released in order of preference are:

1. A:CM (Xbox 360)
2. AvP3 (Xbox 360)
3. A:CM (NDS)

Note: I recall reading that Sega had a deal to only release three Alien games from Fox.  It makes sense that the two of them would be FPS because thats where the money has always been with this franchise historically.  The DS game makes sense because the user base for the system is huge.

Master

Master

Not surprised at all. I would like to get Alien related RTS for PC. That would be interesting.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

would have been a wicked game . but at least we still have Avp and Acm but an RPG alien game would be great to. Dam !

Chris P

Chris P

I'm not sure. The concept art looked amazing, but the end result is no one payed any care to it. They all focussed on A:CM and AVP3. I mean, you can see by what they wrote on multiple commentaries how deadlines were not being met.

How sad would it be if s game wa snot sent out because they had a lazy developer?

I still would have liked 3 titles on ALIEN in the upcoming years, but to be honest they wouldn't have made a killing. A: CM and AVP3 will stack the change and Crucible would be the runt of the pack.

I can't blame them for shutting it down all together.

Hopefully they take those amazing concept creations and put them to maybe a game to reflect the ALien prequal when it comes out.

Darkness

Darkness

I agree, all is not lost for them. They can reuse the ideas and concepts for another game.

Mother_

Mother_

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 27, 2009, 12:51:19 AM
f**k f**k f**k f**k shit shit balls balls balls.
Game over man, game over!

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself but it does indeed suck balls that it was canned. I think a Dead Space-esque RPG based on the Aliens universe would have been awesome. Alas, it is not to be.

But two out of three ain't bad.

Chris!(($$))!

I am a bit upset about this one being canned. I could feel it coming but its still too bad to know. I was not too impressed as playing an RPG Marine. I would much rather play as an RPG Xenomorph getting stronger and becoming a powerful weapon in its Hive.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 28, 2009, 05:53:27 PM
I agree, all is not lost for them. They can reuse the ideas and concepts for another game.

Yeah, I expect them to re-use them when it comes time for games off of the films. I bet they will use some of them for the ALien Prequal game; if they make one of them.  ;)

It is a shame that all that work went into the game, but I heard SEGA lost somethingl like $200 mill and had to cut back on some projects and Crucible wasn't filling it's shoes anyway. Still I woudl have liked to see how they made an Alien RPG, even if it IS an RPG.  :-\

predatorfandrc90

man it sucks they cacelled it but it seemed like it was going to happen, they might revive it later on like they did with aliens cm but not for a good period of time

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed