Alien Haunts 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray on Alien Day 2019

Started by BonesawT101, Oct 14, 2017, 07:53:54 PM

Author
Alien Haunts 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray on Alien Day 2019 (Read 69,931 times)

SiL

For the shots that looked out of focus -- they are actually out of focus, and have been since they shot the movie. Sir Ridley Scott even mentions it in the 20th Anniversary Edition commentary; they were rushing so much towards the end that they just had to go with it.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 13, 2019, 11:07:43 AM
I'm that used to the teal that the natural colours just look strange to me.  :laugh:
I've only seen the Blu-Ray once so I've not ingrained it in my memory of the movie ;D That said, I don't find the colours on the Blu obnoxious compared to most teal/orange casts; I just love the original look because the 70s cinematography was gorgeous to begin with.

The Old One

The Old One

Only once? The best film ever! lol

SiL

SiL

Yup! Due to being incredibly time and money poor during my transition from full time to freelance work, I was only able to buy the Blu Rays last year ago, and only had time to watch them once since. :) I didn't actually watch the Blu Ray of AR until this year, even!

Elmazalman

Another bonus, the DC scenes are framed differently and not as tightly cropped.

4K 40th Anniversary Edition:
Spoiler
[close]

2010 Blu-ray Release:
Spoiler
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, although the 4K DC is a disaster regardless.
No native 4K "Director's Cut" it's "seamless"  HDR 1080p material upconversion.
And the DC's starfield alteration is absent.

Elmazalman

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 13, 2019, 01:44:18 PM
Yeah, although the DC scenes aren't properly integrated.
The upscaling?

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Apr 13, 2019, 01:03:35 PM
Yup! Due to being incredibly time and money poor during my transition from full time to freelance work, I was only able to buy the Blu Rays last year ago, and only had time to watch them once since. :) I didn't actually watch the Blu Ray of AR until this year, even!

It's amazing how much time one can save by avoiding a canon arguement or like however. Trust me, I had to learn this myself. Cancelled a reply, turned off the forum, and realized hey... I have time to watch a movie!  :)

The Old One

The Old One

It's all relative.

Russ840

Is the starfield fixed in this ?

The Old One

The Old One

No, it's the Theatrical Version entirely.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 13, 2019, 01:44:18 PM
Yeah, although the 4K DC is a disaster regardless.
No native 4K "Director's Cut" it's "seamless"  HDR 1080p material upconversion.
And the DC's starfield alteration is absent.
Actually what you're saying might seem like a gigantic deal on paper, in reality is almost a non-issue given how little extra material there is in the DC and apart from 2-3 scenes, it's rather small tidbits. And the upscaling was done from a 2K DI so to the naked eye it'd be not noticeable. And trust me, I'm an editor at a AV enthusiast website.

What I'd have liked, though, would be some bonus content from 5th Blu-ray disc from the Anthology boxset.

The Old One

The Old One

Why?

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 13, 2019, 02:33:50 PM
It's all relative.

They should put that on the welcome sign for the county next to me.

They've got like 5,000 people and only 2 last names.

Russ840

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 13, 2019, 04:00:18 PM
No, it's the Theatrical Version entirely.

Shame they didn't fix this. That is te sort of touch up I like when the director go back and tidy things up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed