Predator: Dark Ages.

Started by Tally101, May 16, 2014, 01:50:01 AM

Author
Predator: Dark Ages. (Read 54,703 times)

Tally101

Tally101

Hi there. I wanted to post about my new Predator short fan film I am currently  working on called Predator: Dark Ages.
Set during the Crusades, the faith and fighting skills of a group of Templar Knights is put to the test when they encounter the Predator.
Please check out our facebook page for more news and pictures.

https://m.facebook.com/PredDarkAges

We will be releasing our teaser trailer and kickstarter campaign soon too. Thanks

Wernest

Wernest

This sounds amazing, I've also thought about Crusades while making my Predator: Valhalla fan film. If you're looking for inspirations - I can recommend you great books by Pierre Garret and Jean-Noel Gurgand.

Randomizer

Randomizer

I tought of this idea before but I wasn't sure anyone would try to turn it into a movie (  fan-movie , whatever  :laugh: ) ! Also , the cover looks cool !  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ill keep an eye on this. Very curious.

Once you guys get into the swing of things, I'll start plugging you on Galaxy, Tally - like when you have trailers ready, when you release.

http://youtu.be/Ft3ePXGlKX0

Teaser trailer has gone up.

Darkness

Darkness

The Predator costume looks great and the way the teaser is shot is good. My only concern is that I'm very sceptical of these so-called Kickstarter campaigns.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

All the Star Trek ones have proved to me they're worth looking at.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Wow. That Predator costume gives the K&B guy's work on Predators a run for it's money. Very nice.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, but I'd still hate for something like a kickstarter campaign to make or break a project if it doesn't get the funding.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You get your money back if it doesn't make it. Nothing to lose.

Darkness

Darkness

Oh, not concerned about that. Just that the guy has already gone to so much trouble getting things ready and if it doesn't get the funding, it may be abandoned altogether. Then all the promotion so far will have been for nothing. I don't like uncertainty, I guess.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Great concept and costume design and I get its just a teaser but that trailer was a bit cheese.

Tallynator

Tallynator

Hey guys, the director here. Yes agree it will be a shame if we don't make the target and can't make our short. But without doing a kickstarter campaign we would def not eben get a chance to try and make it. Not to the high standard we're aiming for. So its worth the time and effort our end as its still good fun creating all these predator stuff cause im a big fan lol. Also if we can get to shoot the full short film we will fall back on a extended trailer so people will get some medieval predator action one way or another

If we can't get to shoot the full short I mean

rexemmen

rexemmen

The theme is sooooo great. And I hope you do get the funding to make it. And the trailer looks great!
The only things if any, is that most low budget/fan film the costumes are in my opinion too clean and too new. What I mean by that is, The helmet is too shiny, the leather gloves are crispy brand new. There is no weathering going on. And a tip... use lot's and lot's of smoke!! Good luck!
;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 12, 2014, 04:47:44 PM
Oh, not concerned about that. Just that the guy has already gone to so much trouble getting things ready and if it doesn't get the funding, it may be abandoned altogether. Then all the promotion so far will have been for nothing. I don't like uncertainty, I guess.

That's the point isn't it? Getting it out there and getting the funding. If the project looks good enough and can get enough people interested and funding, then jobs a fish. There's quite a lot of Trek films that get funded this way and it works really well for them.

I don't think I've seen a Predator fanfilm look as amazing as this has the potential too. And it's not just army guys and a Predator. I'm hopeful this project will get what it needs.  :) And I'm pretty sure it will do fine.

Darkness

Darkness

The difference is Star Trek has a much bigger fanbase than Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed