What are the good things about The Predator that you liked?

Started by Master Chief, Dec 19, 2018, 05:11:33 PM

Author
What are the good things about The Predator that you liked? (Read 24,943 times)

Wweyland

I really liked the prequel novel, that probably counts as well.
But the novelization of the movie was horrid.

BlueMarsalis79

That it did not pick the most idiotic option amongst it's ending scene possibilities.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

You probably mean Ripley/Newt cameo's ? I agree.

HuDaFuK

I still maintain that the opening in Mexico and the lab breakout scene are comfortably the best bits of Predator action we've had since Predator 2. The moment when the Predator's face is revealed by the blood pouring down onto it was incredible.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 15, 2021, 12:17:36 PM
I still maintain that the opening in Mexico and the lab breakout scene are comfortably the best bits of Predator action we've had since Predator 2. The moment when the Predator's face is revealed by the blood pouring down onto it was incredible.

I mostly agree, except for two tiny things.

1 - The CG effect of the face reveal was really meh. But the idea is marvelous. Better idea than everything we got in all AVP/AVPR/Predators  ;D

2 - The lab breakout is one helluva fun scene, but the predator complexion stand out so much in this mostly white immaculate environment, that it highlights the fact that this is a guy in a suit. The pred was never created to be in another environment than the jungle initially, that's why it's a bit of a visual problem for me.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 15, 2021, 12:32:48 PM
1 - The CG effect of the face reveal was really meh. But the idea is marvelous. Better idea than everything we got in all AVP/AVPR/Predators  ;D

Yeah, for me, I didn't find the actual sequence particularly incredible, but I did and still do like what they were going for!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed