Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 98,089 times)

StrangeShape

newbeing

newbeing

Guess this is the website. http://alienisolation.com

Tons of media.

Seems like Sega finally got their shit together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meNE4CPtnCo#ws

Nightlord

WinterActual

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 07, 2014, 04:47:34 PM

The Alien in ALIEN didn't really seem all that interested in chasing after Ripley.

The end of ALIEN must have been a laugh out loud riot.
The way the xenos detect objects in their "range" is making it impossible to stay hidden.

Samus007

This looks incredible. I am sold. (Please don't suck, please don't suck).

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 07, 2014, 04:34:58 PM
Shit game. Basically a reskin of Amnesia. Very crappy mechanics. The xeno was LITERALLY behind her and 1 sec later she saw it and ran away just like that. Lol no. If there's a xeno behind you, if you see it after it was already there - that would be because the xeno allowed you to live enough to do it; if you try to out run a xeno in a room or corridor you will fail; The scary thing about the "original" xeno was that it was better in every aspect than the average human. In the video, in the moment I realized that I can out run a xeno I was no longer afraid of it. And this is where the game ends for me. The whole idea of playing hide and seek with a xeno is laughable. You can't hide, its not about if you can hide from it but when the xeno will attack. Those moments when the player hid behind some machine and the xeno just stand on the other side instead of crawl above and kill the player were "ROFL" moments  :laugh:

The Alien killed her as she ran away. It's in another preview vid, i'll try and find it. The point is, you can't just run away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lkh0-jPfxs#ws  About a minute in. As soon as she started running, the Alien caught up and killed her.

ShadowPred

WinterActual

You are right! This was awesome  :laugh:

ShadowPred

Also:

QuotePart of the tension of this hide-and-seek comes from all the subtle gamey things that CA have intelligently included. You can lean around corners and over the top of boxes and consoles – but I am told if you do decide to have a quick peep, the Alien can spot you if he is looking your way. None of the baffling disconnect from Dishonoured's idiot guardsmen here Just the fearful dilemma: look or hide. It's simple and it's smart.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/07/alien-isolation-pc/

ShadowPred

ikarop

All those articles are being listed properly on the sticky thread. Right now I'm just dumping them here so I know what I've come across already.

Nightlord

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 07, 2014, 06:10:00 PM
http://www.gamefront.com/alien-isolation-preview-writing-a-parallel-story/
QuoteAfter details about Alien: Isolation were leaked by Kotaku late last year, a number of fans took to forums to complain about the choice to focus on Amanda. Very little about Amanda is discussed in the films, although her fate is mentioned in a deleted scene in Aliens. In that scene, company man Carter Burke (played by Paul Reiser) shows Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) a picture of an old woman and tells her that it's Amanda; he also tells her that Amanda has died.

It's a thin bit of lore, but that description seems to preclude Amanda from a certain amount of danger in a parallel story such as Alien: Isolation's. Since Amanda lived to old age, she couldn't have been killed by an alien — right?

Under Creative Assembly's interpretation of the Aliens story, that's not necessarily true.

"As a big fan of the series, one of the thoughts that always occurs to me, is that Burke, as we know in the second film, he's not the most trustworthy guy in the world," Lindop said. "He lies through his teeth. And he needs, desperately needs, Ellen Ripley to go with the marines to see what's happened to the colony (in Aliens). And so he shows her a picture of an old woman and says, 'This is your daughter, she's dead, okay let's go.' And you think, well, he's not the most trustworthy guy — is that the whole story? What may have happened there? So Amanda's an incredibly interesting character. If she's anything like her mother, which I suspect she might well be, if anybody's going to go looking, it would have been her, right?"
Well at least this is a bit more believable than Hadleys Hope surviving a nuke.

ShadowPred

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 07, 2014, 06:15:11 PM
All those articles are being listed properly on the sticky thread. Right now I'm just dumping them here so I know what I've come across already.

Ah awesome, I was about ask you about the sticky thread lol. Good to know.

Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 07, 2014, 06:18:07 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Jan 07, 2014, 06:10:00 PM
http://www.gamefront.com/alien-isolation-preview-writing-a-parallel-story/
QuoteAfter details about Alien: Isolation were leaked by Kotaku late last year, a number of fans took to forums to complain about the choice to focus on Amanda. Very little about Amanda is discussed in the films, although her fate is mentioned in a deleted scene in Aliens. In that scene, company man Carter Burke (played by Paul Reiser) shows Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) a picture of an old woman and tells her that it's Amanda; he also tells her that Amanda has died.

It's a thin bit of lore, but that description seems to preclude Amanda from a certain amount of danger in a parallel story such as Alien: Isolation's. Since Amanda lived to old age, she couldn't have been killed by an alien — right?

Under Creative Assembly's interpretation of the Aliens story, that's not necessarily true.

"As a big fan of the series, one of the thoughts that always occurs to me, is that Burke, as we know in the second film, he's not the most trustworthy guy in the world," Lindop said. "He lies through his teeth. And he needs, desperately needs, Ellen Ripley to go with the marines to see what's happened to the colony (in Aliens). And so he shows her a picture of an old woman and says, 'This is your daughter, she's dead, okay let's go.' And you think, well, he's not the most trustworthy guy — is that the whole story? What may have happened there? So Amanda's an incredibly interesting character. If she's anything like her mother, which I suspect she might well be, if anybody's going to go looking, it would have been her, right?"
Well at least this is a bit more believable than Hadleys Hope surviving a nuke.

Lol, holy shit. This makes total sense to me that I can't believe I never thought about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed