Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight

Started by Olde, Jun 30, 2016, 01:43:00 AM

Author
Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight (Read 31,818 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 19, 2022, 02:17:47 PMAll in all, even though the combat can be pretty grueling (mostly because it's so clunky), I'm still pretty into Scorn as an experience. Very happy I'm giving it a go.

Spoiler
You can skip/avoid almost all of the combat by walking away before the enemy spots you, and they will leave the room area. You can literally back away from some of the little guys and they will crawl into holes in the walls.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Finished the game tonight. Once I caught on to the rest of the boss battle, it was a piece of cake. :laugh:

Really dug the overall Scorn experience. The whole thing was as bleak and harrowing as it promised to be from its opening moments, and worked really well as a mood piece with some very fun puzzles along the way. I don't know how replayable it is going to be, but I'd love to give it at least one other go through to snap a bunch of screenshots and whatnot.

Also, there's an art book coming out in December from Titan. Going to be very curious to get my hands on that.

DemonicD13

I would love to see Davis, Daniels and the remaining humans on the covenant stumble upon this world.

dave1978

To anyone struggling with the 1st boss fight use the ammo room,  hide in the corner, approach walker thing to initiate its melee attack then shoot its belly.  It just stands and waits there for you and wont shoot its main gun. 

Cosmic Incubation

Finished the game the other night.

I thought it was absolutely a masterpiece of visuals and atmosphere!
The art direction is so unbelievably good. There were many moments and areas of the game that had me in awe.

I enjoyed most of the puzzles, and even didn't mind the combat so much.

My only major complaint is that I just wish it was longer so we could get some more lore and interesting puzzles and areas. I'm torn on thinking that it may have overstayed it's welcome if it was too much longer. But I just couldn't help but be left wanting more.
I thought the last boss fight was cool and fun, but it didn't necessarily feel like a final boss fight to me. Was expecting something bigger and more grandiose tbh. I think the game could have done with one or two more levels to really flesh it out more (no pun intended).

Overall I was expecting a bit more, but I'm still really happy with what we got.

Immortan Jonesy

bobby brown

LOVED this game. Can we just all agree THIS is now the official prequel/spin of to ALIEN?

Forget about Prometheus. Now its ALIEN and SCORN.

Took me about 7 hours to complete, it's not that short.

Still Collating...

I loved it so much (through all of its faults), that I am definitely head canon some of the lore with Alien, somehow...  :laugh:

Stitch

I haven't even finished it. Put it down one day and didn't pick it up again. Maybe I should.

bobby brown

Xenomrph

Playing through this right now on Xbox Series X, I have never seen a game with a more absolute dedication to an art style. I desperately wish Giger had lived to see this game, I think it would have absolutely blown his mind. The artists on this game just flat-out "get" Giger better than anyone who worked on any Alien title (movie or game) other than 'Alien', it's remarkable how far they're able to stretch and reinterpret Giger's art style while still uncompromisingly keeping it consistently his style.

I'm not sure how far I am into the game yet. I haven't encountered any combat yet, and I just got the second "light" on the hand-held remote door opener thing.

BlueMarsalis79

It is a great virtual museum,
Spoiler
but the combat I found woeful
[close]
would love to get that art book someday.

Stitch

Wow. A new post in here's a reminder that I completely forgot this game!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Beat the game last night, I loved the art design, the combat was okay once you learned that the most effective way to deal with enemies was "avoid them, retreat and see if they lose interest and crawl away into the walls", I only ran into a couple instances where I needed a walkthrough because I got totally lost, and the ending was pretty abrupt and nihilistic (and I'm not sure how I feel about that yet).

I preordered the art book for the game as well.

Gr33n M4n

The art design is what the game is all about. I just wish there was some kind of actual plot behind it all. It felt like there was nothing motivating you forward.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed