Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,716 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2014, 12:43:12 PM
Is that from Titan?

Not sure what Titan you're referring to unfortunately. Titan Games maybe? Anyway, it's Mantic Deadzone terrain I ordered online.

Corporal Hicks

You're building it? Sorry, it looks like all the tables a shop called Titan build. My bad.

[cancerblack]

Yeah, they use the same kits. It's a really good way to build terrain.

Arterial Spray

I was drooling over some of those kits last week. Nice to see them all set up, for exactly the purpose I had in mind. :D look forward to seeing more.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

As I said over on the Prodos boards - go for it. This is some of the best terrain I've ever worked with. The only one that even compares is the GW cityfight stuff, which looks nice but is a pain to build and is too "40k" for any other uses.

*edit*

Apparently there will be alternate tail options available for at least one type of Alien.

Blacklabel

Will they be doing the actual Dog Alien and the original giger alien?

Or are they just gonna stick to the shit AvP designs? :P

[cancerblack]

I'd say it's a safe bet that the Giger design ain't happening, and that the Stalker Alien is their version of the "dog" Alien.

Blacklabel

Well.. that sucks. :P

And really destroys some of my interest in the game.

Corporal Hicks

We're only at the point of the initial wave. There's still time for further versions of the Aliens to come out in the future. From what Prodos were telling me at their open evening, they're open to doing pretty much anything from the license as long as there is sufficient interest in the model.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2014, 06:03:30 PM
We're only at the point of the initial wave. There's still time for further versions of the Aliens to come out in the future. From what Prodos were telling me at their open evening, they're open to doing pretty much anything from the license as long as there is sufficient interest in the model.

Now that's a piece of good news. This game just needs to pick up some steam and they'll have a wide-enough support base to justify unique characters.

Visceral_Mass

I want to like this game so bad, but I can't seem to get around how much the game seems to be geared towards hobbyists and that turns me off.

Right now I play Space Hulk and AvP Horrorclix (sometimes I use the AvP pieces with Space Hulk) to satisfy my Alien gaming needs.

I am holding out hope that the retail boardgame version has one piece models (even though the evidence points away from that) and a solid set of rules to draw me back in.

[cancerblack]

I'm quite opposite, actually. I already have a thousand uses for the figures, and just want to get them and paint them up. The board game itself is just gunna wind up in "the pile" and be played rarely, unless the rules are spectacular.

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Oct 01, 2014, 10:18:02 PM
I'm quite opposite, actually. I already have a thousand uses for the figures, and just want to get them and paint them up. The board game itself is just gunna wind up in "the pile" and be played rarely, unless the rules are spectacular.

Yeah the figures themselves are a win for me. I look forward to putting my creative painting touch on them :) will play the game lightly (if i can find anyone to play...)

Blacklabel

What are the scale of the figures by the way.. 1/??

[cancerblack]

Wargaming figures aren't usually measured that way. I forget whether these are supposed to be 28mm "truescale" or 30mm. In either of those scales, the height given is supposed to represent the height (or sometimes eye level) of a 6-foot-tall man.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed