There should be a (give thanks) option.

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Nov 11, 2016, 07:34:30 PM

Author
There should be a (give thanks) option. (Read 1,841 times)

Pvt. Himmel

I know on other sites there is an option that allows users to thank another users comments it could be a little icon that you click on and at the bottom of a users post there will be a list of those members that thanked you. 8)

whiterabbit

The gift of Hicks should be more than enough thanks and yes that gift is non-refundable. Not sure about the button though, it sounds like a good idea but quickly escalates into a popularity contest.

Corporal Hicks

It's more a question for Darkness. I'm sure we had it in the past but it was removed for whatever reason.

windebieste

Meh... who needs a friggin' button.

Thank You everyone for making this site a joy to visit.  I visit this site multiple times each day simply because YOU LOT* make it worthwhile.  Thanks for everything.  Especially all the fish.

There.  Done.   ;D

-Windebieste.

*"From the UK TV Drama The Second Coming , written by Russel T Davies ( Dr Who), staring Chris Eccleston ( Dr Who), music done by Murray Gold ( Dr Who) it was brilliant and very thought provoking, if you get the chance to buy the DVD you won't be dissapointed ........................classic !!!" -Harry Woko

Randomizer

In the past I had the thought of an "upvote" button strike me numerous times but to be honest I wouldn't like it. We are not Reddit.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 15, 2016, 10:35:17 AM
The gift of Hicks should be more than enough thanks and yes that gift is non-refundable. Not sure about the button though, it sounds like a good idea but quickly escalates into a popularity contest.

Quote from: Randomizer on Nov 15, 2016, 06:42:10 PM
In the past I had the thought of an "upvote" button strike me numerous times but to be honest I wouldn't like it. We are not Reddit.

This.

I also think it could escalate into a sort of popularity or attention seeking contest. Just look at Youtube, people saying things just to get thumbs up.

While here, when someone says a joke or gives a thanks, it feels much more genuine because it's done for the sake of it.

I like the fact that this forum doesn't have any of those fame/infamy bars that you see on some forums, amount of likes etc. Just good ol' post count and rank based on that.

Darkness

^ Exactly.

We toyed with the idea of a Karma system where you could give pluses and minuses to people. We saw it done on the old Alien Experience boards and while the majority used it correctly, there were certain groups deliberately abusing it to give them pluses and punish other users. Then there were those users who were deep in the minus felt pretty bad because of it.

windebieste

Obviously such a system is prone to abuse and it's not needed.   If you want to thank someone, then do so!  lol.  It's not hard.

-Windebieste.

Pvt. Himmel

You should all get face hugged for Christmas!!  >:( :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed