Happy 10th Birthday AvP 2010!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 19, 2020, 10:18:45 AM

Author
Happy 10th Birthday AvP 2010! (Read 17,353 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The rough and tumble nature of the Marines was done better in that game than either of the previous two. 

I preferred both Alien Campaigns from the first two games over 2010s, think they did better with the lore for the Marines in 2010 (as that is what Jarheads are really like) but still prefer both of the first two games Marine campaigns, and felt the Pred campaign was equal to the first two. 

It had his moments, but it did feel unfinished, and the fact we didn't really get any kind of expansions to fill it out was kind of disappointing.  Especially since it wasn't uncommon for that era to still do that. 

Corporal Hicks

I actually really liked the movement system in 2010. It had a bit of a learning curve to it, but when you got it, I found it really quick to leap around the map. Felt a lot more natural than AvP2's crouch-jump. I was a huge fan of the focus leaping too.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I thought they made the Alien movements way less natural in 2010.  Having to push a button to enter and exit a vent always irked me for some reason, I guess because you didn't have to do so in the first two games.  The same for wall walking. 

Pred leaping in 2010 felt gamish to me, but I've already mentioned that I don't know what one would need to do to do to make it feel more natural as flying over the limbs in AVP2 was annoying as hell. 

I guess my complaint is it isn't fluid.  Anytime you are prompted to so something in a FPS it always makes me remember that I'm playing a game.  Immersion breaking I reckon.  After the tutorial missions, I don't ever want to see prompts about anything again.  Especially in a FPS. 

Russ840

Russ840

Are the servers for PS3 still active?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed