New Comics Coming 2009

Started by Darkness, Jul 30, 2008, 06:17:50 PM

Author
New Comics Coming 2009 (Read 12,461 times)

Darkness

Darkness

You may have seen the picture below circulating around the net the past week. These posters were taken at the San Diego Comic Convention last week which led many people to believe there was a new game or movie coming out in 2009. In fact, these posters are from Dark Horse.

20080730 - New Comics Coming 2009

They will be re-launching all three comic franchises in 2009, starting with a new Aliens series in May 2009, a Predator series following in June 2009 and finally an AvP series in November 2009. Check out the full press release on Dark Horse.com. Thanks to StealthHunter and Xeno for the news.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Coooollllll    :D  

Wolfpred

Wolfpred

i'm deffinetly getting these!!!!!    ;D      ;D       ;D      ;D  

ClockworkHorror

ClockworkHorror

Sweet. Not I'm even more excited for 2009!

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Yes, dream come true    ;D  

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Awesome, lets just hope that Dark Horse stays with the Yautja concepts instead of the God Awful Hish ideas.

SHREK

SHREK

comics...is that all?    ???  

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

I'm starting my comic collection   :)  

XenoVC

XenoVC

SHREK,Theres now always going to be shitty new movies you know enjoy these new comics

Cetanu

Cetanu

Hey, now I know about the comics so I look forward to it. I will order each and every one. I didn't know about the 90's ones...

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

@ RaKaiThwei  You say that Dark Horse should stay with the Yautja concepts and not the Hish (implying what the AVP film have in them) but its because of the comic this stupid idea of honour and warrior code crap that we see this stuff in the AVP films, it was never really there to begin with until the comic exaggerated and made them more human than an alien hunter    :P  

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

excited for these.  hopefully they wont suck.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

To Mr. Weyland:  I don't see why everyone hates the Yautja concepts, I mean be greatful that we have an AvP film! Anderson took the concepts from Steve Perry's books and made the concepts generally canon-- the blooding ritual, the culture, the honor. It's all there. It adds more character to them than making them the run of the mill horror/sci-fi movie monster.  Seriously, whats with all this purist attitude that most people here have? I don't get that.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

to RakaiThwei  I don't hate the Yautja concepts, I just think they have been exploited to much, there as been 4 alien films and 2 AVP films, but we still have some mystery about the alien, we learn a few new things with every film, but not a lot, but there's only been 2 Predator films and 2 AVP films and we know so damn much about them that there is very little mystery to them, they have also been humanised to much, but most of what we know is from the comics and put into the films, which I find unoriginal and lazy to use the comics to come up with stuff about the movies.  I do like the comics but I don't think what we read should just go strait into the movies all the time, were are these movie makers originality?  Plus I can't wait for decent new comic art instead of the old looking plain art from the late 80s and early 90s.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

To Mr. Weyland  I personally find it that if other franchises like Star Wars can make at least some concepts from their EU canon, then why can't AvP?   Sure, not ALL of the concepts have to be canon but lets face it, the Yautja concept was made canon thanks to Paul W.S. Anderson-- but there is ALWAYS room for originality. I can agree with you there. I mean look at the Yautja homeworld; alot of people thought it was going to be a jungle planet but it turned out to be an arid deathworld (which some fans have theorized it to be).   Sure, we don't know alot about the Yautja race but some of the culture has been revealed to us in the books and the films.   After Forever Midnight, I absoloutely hated the Hish concept-- what ticked me off the most was the reproduction method. Absoloutely hated that there, and even spoke to Mr. Shirley about it in the forums, who even outright said he hated the Yautja concept (he said it in a nice way though).  And as for the 80s and 90s comics-- those are classics, sure they maybe dated but they made the franchise what it is and generated the AvP films and made some of the EU concepts canon.   If Dark Horse is going to do the new comics, they better be gritty, hard and have lots of profanity and violence as they did back in the day... I just feel that since they had been focusing on the SW material, I feel that Dark Horse got soft over the years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed