Screenshots Thread

Started by stemot, Oct 07, 2014, 07:28:27 PM

Author
Screenshots Thread (Read 19,013 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Quarax on Oct 19, 2014, 04:08:03 AM

One of my favourite moments in the game, that. It looks equal parts beautiful and terrifying as it slinks down from the vent in that spiral motion.

esz

esz

Could someone upload screenshots from the ending, please? I mean specifically...

Spoiler
the moment when a bunch of Aliens is right before Amanda when she releases Torrens, and the moment from the finishing cutscene when her face is being lit by bright light.
[close]

stemot

stemot

Quote from: esz on Oct 23, 2014, 12:26:01 PM
Could someone upload screenshots from the ending, please? I mean specifically...

Spoiler
the moment when a bunch of Aliens is right before Amanda when she releases Torrens, and the moment from the finishing
[close]

Spoiler

[close]

esz

esz

Thank you.

stemot

stemot

Huol

Huol

Spoiler
the moment when a bunch of Aliens is right before Amanda when she releases Torrens, and the moment from the finishing cutscene when her face is being lit by bright light.
[close]

May as well post what I took
Spoiler

[close]

esz

esz

Thanks.:) This scene seemed really cheesy when I was playing and I wanted to take a look at it without all the camera shaking and stuff, just to make sure I got it right. Well, in game it was mercifully brief, but seeing a still shot of Aliens posing right in front of Amanda is hilarious. It's imposed pageantry. A show off, if you will. How the hell did they lose the grip on the tone and atmosphere in the last MINUTE of the game is beyond me.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Speak for yourself. I shat my pants at that point.

ikarop

ikarop

>implying you hadn't already shat them from minute one...

Plus you teleport into the next area as if nothing happened, making that scene a pointless build up. The later parts of the game felt choppy.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 27, 2014, 12:19:28 PM
>implying you hadn't already shat them from minute one...

Not going to deny that.

However...the emotional impact
Spoiler
of seeing all those Aliens, after the trouble you'd had with one and if you were unlucky encountering 2 at the same time...I was like "shit"
[close]

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 07, 2014, 08:39:59 PM
Can somebody do me some 1080p shots of the midgame reveal?

Spoiler
Derelict & Space jockey
[close]

I also need some caps of the medikit and smokebomb.

This one?

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Sagit

Sagit

Quote from: Huol on Oct 26, 2014, 08:36:10 PM

Spoiler
[close]

May as well post what I took
Spoiler

[close]
Wow! I thought there were only three of them. Not five. Although I belive I counted five runnig from the reactor purge.

R Lar

R Lar

Just got done doing crew expendable. Gave me a few jumps!

Zer0_06

Zer0_06

So I was watching Halloween (1978) a few weeks ago and I noticed a little statue in the background of the shot where Laurie makes it back inside the house after she encounters Michael Myers. The statue instantly caught my eye because it strongly resembled something I saw earlier that week when I was playing Alien Isolation. I took a screenshot because I wanted to show my friends the origami unicorn from Blade Runner but I didn't really think much of the statue. It appears to be a statue of a jaguar which appears in both Alien Isolation and Halloween. I don't know, am I reading too much into this? Is it another Easter Egg? I have tried looking this up online but haven't come up with anything. I would like to think that it is more than just a silly coincidence. Anyway, I have attached my screenshots below for your perusal.

esz

esz

Quote from: Hemi on Oct 27, 2014, 07:01:09 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Oct 07, 2014, 08:39:59 PM
Can somebody do me some 1080p shots of the midgame reveal?

Spoiler
Derelict & Space jockey
[close]

I also need some caps of the medikit and smokebomb.

This one?

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
It annoyed me quite a bit that other egg chambers are also active. In the movie the blue light covered only the one area that Kane checked; the other ones were supposed to be inactive and that impied the other eggs were dead. In the game there's a blue layer over at least three chambers. It's a major difference and I'm surprised they haven't noticed since they've put such an effort to recreate the look of the movie.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed