For all those who hate A:CM

Started by Predator@Alien, Oct 16, 2019, 01:44:02 PM

Author
For all those who hate A:CM (Read 22,245 times)

SM

SM

If they re-record the dialogue.

With a different cast.

And a different script.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

With all the character names changed to protect the innocent?

#BringBackWilks

SM

SM

Sure.  Why not.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Good plan.  Make it so.

The Old One

The Old One

Just... bizarre.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

And if there wasn't this problem of the colony, would you consider it as canon ? Or at least it don't contradict the original story ? Or for you there are other problems ? I think maybe Hicks in cryo is a little bit too much ?

And I'm okay with the fact that Out of the Shadows has been replaced by Covenant because Covenant came after and revealed problems with the origin of the Xenomorph. But are there people who consider both as canon ?

For ACM, I really like it because it's a sequel to Aliens and Alien 3 and revisit the places in the films I really like it. Of course the golony must be destroyed but it is not more bizarre that a lot of other problems of science in the films. Why Ripley survives after the decompression of the Sulaco ? Why all the vessel can travel faster that light ? There are a lot of problem of physic in the films and yet we don't consider them like problems because it's just science fiction. So why a little problem like this must redifine its status of canon or not ? At least we can find solutions to explain the explosion of the AP. But we can't do it for the problems of proportion of LV-426 and a lot of other things...

SM

SM

QuoteAnd if there wasn't this problem of the colony, would you consider it as canon ?

Whether I consider it canon is neither here nor there.  Fox doesn't.

QuoteWhy Ripley survives after the decompression of the Sulaco ?

Why shouldn't she?

QuoteWhy all the vessel can travel faster that light ?

Because they can.

The things you're arguing about aren't equivalent.

The problem with the colony surviving is that it makes the whole escape from LV-426 a complete waste of time.  Looking at how intact the colony is, they could've stayed there and hidden under a desk and survived.  The whole area should've been vapourised.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Ripley can't survive to this situation in the Sulaco and nothing can go faster than light, it's impossible.

And why can't we just try to understand this problem of the colony with the fact that Bishop made a mistake or he just envisioned the worst ? It's not more difficult than trying to explain other problems of reality.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Jan 18, 2020, 12:45:39 PM
Ripley can't survive to this situation in the Sulaco and nothing can go faster than light, it's impossible.

The whole series is just not canon to you if faster-than-light feasibility impacts your ability to enjoy it.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 18, 2020, 12:48:40 PM
Quote from: Predator@Alien on Jan 18, 2020, 12:45:39 PM

The whole series is just not canon to you if faster-than-light feasibility impacts your ability to enjoy it.

It is not what I said. I completely accept that we are in a science fiction world and in science fiction there is fiction, I know it's very important. No I'm just trying to understand why people accept some physics problems and don't accept others. But for me, I have no problem with that, it's fiction so automatically there will be several problems with the reality.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's a completely different situation. FTL is just accepted within science fiction. Being told that something is going to explode and wipe out everything around it within a certain radius is setting up certain expectations that the location immediately next to it isn't going to have much left. It's not like there're rules within the Alien series that allow for deflector shields or such to prevent.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Of course, that's why I said why people don't take the time to try to find a way to make it logical ? It's simple to find something to explain the problem, just like we did for Prometheus and the Space Jockey. There are always twists in the stories.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sure, you could explain it any number of different ways. It wont make it any more satisfying. But I'm glad you dig it.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

I understand that it will not be perfect because of the sh*t we had before. But I really don't understand why for some problems there will be a lot of theorie and ideas and here nobody try to save the work... I love Alien so much that it controls my life so of course I love every little thing in the Alien franchise. No matter how a new book or a new film will be bad, I don't care, it's Alien I love it. For me all franchises are entertainment and it's a really big positive thing. I don't really understand the people who hate it, it's just for fun so why be so affected ?  :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Jan 18, 2020, 07:25:01 PMI love Alien so much that it controls my life so of course I love every little thing in the Alien franchise.

What about AvPR?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed