Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 828,067 times)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Lord of the Rings:  The Fellowship of the Ring

My favorite of the trilogy

Lord of the Rings:  The Two Towers

How in the bluest of blue f*cks, did the idiots of GOT claim to draw any inspiration from the battle of Helms Deep and give us that poorly lit, wet fart battle of Winterfell

Huggs

Huggs

Bram Stokers Dracula

Fight Club

Prez

Prez

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Mar 25, 2020, 08:54:53 PM
Lord of the Rings:  The Fellowship of the Ring

My favorite of the trilogy

Lord of the Rings:  The Two Towers

How in the bluest of blue f*cks, did the idiots of GOT claim to draw any inspiration from the battle of Helms Deep and give us that poorly lit, wet fart battle of Winterfell

Extended editions I hope mate :-)
I agree on FOTR being my favourite too. Wonderful world building - also has the best colour palette of the entire trilogy + that majestic Enya song.

Kradan

Kradan

Batman Forever

I really like this movie even despite all its goofines. I can dig it being so bright, colorful and cartoony. I really like Batmobile scenes. Score alone justifies the movie's existence. Val Kilmer as Batman is fine, Jim Carrey as Riddler too. Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face is still the worst incarnation of character but he's so funny trying to overact Jim ("Let's start this party with a BANG ! Boys, kill the BAT ! BLAST HIM !").

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

^ I agree actually.

Not a patch on the two Burton movies before it, and I'll always be sad they didn't continue with his dark tone and his plan to use Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face, but it's one of those films I like a lot even though on paper I should hate it. And even after learning they totally ripped it off from The Animated Series, I still like the way Batman finishes off Two-Face.

It's definitely on my list of movies I wish would get an extended version, with some of the darker stuff they cut out put back in.

Kradan

Kradan

I like that movie kinda halfway between dark tone of 89 and Returns and cartoony toy commercial feel of Batman & Robin.

Btw, I didn't really see Billy Dee Williams anywhere besides Batman but heard several times he would've been better as Two-Face. Why so ?

PredBabe

PredBabe

Watched The VVitch the other evening.

Had to turn all the lights on after that one. Really great horror movie with some unsettling and disturbing moments. Robert Eggers is climbing the ranks for me as a director. I think he and Ari Aster have figured out that the scariest people coming after you are naked ones.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Noroi: The Curse - Found footage J-Horror movie.

The Blair Witch Project meet Paranormal Activity 3 & Hereditary without jump scares or super duper great acting. It feels real though, and the performance wasn't bad either. There was tension since it is a slow burn horror tale. Plus, the story is multifaceted in themes despite my previous comparisons. In fact, perhaps the last two American horror movies I brought to the table were influenced by this 2005 flick.

Quote from: PredBabe on Mar 26, 2020, 06:59:50 PM
I think he and Ari Aster have figured out that the scariest people coming after you are naked ones.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Under Siege

Why couldn't we have gotten this Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Had to turn all the lights on after that one. Really great horror movie with some unsettling and disturbing moments. Robert Eggers is climbing the ranks for me as a director. I think he and Ari Aster have figured out that the scariest people coming after you are naked ones.

Really, really loved that movie. So creepy and expertly crafted!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 26, 2020, 06:15:52 PMBtw, I didn't really see Billy Dee Williams anywhere besides Batman...

Um... Star Wars? :P

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 26, 2020, 06:15:52 PM...but heard several times he would've been better as Two-Face. Why so ?

I just think it was much more interesting casting, coupled with the face it would've had greater meaning given that we'd already seen his as Dent in the first film. Plus I vaguely recall hearing they would've had a black/white thing going on (in terms of his physical appearance) which would've been much cooler than just painting half of his face purple :P

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 27, 2020, 05:15:54 AMUnder Siege

Why couldn't we have gotten this Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever?

*sees bodies everywhere, including one literally nailed to the floor with a f*cking I-beam*
"Daumer, Daumer, Daumer, why didn't you hire this person? I don't know what his price would've been but it would've been worth it."

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 26, 2020, 11:18:24 PM
Noroi: The Curse - Found footage J-Horror movie.

The Blair Witch Project meet Paranormal Activity 3 & Hereditary without jump scares or super duper great acting. It feels real though, and the performance wasn't bad either. There was tension since it is a slow burn horror tale. Plus, the story is multifaceted in themes despite my previous comparisons. In fact, perhaps the last two American horror movies I brought to the table were influenced by this 2005 flick.

I think he and Ari Aster have figured out that the scariest people coming after you are naked ones.

https://i.imgur.com/zK3dQAc.gif

Glad we agree!  :laugh:

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2020, 08:40:47 AM

Si! It's up there for me in terms of horror movies. It has some The Blair Witch Project vibes. AnyaTaylor-Joy is also becoming a favorite of mine.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PredBabe on Mar 27, 2020, 11:23:20 AM

Si! It's up there for me in terms of horror movies. It has some The Blair Witch Project vibes. AnyaTaylor-Joy is also becoming a favorite of mine.

I as well!  Anya won me over in Split, and I've been her fan ever since. I hope the rumors are true that she will be starring as the new Furiousa!

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2020, 11:31:40 AM

I as well!  Anya won me over in Split, and I've been her fan ever since. I hope the rumors are true that she will be starring as the new Furiousa!

Same, she was great in Split. And that would be awesome if that is true! She fits the bill for a Mad Max movie.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PredBabe on Mar 27, 2020, 11:33:26 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 27, 2020, 11:31:40 AM

Same, she was great in Split. And that would be awesome if that is true!

Yep! Glass came on the other day and she was also great in that. Maybe one day the New Mutants will come out and she'll be great in that too.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed