Dark Horse Comics Announces Predator: The Original Screenplay Comic Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 19, 2020, 05:49:00 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Predator: The Original Screenplay Comic Series! (Read 14,249 times)

Corporal Hicks

Following on from their adaptation of William Gibson’s original Alien 3 script (check out our podcast review here), and their upcoming adaptation of Dan O’Bannon’s first draft of Alien, Dark Horse Comics are now turning their sights on Predator and adapting Jim and John Thomas’ original Hunters draft of Predator!

“There's excitement in seeing what might have been. The bones of Predator are there, but the original idea was so different and in some ways, much deeper than what the movie became — and we lean hard into those differences. Turn all of that over to a pair of dynamic artists like Patrick Blain and Andy Owens, and the results are spectacular. Predator fans are going to lose their minds!”

Aliens vs. Predator: Thicker Than Blood scribe Jeremy Barlow will also be penning the five issue adaptation, and is joined by Patrick Blain and Andy Owens for the art, both of whom are new talent to the Alien and Predator franchises.

Judging from the cover art, this take on the Predator will not be using Steve Johnson’s previous Predator design but a completely new take on the creatures. The first issue is due to hit shelves on the 10th of June! You can also check out the Hunter script in our downloads section!

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator comic and novel news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Voodoo Magic

JokersWarPig

I was actually wondering if they'd be doing this considering the Alien ones.

Immortan Jonesy

Corporal Hicks

I think it's kinda surprising to do this without using Johnson's old design, but that was done for Predator as we knew it, not Hunter.

Immortan Jonesy

Is this going to include the idea of ​​an intergalactic hunting club? All that of a space bus with alien hunters of all races making a stop on Earth to leave the Predator  ???

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 19, 2020, 06:01:23 PM
I think it's kinda surprising to do this without using Johnson's old design, but that was done for Predator as we knew it, not Hunter.

Still pretty exciting  8)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 19, 2020, 06:07:51 PM
Is this going to include the idea of ​​an intergalactic hunting club? All that of a space bus with alien hunters of all races making a stop on Earth to leave the Predator  ???

I can't remember if that was in Hunters or not. Gonna have to have a re-read later.

Russ840

Holy shit.

So F-img awesome. I'll be going through that script later. 

Voodoo Magic

Although I'm actively always researching to be strictly a complete Predator 2 historian rather than Predator, I do not believe the hunting party ever made it into a completed script draft. However, we should see the Predator's ship in the jungle this time though!  :)

Avp Thicker than Blood
Predator Hunters III
Predator Hunting Grounds
Predator Stalking Shadows
Predator The Original Screenplay

Wow, what a stretch of months. We're just rolling in Predator content!

Perfect-Organism

Oh that's hilarious!  My hat's off to Dark Horse on being creative.

SiL

Ooh, this is going to be interesting. More commandos and 100% more scenes of people almost falling off cliffs.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 19, 2020, 06:09:58 PM

I can't remember if that was in Hunters or not. Gonna have to have a re-read later.

Really? cos I dig the idea.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 19, 2020, 06:45:26 PM
Although I'm actively always researching to be strictly a complete Predator 2 historian rather than Predator, I do not believe the hunting party ever made it into a completed script draft. However, we should see the Predator's ship in the jungle this time though!  :)

Thanks for answering. I wish it had ended in the script though  :laugh: 

The Old One

The Old One

Gremlins?  :o

acrediblesource

Honestly, if they really wanted my attention they would at least reveal who the cover artist is. Considering that the internal art is done by unseasoned artists. The front cover sold this news, but ultimately we will have to see how the internal art turns out.  :-

Katanu

Wow, this is really interesting! Was not expecting something like this at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed