Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more)

Started by ikarop, Apr 04, 2012, 08:56:36 AM

Author
Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more) (Read 70,660 times)

SuperM

Quote from: stemot on Apr 04, 2012, 10:54:36 PM
That Alien AI looks seriously bad, it just runs straight for the player after it's scripted entrance. Didn't hold much hope for this anyway (Gearbox seem intent on f*cking the canon) but now it's just looking as bad as that other video that was supposed to be a "work in progress". At least AvP 2010 nailed the aliens AI.

looooooool

Xeno Killer 2179

It's definitely rough, but that's to be expected. Seeing as this fanbase, myself included, is the kind that likes to tear the devs new assholes if they don't nail all of our expectations, it makes sense it took them this long to show us what they have so far.

My only complaints are the sounds (weapons), the animations, xeno model, size, and again, the xeno blood. The first two things can be easily fixed, and the last three I can live with.

I haven't seen enough of the gameplay or AI to say if I like it. It looks way too fast paced, and a little generic at first glance.

I loved the lighting system and graphics.

szkoki

ai bad
sounds bad
songs bad

....i havent got the aliens feeling

newbeing

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Apr 05, 2012, 12:03:39 AM
It's definitely rough, but that's to be expected. Seeing as this fanbase, myself included, is the kind that likes to tear the devs new assholes if they don't nail all of our expectations, it makes sense it took them this long to show us what they have so far.

My only complaints are the sounds (weapons), the animations, xeno model, size, and again, the xeno blood. The first two things can be easily fixed, and the last three I can live with.

I haven't seen enough of the gameplay or AI to say if I like it. It looks way too fast paced, and a little generic at first glance.

Haha agree with you on all this stuff.

It's a little hard to gauge things when your looking at the game in little snippets.

The competitive multiplayer is pretty obviously rough, which isn't a totally bad thing in my mind. Probably better show people how its going now so we can get the bitching out of the way now and get some stuff fixed.

I have my qualms with some of the stuff I've seen and heard, but I'm going to hold my thoughts until after this weekend.

DemonicD13

Does anyone else want to see them toss in predators to the multiplayer just for fun and diversity?

scm

Only watched multiplayer but the game overall seems underwhelming, hopefully itll be better but it just looks so boring. And those animations are just terrible, I really want to like this game but I feel like it will just be a disappointment.

And no to the above post

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: DemonicD13 on Apr 05, 2012, 12:19:16 AM
Does anyone else want to see them toss in predators to the multiplayer just for fun and diversity?
Step out of the vehicle, sir.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 04, 2012, 10:48:22 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 04, 2012, 10:29:32 PM
Looks to shape up everything AvP2010 could've/should've/would've been if Rebellion wasn't pressed to get it out the door that soon...

I'm sorry but it looks exactly like AVP2010 in a way:
-Can't interrupt "Trophy Kill" same in A:CM when an Alien grabs you, you can fire as much as you want but it won't die (so worse than AVP2010) and it won't stop the animation or just make the marine die by Acid.
-Smartgun through walls. Everyone was raging about it in AVP2010 but here in A:CM it seems fine to anyone. LOL?
-Grenades seems even weaker just like AVP2. So so so bad, inaccurate to movie and real life and just useless.
-Give a counter to an Alien so it stun it. LOL?
-Action packed attack instead of strategy according to MP demo (and that's pretty much the way I see the community play this game when it comes out).

Plus
-I haven't seen a marine crouch yet. I really hope we can otherwise it's going to be **********
-I hope we can swim and climb ladder and it ain't only in the campaign cos one stairs level are just so boring.

It is going to be better than AVP2010, no doubt.
But it won't be the so predicted and awaited game the oracle gave us as promise.
ChrisF on the Gearbox forums confirmed that the "Trophy kill" system can in fact be interrupted, you just have to be fast.

Chris!(($$))!

The recent uploads of the game look much better than what we saw at E3 which means the game IS progressing.
The graphics look more polished and are pretty good if you ask me.
The gameplay seems very smooth.
Animations and AI need some work though, especially Xeno AI and Animations.

Razz

Quote from: DemonicD13 on Apr 05, 2012, 12:19:16 AM
No thanks!

chupacabras acheronsis

i'm not too into the graphics. there's way too many lights but everything is still dark as shit. makes the eyes hurt. and while i do know that Cameron loves his Silvering and this is trying to be movie accurate, the washed out color is a bit overdone. at points i can't tell if certain objects have textures or not.

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: newbeing on Apr 05, 2012, 12:12:37 AM
Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Apr 05, 2012, 12:03:39 AM

Haha agree with you on all this stuff.

It's a little hard to gauge things when your looking at the game in little snippets.

The competitive multiplayer is pretty obviously rough, which isn't a totally bad thing in my mind. Probably better show people how its going now so we can get the bitching out of the way now and get some stuff fixed.

I have my qualms with some of the stuff I've seen and heard, but I'm going to hold my thoughts until after this weekend.

the human side of it is great the level design is flawless the bit of where you have to crawl up the boarding area that relays the sulacco and the other warship was so well done graphics and everything- so epic,
i know its in its infancy but its concerning to see it like this (you know i mean the aliens movement) zero fluidity
the sounds and everything are exactly from avp 2010 even a few from resurrection and avp #@$%%# :# so im guessing all this will be critiqued

and F*** me the score is awful
like b movie grade cheeseness :{
hope this was like a test to see how music fits into gameplay cause that was just pathetic

Prime113

I believe in one of the interviews, they say most of the audio is just stand in. So, they will most likely go back and do a lot of over/officially.

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 05, 2012, 01:35:17 AM
I believe in one of the interviews, they say most of the audio is just stand in. So, they will most likely go back and do a lot of over/officially.

they obviously are fixin the hell out of it because they removed the fins on the tail :D

Prime113

Ahhh, there ya go, than. They will most likely fix the audio problems.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed