Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more)

Started by ikarop, Apr 04, 2012, 08:56:36 AM

Author
Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more) (Read 69,540 times)

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 04, 2012, 08:02:56 PM
Quote from: newbeing on Apr 04, 2012, 07:52:41 PM
Just look at Skyrim's backwards flying dragons, Mass Effect 3's face importation bug and AvPs poor balancing on consoles.
Both games sold great. Fallout 3 was a buggy mess at its release but it sold well too. And now it can be played perfectly. As I said - bugs and polishing can be fixed with a few patches. But you can't bring back the lost fans. AvP 2010 is greatly playable now but do this increased the already lost player base? Exactly - no, it didn't.

The best time frame for ACM release is a few months after Prometheus. There is no point of delaying the game for 2013. Let's say I got over with the spring '12 delay, but delayed until 2013 is too much.

AvP 2010 lost players because the matchmaking and balancing was broken on release. Yeah they patched it out on PC, but patching on PCs is free. It cost the publishers $10,000 per patch per SKU, which is why Sega didn't bother with the consoles after a few patches. So yeah while it wasn't a massive game breaking bug it was probably one of the reasons why the player count in AvP sharply declined.

Patching games isn't so simple either as my point with the backwards flying dragons in skrym PS3, which were I believe caused by a previous patch. Also factor in that not everyone has the ability to get online and patch stuff in.

Either way I think we can all agree Delays suck, but sometimes things are delayed for a reason. And like Le Celticant said prior delays could have been due to Sega's money troubles. A developer isn't going to work on a game if they can't get paid. We're kind of speculating anyway. It could very well make its 2012 release, but as I've said the only release day I trust is the day where I have the game in my hand.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Is this really push back until next year? I'm getting so sick of waiting since we knew about this game since 2006! That was six f**king years ago! By 2013 it will be seven years since we knew about this game and I really have been waiting for a new game to play with my friends for a long time now with AVP being dead for over a year.

newbeing

Nothing official yet. Sega's site still says fall 2012, but again that could change, but I feel like there has been a lot of goings on in the past few months with the voices for the game being recorded and Kevin Reipl tweeting that he's getting the orchestra ready to record the soundtrack. So things are moving. I can only imagine how much crunch Gearbox is doing now.

Nero the Jackal

To be honest i don't mind the delays, its better to wait long for a well polished and patched game than get a rushed buggy, glitch-filled one sooner.

szkoki

So cool, im so happy to see these images, footages its just AWE...no its not, just kidding starting to be unpatient.

dallevalle

Predaker

Quote from: escroto on Apr 04, 2012, 07:31:02 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 04, 2012, 06:41:47 PMYou keep saying this, as if repeating it over and over will somehow make it true. :D
Look, this is an alien warrior. Have you ever seen one before?:
http://i39.tinypic.com/w7kfau.jpgSeven foot only eh?, ROFL

And look, this is the first alie,. Did you know about It
http://i44.tinypic.com/2hycg0j.jpgNote that in this pic the alien still isn't standing up completely, so imagine the size (like If that wasn't more that 7 feet already). Btw, compare It now with this new.., stalker was It?, yeah, they nailed the size again right?, please..., lol

Quote from: Razz on Apr 04, 2012, 06:47:03 PMYeah that has killed it for me, I've waited so long for this. Why announce a Fall 2012 release time frame if they know they aren't going to make it?  ???  :-\

FFS!
The game might still come out later this year. Sega rushed avp2010 before and is right now running into a lot of trouble (they have reported losses already for this year); it wouldn't surprise me they force GB to release another unfinished game like they did with Rebellion.

Anyway, the MP doesn't impress me too much. Let's wait and see what GB can deliver in the retail. Still some work to do, specially on those dwarf aliens.
Those pictures compared to what I saw in the video game look pretty identical, as far as height comparisons go. I think that seeing the aliens run around on all fours reduces their height, obviously, but smaller targets are harder to hit. At least they aren't ankle biters!  :D Seriously though, the height is fine.

The pulse rifle sound needs more work, but I am sure they are playing around with different sounds to find the one that fits best.

Did anyone else notice the alien blood? It looks so much better now compared to the E3 2011 demo.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Apr 04, 2012, 08:38:23 PM
Is this really push back until next year? I'm getting so sick of waiting since we knew about this game since 2006! That was six f**king years ago! By 2013 it will be seven years since we knew about this game and I really have been waiting for a new game to play with my friends for a long time now with AVP being dead for over a year.

A game is only delayed if it is ready and finished.
It is not the case.

I re-write in an other manner what I should have make clear in first place (this is speculation, but I think to be wise enough to say "a part of the problem is due to the following thing"):

SEGA pay GEARBOX to develop, I'm sure nobody has problem to understand this.
[1] You pay a company one time and they hire / put to work hundreds of people to make a one year development with a deadline.
OR
[2] You pay month by month a company depending on your income if you don't have the money now.

SEGA has problem with income.
We know it better than anyone since an Alien RPG got canceled due to the economic crysis.
Plus SEGA announced they were canceling others game to focus on less this year.

I presume they use the way [2] with Gearbox which also explain why in many interviews it is referred to "a small team" working on Colonial Marines.
This guys are paid monthly. To pay them monthly you need to give them money.
I hardly see way [1] works because there would have money to pay for a full year and a bit more a crew of hundreds of people.

Now let's take the developer & Publisher side.
SEGA says: "Next 6 months I'm going to give ten time the money I gave you for this 6 months" which means they could hire a hundred of people this 6 months which will boost the speed of development.
Gearbox tell SEGA "then we won't took 1 year to develop it but 6 months".
PROBLEM, SEGA doesn't make good sales the last 6 months and are forced to pay several developers and ALIENS ain't their priority.
So they give the money to Gearbox to hire 20 men for the next 6 months and the statement saying "it'll be finished this year" becomes instantly FALSE.

At least I don't see how it could be otherwise.

ikarop

Just added the screenshots and concept art (in the best quality available and with no watermarks) which we received from Sega. It includes their original filenames for those interested.

skull-splitter

Looks to shape up everything AvP2010 could've/should've/would've been if Rebellion wasn't pressed to get it out the door that soon...

The Runner

Not bad. Some things need fixing. The gun sounds and alien noises, the xenos sound like strangled raptors.

And for the person who said they saw a Praetorian, where did you see it?

shadowedge

THIS LOOKS AMAZING! I am more excited then ever now!

Le Celticant

Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 04, 2012, 10:29:32 PM
Looks to shape up everything AvP2010 could've/should've/would've been if Rebellion wasn't pressed to get it out the door that soon...

I'm sorry but it looks exactly like AVP2010 in a way:
-Can't interrupt "Trophy Kill" same in A:CM when an Alien grabs you, you can fire as much as you want but it won't die (so worse than AVP2010) and it won't stop the animation or just make the marine die by Acid.
-Smartgun through walls. Everyone was raging about it in AVP2010 but here in A:CM it seems fine to anyone. LOL?
-Grenades seems even weaker just like AVP2. So so so bad, inaccurate to movie and real life and just useless.
-Give a counter to an Alien so it stun it. LOL?
-Action packed attack instead of strategy according to MP demo (and that's pretty much the way I see the community play this game when it comes out).

Plus
-I haven't seen a marine crouch yet. I really hope we can otherwise it's going to be **********
-I hope we can swim and climb ladder and it ain't only in the campaign cos one stairs level are just so boring.

It is going to be better than AVP2010, no doubt.
But it won't be the so predicted and awaited game the oracle gave us as promise.

Prime113

According to this video:  http://www.gamespot.com/aliens-colonial-marines-2012/videos/aliens-colonial-marines-wants-to-scare-the-piss-out-of-you-6369892/ 

It has not been delayed, and the actual release date will be announced soon....Atleast, that's what Randy Pitchford said.

stemot

That Alien AI looks seriously bad, it just runs straight for the player after it's scripted entrance. Didn't hold much hope for this anyway (Gearbox seem intent on f*cking the canon) but now it's just looking as bad as that other video that was supposed to be a "work in progress". At least AvP 2010 nailed the aliens AI.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed