Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more)

Started by ikarop, Apr 04, 2012, 08:56:36 AM

Author
Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more) (Read 69,545 times)

aliens13

Awesome!! I can't wait!

Prime113

Quote from: Razz on Apr 04, 2012, 06:47:03 PM
Quote from: Ultragamer6 on Apr 04, 2012, 05:52:29 PM
That GameSpy Preview reckons 2013 release date  :(

Quote:
"I personally can't imagine Colonial Marines making it out this year -- as Pitchford points out, Fall is already looking pretty crowded, and Gearbox itself has given Borderlands 2 a hard date of September 18th. And considering Colonial Marines is in a "pre-pre-alpha state" today, I'd imagine Colonial Marines might more realistically come out in March of 2013, well clear of the holiday competition from the Halos and Call of Duties. And if it gets just a few more months of polish out of the deal, so be it."

I seriously can't wait another year it's been so long already
Yeah that has killed it for me, I've waited so long for this. Why announce a Fall 2012 release time frame if they know they aren't going to make it?  ???  :-\

FFS!

Woooooow, are you shitting me? God damnit.

escroto

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 04, 2012, 06:41:47 PMYou keep saying this, as if repeating it over and over will somehow make it true. :D
Look, this is an alien warrior. Have you ever seen one before?:
Seven foot only eh?, ROFL

And look, this is the first alie,. Did you know about It
Note that in this pic the alien still isn't standing up completely, so imagine the size (like If that wasn't more that 7 feet already). Btw, compare It now with this new.., stalker was It?, yeah, they nailed the size again right?, please..., lol

Quote from: Razz on Apr 04, 2012, 06:47:03 PMYeah that has killed it for me, I've waited so long for this. Why announce a Fall 2012 release time frame if they know they aren't going to make it?  ???  :-\

FFS!
The game might still come out later this year. Sega rushed avp2010 before and is right now running into a lot of trouble (they have reported losses already for this year); it wouldn't surprise me they force GB to release another unfinished game like they did with Rebellion.

Anyway, the MP doesn't impress me too much. Let's wait and see what GB can deliver in the retail. Still some work to do, specially on those dwarf aliens.

newbeing

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 04, 2012, 06:46:02 PM
Newbeing, you should say this to the guy who was planing to play the game with his deadly sick friend who even didn't make it to the release so they will never be able to play the game together. There is no such thing as healthy delay. Broken game can be patched you know ;)

I did say that to him because that's a really stupid, crazy and frankly childish argument. If developers rushed to make a game because people die, no game would ever be released. That's like saying Prometheus should come out RIGHT NOW because any one of us could die any second. There are much more sensible arguments against long developments.

Prime113

I don't think 5 delays is healthy.

newbeing

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 04, 2012, 07:44:57 PM

Releasing a unfinished or unpolished project with the plans to patch it isn't either. Just look at Skyrim's backwards flying dragons, Mass Effect 3's face importation bug and AvPs poor balancing on consoles.

chupacabras acheronsis

they really shouldn't have anounced either this or last one's delay. at least they could use this time to create a decent marketing scheme. Prometheus had viral, they could try jumping into this imaginary game too.

Prime113

Quote from: newbeing on Apr 04, 2012, 07:52:41 PM

Releasing a unfinished or unpolished project with the plans to patch it isn't either. Just look at Skyrim's backwards flying dragons, Mass Effect 3's face importation bug and AvPs poor balancing on consoles.

There has always been glitches in games. And you think "Backward Flying Dragons" ruined Skyrim? Won Game of the year. Same thing with ME3.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Great to see some new info again for once. This was awesome preview and I guess that very big xenomorph is a praetorian?

newbeing

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 04, 2012, 07:54:06 PM
they really shouldn't have anounced either this or last one's delay. at least they could use this time to create a decent marketing scheme. Prometheus had viral, they could try jumping into this imaginary game too.

I agree with this. They probably should have waited until the game was in a solid state before placing any release schedule on it. Similar to the "It's done when its done" stance valve took on Half-Life 2 and what appears to be there stance on Half-Life 3.

I can understand frustration with delays, but I guess it just don't bother me so much anymore. I'm just glad to see the ball rolling and to be finally hearing something about the game.

WinterActual

Just look at Skyrim's backwards flying dragons, Mass Effect 3's face importation bug and AvPs poor balancing on consoles.
Both games sold great. Fallout 3 was a buggy mess at its release but it sold well too. And now it can be played perfectly. As I said - bugs and polishing can be fixed with a few patches. But you can't bring back the lost fans. AvP 2010 is greatly playable now but do this increased the already lost player base? Exactly - no, it didn't.

The best time frame for ACM release is a few months after Prometheus. There is no point of delaying the game for 2013. Let's say I got over with the spring '12 delay, but delayed until 2013 is too much.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

If the game was delayed, it is not because they want it as polished as possible.
Don't be naive  ::)
SEGA had problem with economy and all this crazy crysis.
This is why they intentionally canceled the Alien RPG.
If you don't pay a developer, they don't work on it.

So I'm guessing instead of "rushing" which is not that simple by the way, the game by putting 200 people on it working at the same time they favored a team of 20 - 50 developers to work on a largest amount of time while SEGA made income which could pay Gearbox.

Problems aren't unilateral and easy. Think of it.

---------------------------------------------

about this Alien size...
I'd rather an awesome gameplay than a total realistic Alien accurate.
Problem is both are lacking from the preview.

AVP2 was a good game and Map / skins / mods allowed the game lifespan to endure ten years even with server modification down. And all of this turned the game from Good (because of its action gameplay orientated) to awesome because everyone could find its tastes with whatever modifications and other extra.
And You all know that AVP2 had the most horrible lighting system, low polygon count, bad engine, wrong sized alien / predator and yet it didn't stop player to play it.

It's like bitch*n because in Left 4 Dead zombie hits you with their hands rather than eating you and so instant kill you.

Gameplay is above everything because that's what makes you play.

Razz

Razz

I don't have a problem with delays as long as it benefits the game in development, what I (and I'm sure other people here aswell) do have a problem with is delaying it then giving it a rough estimate on when it is coming out (fall 2012) and now throw in another delay. I much rather they didn't announce a fall 2012 estimate in the first place just for sake of damage control from missing the spring 2012 estimate They should of just stick to their guns and not say a word until they were very confident they could get it out at a certain point and then give out a date. Its just infuriating and frustrating. :-\

Prime113

Quote from: Razz on Apr 04, 2012, 08:17:23 PM

I don't have a problem with delays as long as it benefits the game in development, what I (and I'm sure other people here aswell) do have a problem with is delaying it then giving it a rough estimate on when it is coming out (fall 2012) and now throw in another delay. I much rather they didn't announce a fall 2012 estimate and they just stick to their guns and not say a word until they were very confident they could get it out at a certain point and then give out a date. Its just infuriating and frustrating. :-\

^This. Its not necessarily that the game is coming out later than I hoped. Its just the constant "Ok, this is the release date - Ohp nevermind, its coming in fall - Ohp, nevermind again, it'll be sometime in 2013."

I would much rather have them say "Its finished when its finished".

Aliendonut

Aliendonut

Not sure if this video was posted. Some new game play footage in this one. It's in German.
Stay frosty people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XgLs9Fr5XY#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed