Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more)

Started by ikarop, Apr 04, 2012, 08:56:36 AM

Author
Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more) (Read 70,373 times)

scarhunter92

Looks great. I just hope it has lasting replay value.

escroto

escroto

Quote from: RagingDragon on Apr 04, 2012, 03:44:11 PMThey nailed the height perfectly, imo.  Any taller would look ridiculous
ROFLMAO :D, no comments to this.

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Apr 04, 2012, 03:48:17 PMWell the size didn't bother me, just their stance and legs which were for the same as dog alien, clone aliens and avp aliens instead of the original human-spawned ones found in alien and aliens which had a humanoid stance but their size if i recall was supposed to be 8ft for the warriors not 7ft.
they are 8 foot tall (they were, when the aliens were aliens, not lolaliens like they are now). What you say about which is the second big problem is just the straw that broke the camel's back when It comes to make them look even smaller. Like you very well said, they have already a quadruped alien, the runner, and still make the human born aliens to go on their four all the time, making them to look like dwarves when they are on a distance.

I agree with you 100% there. Have you seen when they stand up in front of you in that gameplay (and in the older gameplay too of course)?, they look even smaller than you, way way smaller than you, a marine.

RagingDragon

I can see the balance reasons, especially because it looks like the Aliens can kill marines in less than a second up-close.  A stamina thing that prevents multiple swings like L4D would be a possible solution.

I read in one of the interviews, maybe from Pitchford, that he said the game was technically still in pre-alpha?  They're also quite unsteady with their talk of release dates, but at this point I'm all for waiting longer as long as they continue to improve and polish the game.

It sucks having so many great games rushed out the door.  Nice to see a company take it's time, even though the circumstances are quite volatile with this particular title.  It's so hard to wait, but as long as the end product is a better game, most people would probably prefer that.

chupacabras acheronsis

Predaker

Towards the end of the interview with Brian Burleson, he mentions that they listen to fan feedback from every time they release screenshots or videos, and that the feedback is important to them because they want to get it right.  :)

So if they are reading this, keep up the good work! The game still needs work but I am very pleased with the progress.  ;D

WinterActual

Status report on the E Grabbing thing. ChrisF responded to my question about it in gbx forums

QuoteOriginally Posted by CorporalHicks View Post
Hey Chris can you tell us if in the latest build this alien pounce on marine grab is interruptible? I though you guys realized from AvP 2010 that instant kill grab which can't be interrupted is not good decision :/ It will be WAY BETTER if we can be able to help our fellow marine being eaten alive.

Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
It's not an instant kill. Your teammates have a chance to knock off a Xeno in that situation, but they have to act fast.

:) Hell yeah guys!

Ultragamer6

That GameSpy Preview reckons 2013 release date  :(

Quote:
"I personally can't imagine Colonial Marines making it out this year -- as Pitchford points out, Fall is already looking pretty crowded, and Gearbox itself has given Borderlands 2 a hard date of September 18th. And considering Colonial Marines is in a "pre-pre-alpha state" today, I'd imagine Colonial Marines might more realistically come out in March of 2013, well clear of the holiday competition from the Halos and Call of Duties. And if it gets just a few more months of polish out of the deal, so be it."

I seriously can't wait another year it's been so long already

WinterActual

RagingDragon

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 04, 2012, 05:30:46 PM
SLOOOOOOOOOW
I just watched the campaign video, had only been watching the competitive multiplayer over and over. :laugh:  Is that what you're talking about?

The xenos did seem pretty slow during the campaign.  Wish they were a little faster.

Predaker

Marine A: "Kill me now..."

Marine B: "Okay."
              *ignites blow torch*

Marine A: "Not like that!"

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 04, 2012, 05:54:04 PM
No one can.

At this point I'm pretty sure a lot of people can deal with a longer wait. It's already a bit of joke with al the delays, but if the game is good no is really going to care all that much and if it means it will help it sell better I can understand.

Might have been posted already, but here are the singleplayer bits without someone talking over them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n77evJ0YXZY#ws

Xenomrph

Quote from: escroto on Apr 04, 2012, 05:02:12 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Apr 04, 2012, 03:44:11 PMThey nailed the height perfectly, imo.  Any taller would look ridiculous
ROFLMAO :D, no comments to this.

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Apr 04, 2012, 03:48:17 PMWell the size didn't bother me, just their stance and legs which were for the same as dog alien, clone aliens and avp aliens instead of the original human-spawned ones found in alien and aliens which had a humanoid stance but their size if i recall was supposed to be 8ft for the warriors not 7ft.
they are 8 foot tall (they were, when the aliens were aliens, not lolaliens like they are now).
You keep saying this, as if repeating it over and over will somehow make it true. :D

WinterActual

Newbeing, you should say this to the guy who was planing to play the game with his deadly sick friend who even didn't make it to the release so they will never be able to play the game together. There is no such thing as healthy delay. Broken game can be patched you know ;)

Razz

Quote from: Ultragamer6 on Apr 04, 2012, 05:52:29 PM
That GameSpy Preview reckons 2013 release date  :(

Quote:
"I personally can't imagine Colonial Marines making it out this year -- as Pitchford points out, Fall is already looking pretty crowded, and Gearbox itself has given Borderlands 2 a hard date of September 18th. And considering Colonial Marines is in a "pre-pre-alpha state" today, I'd imagine Colonial Marines might more realistically come out in March of 2013, well clear of the holiday competition from the Halos and Call of Duties. And if it gets just a few more months of polish out of the deal, so be it."

I seriously can't wait another year it's been so long already
Yeah that has killed it for me, I've waited so long for this. Why announce a Fall 2012 release time frame if they know they aren't going to make it?  ???  :-\

FFS!

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: RagingDragon on Apr 04, 2012, 05:57:25 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 04, 2012, 05:30:46 PM
SLOOOOOOOOOW
I just watched the campaign video, had only been watching the competitive multiplayer over and over. :laugh:  Is that what you're talking about?

The xenos did seem pretty slow during the campaign.  Wish they were a little faster.

xenos are okay, but the marines feel like they got their shoelaces tied. seriously, the sprint speed was at best a tad slower than the running speed in avp2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed