Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more)

Started by ikarop, Apr 04, 2012, 08:56:36 AM

Author
Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more) (Read 70,409 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

They said it was still pre-pre-alpha stage, and animations were one thing they still really needed to work on.  Shouldn't be a deal by release.

This line made me almost faint, from the IGN article:

Quote"So, The Derelict," says Gearbox President Randy Pitchford, "that's a cool environment." He's speaking to IGN about multiplayer maps for Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Multiplayer modes on The Derelict map. So. Bloody. Awesome.  After Prometheus, playing CM in the Derelict is going to be just...

My body is ready.

Edit - Evac mode is pretty much confirmed in that article as well.  Hnng.  Right here:

Quote"Or, we've got to get from A to B and everything in between is trying to kill us," he says, summarizing the source material succinctly.

Prime113

f**k yea, man! Watch Prometheus, then play a few matches in the Derelict map...\m/

WinterActual

I found something interesting. Borderlands 2 shotgun pump animations are the same as the ones in ACM. The idle gun animation while moving too  ;)

Berserker Pred

This game looks good and I'm really looking forward to it but still I'm not overwhelmed. The pulse rifle sounds a little weird to me, but I'm fine with that. It's good to see that there are multiple alien types you can play as and iron sights on the pulse rifle.  I hope there are more alien classes as well and i cant wait to see some alien gameplay! Also i think its great they have added 3rd person to the aliens.

Redleader

Looks good! 

Left for Dead mulitplayer type?

I am ready to go.

Predaker

Quote from: escroto on Apr 04, 2012, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Apr 04, 2012, 02:59:46 PM
The aliens themselves look much better than the ones in the avp 2010 game but sadly, they still walk on all fours despite being human-spawned and their legs are dog-alien like instead of humanoid, this is what they looked like in the movie aliens.http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYWlQAWLWUwrtgI3J-sjfz1uvmduPOeaPOvFKM3rEWmFs32-hsVQ
and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/plasticfetish/3653200392/#in/photostream/
but as long as the game's story and gameplay are brilliant then i am ok with it. Though i still like to know how the hell is the complex still standing.
yeah that's killing me too. I though GB was gonna respect the old classic alien warrior too, and well..., you said everything already, and I add to your post how pathetically small the aliens are. It is really sad GB (like evrybody before them) sacrifice the imposing size of the human born alien just in the name of the balance, which is completely retarded because the aliens could be as huge as they always were (in the past) and still be deadly. Also, the one that is supposed to be the Giger's alien being even smaller and weaker (this mini-alien stalker)..., well, fail.

The game is looking nice, but those incredibly small aliens are a huge let down once more, to the point It affects very seriously the scary/imposing factor of, not only the aliens but the overall game.

The alien warriors look at least 7 ft. tall to me! How big should they be? I think they look pretty cool.

alanwu1233

I hope it's just a beta cuz it looks messy.
The A.I. and the animations of the aliens are retarded.
The gunfire sounds like shit.
You can't kill the xeno while they're in the middle of an animation and that sucks.
It looks nothing like the developers promised us before, I hope they can work harder cuz this is definitely a game breaker in my eyes.

RagingDragon

Yeah god the size thing again, please. ::)  What a dumb thing to nitpick.  They nailed the height perfectly, imo.  Any taller would look ridiculous, like Praetorian sized warriors running around the level.

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 04, 2012, 03:41:29 PM
Quote from: escroto on Apr 04, 2012, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Apr 04, 2012, 02:59:46 PM
The aliens themselves look much better than the ones in the avp 2010 game but sadly, they still walk on all fours despite being human-spawned and their legs are dog-alien like instead of humanoid, this is what they looked like in the movie aliens.http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYWlQAWLWUwrtgI3J-sjfz1uvmduPOeaPOvFKM3rEWmFs32-hsVQ
and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/plasticfetish/3653200392/#in/photostream/
but as long as the game's story and gameplay are brilliant then i am ok with it. Though i still like to know how the hell is the complex still standing.
yeah that's killing me too. I though GB was gonna respect the old classic alien warrior too, and well..., you said everything already, and I add to your post how pathetically small the aliens are. It is really sad GB (like evrybody before them) sacrifice the imposing size of the human born alien just in the name of the balance, which is completely retarded because the aliens could be as huge as they always were (in the past) and still be deadly. Also, the one that is supposed to be the Giger's alien being even smaller and weaker (this mini-alien stalker)..., well, fail.

The game is looking nice, but those incredibly small aliens are a huge let down once more, to the point It affects very seriously the scary/imposing factor of, not only the aliens but the overall game.

The alien warriors look at least 7 ft. tall to me! How big should they be? I think they look pretty cool.

Well the size didn't bother me, just their stance and legs which were for the same as dog alien, clone aliens and avp aliens instead of the original human-spawned ones found in alien and aliens which had a humanoid stance but their size if i recall was supposed to be 8ft for the warriors not 7ft.

Ultragamer6

I JUST f**kING CAME!!!!! 6 years of build up I just couldn't hold it :o

Prime113

That must have been a pretty big load, UG6.  :laugh:

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 04, 2012, 03:27:54 PM
I found something interesting. Borderlands 2 shotgun pump animations are the same as the ones in ACM. The idle gun animation while moving too  ;)

Now that you mentioned it, yeah, they do look similar.

Lone Warrior

Some really interesting information a lot of which clears up some questions we had already. Although there's a few issues overall with it that I seemed to find.

1)Aliens can't be killed during the special kill animations where they're mauling marines or whatever. That sucks flat-out. You should be able to save your buddies before they're killed.

2) Sounds. While some were spot on, the gunfire and Alien screams in particular I thought were pretty bad. Gunfire sounded fairly weak in areas, and Alien screams somewhat silly at times.

3)Animations for Aliens. No elaboration needed I guess, from what other people have said.

4)I saw a lot of dark areas in the MP level, but didn't see any flashlights being used by marines? (Might have missed it).

Overall, it was good, but like stated in the video comments section it seemed like a chore to play. The whole kill animation for Aliens against Marines seemed in particular to crap things up a bit. At the very least it should be changed to allow the player to stop it, whether by going over and pushing the Alien off his buddy, or by blasting it off, at a small cost of hp to the downed marine (Acid being dropped on the marine from dead Alien).

Just to note, I'm just pointing out the negative stuff I found in the hopes that some GBX employee might be reading this. There is a lot of good points I'm not mentioning like the correct Alien height, objective-based MP modes, graphics e.t.c.

Xenomrph

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again:

I never doubted you, Gearbox. ;D

RagingDragon

Quote from: Lone Warrior on Apr 04, 2012, 04:18:45 PM
Some really interesting information a lot of which clears up some questions we had already. Although there's a few issues overall with it that I seemed to find.

1)Aliens can't be killed during the special kill animations where they're mauling marines or whatever. That sucks flat-out. You should be able to save your buddies before they're killed.

2) Sounds. While some were spot on, the gunfire and Alien screams in particular I thought were pretty bad. Gunfire sounded fairly weak in areas, and Alien screams somewhat silly at times.

3)Animations for Aliens. No elaboration needed I guess, from what other people have said.

4)I saw a lot of dark areas in the MP level, but didn't see any flashlights being used by marines? (Might have missed it).

Overall, it was good, but like stated in the video comments section it seemed like a chore to play. The whole kill animation for Aliens against Marines seemed in particular to crap things up a bit. At the very least it should be changed to allow the player to stop it, whether by going over and pushing the Alien off his buddy, or by blasting it off, at a small cost of hp to the downed marine (Acid being dropped on the marine from dead Alien).

Just to note, I'm just pointing out the negative stuff I found in the hopes that some GBX employee might be reading this. There is a lot of good points I'm not mentioning like the correct Alien height, objective-based MP modes, graphics e.t.c.
I agree Lone Warrior, but I think most of this is due to the alpha stage of the game.  There were hardly any marines screaming when they were wounded or killed, and I'm sure they'll change that.

The kill animation for me is fine, though the Alien should be toast afterwards.  The way I see it, if you get pounced by an Alien, you should be dead no matter what happens.  Even if buddies shoot it off, you're taking an acid bath, and there would be no beating off of the alien, simply because they're too powerful, I think.

My one critique so far?  Get rid of that freaking buttstroke that stuns an Alien, Gearbox!  I don't want an unrealistic rifle-smash that can actually stun the most dangerous organism in the galaxy.  I mean they ram through plate steel with their heads and you can knock them silly with a little swipe from your gun?  Naw, man, don't make the AvP mistake. :laugh:

Lone Warrior

Quote from: RagingDragon on Apr 04, 2012, 04:38:52 PM
I agree Lone Warrior, but I think most of this is due to the alpha stage of the game.  There were hardly any marines screaming when they were wounded or killed, and I'm sure they'll change that.

The kill animation for me is fine, though the Alien should be toast afterwards.  The way I see it, if you get pounced by an Alien, you should be dead no matter what happens.  Even if buddies shoot it off, you're taking an acid bath, and there would be no beating off of the alien, simply because they're too powerful, I think.

My one critique so far?  Get rid of that freaking buttstroke that stuns an Alien, Gearbox!  I don't want an unrealistic rifle-smash that can actually stun the most dangerous organism in the galaxy.  I mean they ram through plate steel with their heads and you can knock them silly with a little swipe from your gun?  Naw, man, don't make the AvP mistake. :laugh:

I hope you're right about this being alpha stage. This game has a whole lot of potential, and with some simple adjustments it could make it even more awesome then it's already on the road to becoming.

About the melee that stuns an Alien, I'd imagine it's more for balance reasons more than anything. If an Alien can make mincemeat out of a Marine up close in seconds, it should only be fair to give the marine a chance to push it away quickly, similar again to the L4D style melee. Although if not implemented correctly it could spawn the same problem L4D had with it (spamming in a corner so enemies could never get near you). Perhaps a boot to the face of an Alien might be a suitable replacement to an elbow bash?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed