Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 827,996 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot (1992)
Ages since I saw this. Bit better than I remembered but still kinda average.

Fried Barry (2020)
Weird South African movie about aliens abduct a junkie, possess his body and take it for a spin in the human world.
Interesting concept, starts out well but the story and pacing ruined it for me.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Masque of the Red Death (1964)

Excellent little medieval horror story. I could maybe do without the obligatory trippy dream sequence that all of these Corman Poe movies seem to have, but otherwise it's great stuff.

Huggs

Huggs

All Is Lost

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on May 09, 2021, 09:16:42 PMIt was heavily influenced by HEAT. The opening scene was almost a carbon copy.

That was the most obvious homage, but the whole style and tone of the movie is basically just Heat but with bad cops shot with the modern look of The Town.

It was derivative as f**k, but still a lot of fun.

SM

SM

Quote from: kwisatz on May 06, 2021, 04:57:49 PM
Quote from: SM on May 05, 2021, 01:00:34 AM
My Neighbour Totoro

The only word that comes to mind is "delightful".
Think Satsuki and Mei might've found some shrooms through...

I always watch Totoro a day or two after I've watched Grave of Fireflies.

Otherwise I probably wouldn't be here anymore.

Been meaning to watch that. Tough going?

kwisatz

kwisatz

Been some time but I remember first time was pretty devastating.

Actually I feel like rewatching it myself.

Need to buy a new copy of Totoro first tho.   

SM

SM

Finally watched Judge Dredd again.

It's slightly better than I remember.  Still looks great.  Still have a problem with Stallone taking the helmet off, though he pretty much does a decent job of getting the character.  The "I knew you'd say that" running gag was dumb.  I've read a lot of Dredd comics and don't recall him ever saying that.

Fergie exists only for comic relief.  The comic relief isn't overly necessary, though having recently re-read a lot of old Dredd comics from the late 70s - early 80s there is a certain amount of camp, so the comedy isn't completely out of place either.  Lane is good as Hershey (the romantic angle was really out of place).  Von Sydow is just good in general.  The Angels are criminally underused to just be killed off.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I know it's heresy, but I still find that one a hell of a lot more fun than the Urban film. That's not to say it's in any way better, but it f**king entertains me.

Mile 22

I couldn't work out if this was supposed to be a black comedy or not - Mark Whalberg's character seemed to think it was, but everything else about the movie was serious drama. And I really wish Hollywood would stop hiring Asian martial arts superstars only to edit their fight scenes so incomprehensibly you can't see a damn thing they're doing. Still, credit where credit's due, you don't see many oorah American action flicks where
Spoiler
the villains actually win.
[close]

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990)
Long time since I watched this one. Only now I realised how crazy this flick actually is. But in a good way.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on May 10, 2021, 11:01:43 PM
Finally watched Judge Dredd again.

It's slightly better than I remember.  Still looks great.  Still have a problem with Stallone taking the helmet off, though he pretty much does a decent job of getting the character.  The "I knew you'd say that" running gag was dumb.  I've read a lot of Dredd comics and don't recall him ever saying that.

Fergie exists only for comic relief.  The comic relief isn't overly necessary, though having recently re-read a lot of old Dredd comics from the late 70s - early 80s there is a certain amount of camp, so the comedy isn't completely out of place either.  Lane is good as Hershey (the romantic angle was really out of place).  Von Sydow is just good in general.  The Angels are criminally underused to just be killed off.

Assante is off the chain in true over the top fashion too  ;D

SM

SM

Another thing I picked up this time was he and Stallone do actually kinda look alike in the face shape department.  I always wondered 'wait, these guys are meant to be identical clones?'

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Punisher (1989)

Bare ass meditating in the sewers /10

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 12, 2021, 01:46:58 AM
The Punisher (1989)

Bare ass meditating in the sewers /10

With a fragment being used in Biohazard's Punishment  8)

Huggs

Huggs

Midnight Run

"I'm not talkin' to you for the whole rest of this trip!"

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on May 12, 2021, 01:45:59 AM
Another thing I picked up this time was he and Stallone do actually kinda look alike in the face shape department.  I always wondered 'wait, these guys are meant to be identical clones?'

Yep. Armand Assante always seemed like a budget Al Pacino to me ... and I don't mean that in any disrespect to his acting chops but both actors have that same scary intensity about them but obviously Pacino is the heavyweight.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed