Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 638,451 times)

AtR

AtR

Face it guys, it was just randomly placed by movie directors so Alien 3 would make sense.( Continuation of the story).

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

yeah poor writting, and a little insulting to the viewer just assuming we wouldnt notice that it, you know, didnt really make sense.

Im still pullin for emergency egg, bishop theory the more I think about it doesnt really work well at all either, so Im goin with the one I like better

maledoro

maledoro

I would imagine that when the queen lays an egg, it's not one of those 1 meter tall things that we see in the hives; it's more of a liquid that oozes out and forms itself into an ovoid.

The queen may have been in the process of making an egg when Ripley had paid her a visit. It may be that when the landing legs were opened on the deck of the Sulaco, that the queen may have dribbled some egg material onto the deck plating (remember, the plating had slots and grates) and it had formed on the underside of the plate. That would explain why the egg was smaller than the others we've seen.

We have no idea how close that plate was to the hypersleep tubes, so it's even possible that the facehugger may have crawled the length of the habitable parts of the ship to the sleep chambers.

AtR

AtR

Sorry if my post insulted anybody, was just trying to give obvious facts :)

maledoro

maledoro

It's alright. I knew that there were some inconsistancies between AlienĀ³ and Aliens, just as Cameron had admitted to ignoring some things in Alien when making his movie.

SM

SM

QuoteThat would explain why the egg was smaller than the others we've seen.

Except without a point of reference we can only assume it's exactly the same size as the others we've seen.

There's two ways this could've happened:

1) She rescued it from the nursery and hid it between the spines on her back, then acided a hole in the landing gear well and hid it in the drop ship fuselage (note she did this AFTER the Smart Ass had docked which is why the ship systems didn't pick it up and the acid was still active just before Bishop got Bishkebabbed).

2) As above except she laid it en-route to the Sulaco.

Taking flight times into account, it can't have been secretly flown up to the Sulaco at any point.

AtR

AtR

We'll never know... o.o

SM

SM

No but we can make informed guesses.

AtR

AtR

Quote from: SM on Jan 23, 2007, 10:18:26 PM
No but we can make informed guesses.
And that's all that matters, right ? :D

DanG

DanG

Bishop did it.

'I had to give him another shot for the pain' ...conveniently incapacitating the only witness.

Bishop is W-Y property, and will do as he's instructed by his superiors. He's also the only member of the landing team that is under no threat from an alien egg, because he is a synthetic and therefore 'unimpregnable'. I don't think a facehugger is going to be tricked and waste itself on a machine. Otherwise they'd be jumping out of their eggs at any sound or movement, so I think it's safe to say they can sense when something organic and compatible is near.

Coming back for Ripley and Newt makes perfect sense too...there's an extremely high probability that at least one of them may have been impregnated, meaning he could very likely return to W-Y with both the chicken AND the egg.

It's also very possible that Bishop is not conciously aware of his orders (or ensuing actions arising from them), thus giving him the perfect cover. In short, he may have had no idea what he has done.

I think this is the reason a synthetic was sent along...they are incapable of questioning orders.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DanG on Jan 25, 2007, 04:21:12 PM
Bishop is W-Y property, and will do as he's instructed by his superiors. I think this is the reason a synthetic was sent along...they are incapable of questioning orders.
There is nothing that shows that he is owned by the Company. Although he may have been made by the Company, he was most likely property of the USCM.

As for him being "sent along", he wasn't new to the Sulaco as he was asked to do the Knife Trick; something that he had done before for the team.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Yeah, Bishop was USCM property and part of the team.

the bigger problem is he didn't have time to secure an egg, fly out to the sulaco, dock, drop it off where he did (which why would he do it upside down in some corner?) take off again, and get back to the power station.

SM

SM

Bishop is listed as ECA in the script and the XO of the Sulaco in the novel.

Neither of which are Weyland Y.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

The only connection with WY he has is that he was made by them, which I suppose could give them the ability to overide some of his programing before the mission, but I highly doubt that happened.

SM

SM

QuoteThe only connection with WY he has is that he was made by them

Which isn't confirmed either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed