Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 639,236 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hadn't realised they did a coloured version of the unedited Book One. Thanks.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 23, 2016, 08:13:20 AM
:laugh:

This thread has deteriorated in the best possible way in my absence.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 23, 2016, 08:49:55 AM
Hadn't realised they did a coloured version of the unedited Book One. Thanks.

They didn't.  Afaik.  And I would have caught that.  The coloured version made reference to Anne Jorden.

Kurai

Kurai

Spoiler
Quote"The alien's abdomen had burst open, spilling a slick mess across the floor. It sizzled and spat as the acid-pool spread, but it was the things lying in the pool that drew Ripley's attention. Scores of them—maybe hundreds— spherical and each roughly the size of her thumb. They glimmered moistly beneath the flashlight beam, sliding over one another as more poured from the wound.
"I think we killed a queen," Ripley said.
"You're sure?" Hoop asked from behind her.
"Pretty sure—it's the only thing that makes sense. They're eggs. Hundreds of eggs." She looked back at him. "We nailed a f**king queen."

That happens in Out of the Shadows, maybe the Queen on the Sulaco was still pooping out eggs at the time and a few of them managed to grow up?
[close]

The Bishop theory makes retroactive sense, but I'm 90% sure that him not being on the platform with the drop ship was simply to give pay off for Ripley's "I CAN trust THIS android I guess" after a brief moment of doubt and was not intentional for anything nefarious in future movies.

Everything just ends up fan theory sounding, no matter what you do. The likeliest option is the Queen brought it up... That's another question to be answered, how and when did the Queen get on board the Sulaco in the first place? How and when did the Big Chap get on-board the Narcissus? Why didn't the Predators do a friggin X-Ray on Scar after his body was retrieved from an expedition to hunt creatures known to implant embryos inside of things?

Magical, magical plot convenience!

Vermillion

Vermillion

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kurai on Aug 24, 2016, 05:06:52 AM
Spoiler
Quote"The alien's abdomen had burst open, spilling a slick mess across the floor. It sizzled and spat as the acid-pool spread, but it was the things lying in the pool that drew Ripley's attention. Scores of them—maybe hundreds— spherical and each roughly the size of her thumb. They glimmered moistly beneath the flashlight beam, sliding over one another as more poured from the wound.
"I think we killed a queen," Ripley said.
"You're sure?" Hoop asked from behind her.
"Pretty sure—it's the only thing that makes sense. They're eggs. Hundreds of eggs." She looked back at him. "We nailed a f**king queen."

That happens in Out of the Shadows, maybe the Queen on the Sulaco was still pooping out eggs at the time and a few of them managed to grow up?
[close]

Vindication!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Hardly. The Queen in the book is just a juvenile. The implication I got it she's started developing some eggs buy hasn't developed a means to actually lay them yet.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Bah!  All I need to know is that if you tear open a hole in the queen's abdomen, little proto-eggs can fall out.  It's enough for me.

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 24, 2016, 12:46:38 PM
Hardly. The Queen in the book is just a juvenile. The implication I got it she's started developing some eggs buy hasn't developed a means to actually lay them yet.

The man speaks truth:

Spoiler
QuoteThough bigger than any they had so far seen, something about it was also almost childlike—its features were larger, the spiked and clawed limbs not quite so vicious. Ripley felt a strange frisson, a sense of likeness. But she was nothing like this thing.
Nothing at all.
"I think she's young," she said. "Imagine just how big...?" She shook her head. "We need to go."
[close]

That said, I do believe a mature queen would still be processing proto-eggs inside of her. I don't think that was the origin of the egg on the Sulaco, but the precedence for possible eggs is there, there is no evidence so far that the proto-eggs can grow outside of the Queen into a viable state.

Another option is that a drone got on board as well, they weren't all dead at this point and I doubt they'd leave the Queen to board a strange vessel alone. That said, there is no evidence of this drone so who can say? Has anyone here played Colonial Marines? Were there Aliens of anomalous origins on board the Sulaco in that?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kurai on Aug 24, 2016, 01:08:42 PMThat said, I do believe a mature queen would still be processing proto-eggs inside of her. I don't think that was the origin of the egg on the Sulaco, but the precedence for possible eggs is there, there is no evidence so far that the proto-eggs can grow outside of the Queen into a viable state.

The earliest scripts for Alien 3 bandied about ever nuttier origins for the egg, so I don't see the problem with a leaked proto-egg growing into the one we saw.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Still wouldn't explain how it manged to crawl up onto the ceiling and stick itself there.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 24, 2016, 04:24:00 PM
Still wouldn't explain how it manged to crawl up onto the ceiling and stick itself there.

The queen was really scrunched up in there in the landing gear.  Maybe her deriere was up in the ceiling?

I don't recall now.  Was the egg in the dropship or in the EEV?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

On the Sulaco, judging by the name embossed on the beam it's attached to.

The idea it could be inside the dropship landing gear, and that Ripley wouldn't have a good look around in there before going to bed, is kinda asinine. The Queen dropped out of there. She'd check.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 24, 2016, 04:24:00 PM

One man's ceiling is another man's floor.  Pretty sure the hangar bay had a subflooring.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 20, 2014, 12:12:44 AM
My personal spin on the Gibson origin, which appears to be the script that pre-dated them all, is that this genetic material oozed into the subflooring of the Sulaco's landing bay where it congealed, then grew slowly out of the floor itself and into the strange position where we saw it after it hatched.

How many times do I have to quote myself?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed