Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 711,588 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

You don't even need to add something about the Queen laying another Egg. Just show a lone Facehugger scuttling out of the dropship amid the confusion and running off to hide.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's the way I'd fix it. But it does beg the question of why the hugger wouldn't come and get involved to try and take Newt. Only way I could handwave it would be the Queen tells it not to get involved until it has all calmed down.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 25, 2016, 08:09:44 AM
You don't even need to add something about the Queen laying another Egg. Just show a lone Facehugger scuttling out of the dropship amid the confusion and running off to hide.
Aye, that would work!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2016, 08:19:12 AM
That's the way I'd fix it. But it does beg the question of why the hugger wouldn't come and get involved to try and take Newt. Only way I could handwave it would be the Queen tells it not to get involved until it has all calmed down.
That would work as well!

I was mainly blabbering about if there had to be an egg, that's my theory on how to fix the opening.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 25, 2016, 08:09:44 AM

But the egg was shown in the film.  That's not offering an explanation.  It's actually changing the film.  Also, there must have been 2 eggs / facehuggers to accommodate the 2 aliens in the film, unless we go with that lame twin-spore facehugger idea.  Having 2 lone facehuggers on the dropship would have been totally credible, but alas, the egg...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 25, 2016, 01:05:39 PMBut the egg was shown in the film.  That's not offering an explanation.

It would be in lieu of the egg, obviously.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 25, 2016, 01:05:39 PMAlso, there must have been 2 eggs / facehuggers to accommodate the 2 aliens in the film, unless we go with that lame twin-spore facehugger idea.  Having 2 lone facehuggers on the dropship would have been totally credible, but alas, the egg...

I like the multi-embryo Royal Facehugger idea. Too bad they scrapped it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 25, 2016, 01:55:27 PM
I like the multi-embryo Royal Facehugger idea. Too bad they scrapped it.

How did they scrap it?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Well, I guess it could be argued that as a concept they didn't, but I was referring specifically to the Royal Facehugger they originally designed for the movie but which is now relegated to the Assembly Cut.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Relax. Alien 3 was all a bad dream.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Vermillion on Jul 25, 2016, 04:03:33 PM
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 25, 2016, 10:49:51 PM
Quote from: Vermillion on Jul 25, 2016, 04:03:33 PM
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

We will never all see eye to eye on this.  That's ok.

But it was a bad dream!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Primordial

Primordial

Lately, I was thinking about a possibility for the egg. Since the alien seem capable of regenerating itself, it would be interesting if the Queen could cut of one of her limb and make it 'auto-eggmorph' while the cut-off limb regenerates. It could explain why this resulting facehugger lays directly a Queen.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That's kinda similar to what Gibson had in mind at the start of his script, where she deposited some spores inside Bishop that then developed into a full-grown egg.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Egg morphing is just lame!!!!!
Stop the insanity!!!!

Mighty Morphing Power Spores!!

It's a cop out. That's all it is. 

Kill the expensive characters and make shit up to get an alien in the movie with the Oscar nominated star.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Vermillion on Jul 27, 2016, 11:36:03 PM
Egg morphing is just lame!!!!!
Quite the contrary. I would be fascinated to see it unfold, as I imagine many of us on here would also.

Scorpio

Scorpio

It's not actually egg morphing, anyway, aka turning a human (or life form) into an egg.  The human is just food for the egg, like yolk. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed