Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 714,702 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 30, 2016, 03:36:14 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 30, 2016, 02:50:03 PMWe heard the facehugger during the end credits of Aliens.

That was just there as a joke. Cameron said as much.

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 30, 2016, 02:50:03 PMPlus, we are told in the film that the Queen communicates with the other aliens.  She could've told the xeno to wait and use the facehugger as a backup plan.  Xenos are smart creatures, as they know to cut the power, so this isn't contradicted by the film.

It still doesn't make sense that it wouldn't try and defend it's Queen. She's basically the future of the Hive. She's not gonna sacrifice herself when she has potential backup there.

I'm not going to make sense of motivation.  But apart from that the theory is plausible.  It makes more sense than any other theory.

Vermillion

Vermillion

The egg on the Sulaco was the "egg-morphed" body of Hudson.

You heard it here first.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Poor Hudson....almost retired...

I still think the only explanation is the Queen but even that is grasping at straws as we don't know for sure if a Queen can lay an egg without her sac or even grow a new one. AVP extinction did do that but it was merely a game mechanic for a game that isn't likely to be canon.

The Queen could have had the egg on her back...maybe.

Another explanation is A;CM and yes I know how terrible it was but in that game, the xenomorphs were brought on board the Sulaco by the Legato.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 11, 2016, 09:30:23 AM

How did she manage to sneak her big ass around the ship and hot glue it on the walls without any of them noticing her?  ;)

I still think the only explanation is the Queen but even that is grasping at straws as we don't know for sure if a Queen can lay an egg without her sac or even grow a new one. AVP extinction did do that but it was merely a game mechanic for a game that isn't likely to be canon.

We don't know for sure. It's all speculation but maybe being able to squeeze out just one teeny tiny egg is part of being the perfect organism. Again, speculation; but it could be something worth exploring. To survive and maintain a hive, a queen might need at least one minion. So she could maybe produce one egg without needing her sac. Perhaps the sac just speeds up the egg-producing process so she could mass-produce eggs. This is all just imagination, sadly.

Another explanation is A;CM and yes I know how terrible it was but in that game, the xenomorphs were brought on board the Sulaco by the Legato.

Please.  >:( ::)

I think the simplest answer is that it was a plot device thoughtlessly put in Alien3 because fans are stupid, right?  :laugh:

Vermillion

Vermillion

Biggest plot hole in the history of cinema.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Second, after how the hell did Francis Dolarhyde get a note into Hannibal Lecter's cell in Manhunter/Red Dragon.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Jul 11, 2016, 07:57:27 PM

How did she manage to sneak her big ass around the ship and hot glue it on the walls without any of them noticing her?  ;)

I'm just throwing things out there lol not necessarily being serious  ;D Because lets face it, there is no satisfying explanation for that plot hole.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 11, 2016, 09:19:29 PM
Second, after how the hell did Francis Dolarhyde get a note into Hannibal Lecter's cell in Manhunter/Red Dragon.
Now there is a head scratcher. I need to watch both of those films again soon.

stephen

stephen

I thought he mailed it to him, and because of civil rights etc, Lector's mail could not be searched.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Jul 11, 2016, 07:57:27 PM
We don't know for sure. It's all speculation but maybe being able to squeeze out just one teeny tiny egg is part of being the perfect organism. Again, speculation; but it could be something worth exploring. To survive and maintain a hive, a queen might need at least one minion. So she could maybe produce one egg without needing her sac. Perhaps the sac just speeds up the egg-producing process so she could mass-produce eggs. This is all just imagination, sadly.

I've generally subscribed to some explanation along these lines. That in a crunch, the Queen is capable of squeezing out one egg without her egg sack. How it gets glued to the ceiling is a completely different question.   :laugh:

Quote from: Vermillion on Jul 11, 2016, 09:15:09 PM
Biggest plot hole in the history of cinema.

Definitely the worse for us.

Quote from: stephen on Jul 12, 2016, 04:05:46 AM

I thought he mailed it to him, and because of civil rights etc, Lector's mail could not be searched.

Over in the UK we have Rule 49 where legal mail from solicitors and etc can't be searched.

markweatherill

markweatherill

Quote from: markweatherill on Jun 22, 2016, 11:22:21 AM

2. Apone or one of the other cocooned marines somehow got loose and sneaked aboard, hid in a corner and eggmorphed.
Quote from: Vermillion on Jun 30, 2016, 06:21:09 PM

The egg on the Sulaco was the "egg-morphed" body of Hudson.

You heard it here first.

;)

Rankles75

Rankles75

Let's not forget the poster in the Shawshank Redemption...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 12, 2016, 01:49:42 PM

Didn't Red get it for him?

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 12, 2016, 02:54:11 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of how Andy reattached the poster after entering the tunnel...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 12, 2016, 05:02:31 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 12, 2016, 02:54:11 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of how Andy reattached the poster after entering the tunnel...

Was the bottom of the poster attached to the wall or was it hanging from the top?  If the latter, then gravity would presumably take care of covering the hole after he escaped.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed