Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 639,871 times)

pvt spunkmajor

pvt spunkmajor

The queen is no longer fertile once removed from egg sack ........and only removes herself under extreme situations.....I however do not disagree with this whole theory, but the said egg on the royal facehugger must have been laid well in advance removed from the hatchery as a precautionary measure. ripley stumbled in the queen gave the order and either drone or royal hugger carried out the mission ........the question i have ... dose the royal facehugger carry the genes for a new queen or are they just hatchery servants?     If the royal hugger indeed is the one to create a new queen then the buster in ripley (alien 3) was not a new queen. in fact the cow had the queen.  The film states that Ripleys torso invader indeed is of royal decent.

so my theory is that without royal pheromones from the queen the newly hatched facehugger then modified its chromosomes to create a new queen (like adding the x or y chromosome) .the royal face hugger is nothing more than a face hugger that that is independent of needing a queen control and can act without one to carry out deeds for the progression of the species. it helps the queen but is more intelligent  than the drones  and warriors whom rely on pheromones to keep order in the hive.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: pvt spunkmajor on Jun 20, 2016, 11:47:18 PMIf the royal hugger indeed is the one to create a new queen then the buster in ripley (alien 3) was not a new queen. in fact the cow had the queen.  The film states that Ripleys torso invader indeed is of royal decent.

Current fanon explanation is that the royal facehugger implants two embryos: a queen and a bodyguard.  Ripley got the queen, the dog/ox got the bodyguard. 

My theory is that facehuggers don't grow spikes, armor and webbing unless threatened by a hostile environment or other organisms.  This is why it looked normal on the Sulaco.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 21, 2016, 03:21:47 PM
Quote from: pvt spunkmajor on Jun 20, 2016, 11:47:18 PMIf the royal hugger indeed is the one to create a new queen then the buster in ripley (alien 3) was not a new queen. in fact the cow had the queen.  The film states that Ripleys torso invader indeed is of royal decent.

Current fanon explanation is that the royal facehugger implants two embryos: a queen and a bodyguard.  Ripley got the queen, the dog/ox got the bodyguard. 

My theory is that facehuggers don't grow spikes, armor and webbing unless threatened by a hostile environment or other organisms.  This is why it looked normal on the Sulaco.

It also looked normal on the eev after it crashed and was then eyeing the dog up. My thoughts are that the royal facehugger doesn't look any different than a normal one, and that the black webbed royal facehugger just isn't really part of the film or cannon at all.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 21, 2016, 03:52:42 PMIt also looked normal on the eev after it crashed and was then eyeing the dog up.

That shot isn't in the Assembly Cut, and conversely the armoured Royal Facehugger doesn't appear in the theatrical cut. The only shot of a normal Facehugger seen in the extended cut is the quick glimpse of it unfolding its legs during the opening credits.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Oh gotcha, I thought we were referring to the theatrical cut as the canon version.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 21, 2016, 05:09:32 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 21, 2016, 03:52:42 PMIt also looked normal on the eev after it crashed and was then eyeing the dog up.

That shot isn't in the Assembly Cut, and conversely the armoured Royal Facehugger doesn't appear in the theatrical cut. The only shot of a normal Facehugger seen in the extended cut is the quick glimpse of it unfolding its legs during the opening credits.

This shot was in the special edition:

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I may add that there were two huggers in the novel as well. The first one dies after getting critically cut by broken glass of the hypersleep chamber of Newt (trying to get in).

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 21, 2016, 05:09:32 PM

That shot isn't in the Assembly Cut,

Hence my theory.  It explains how the same facehugger looks different before and after the crash.

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 21, 2016, 09:54:28 PM
I may add that there were two huggers in the novel as well. The first one dies after getting critically cut by broken glass of the hypersleep chamber of Newt (trying to get in).

I think the novelization was rejected by the Orthodox Church of Alien 3 Canon.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

You are all sinners before an angry god. - Rev. Dillon

:P

I do like your theory of the evolution of the royal hugger too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 21, 2016, 09:54:28 PMI may add that there were two huggers in the novel as well. The first one dies after getting critically cut by broken glass of the hypersleep chamber of Newt (trying to get in).

To be honest, I don't think even ADF knew what was meant to be going on when he wrote that because the first one dies before it can impregnate anyone, so we still have the second magically impregnating two people lol.

markweatherill

markweatherill

1.  who's to say the egg(s) can't move around like jumping beans when they want to?

2. Apone or one of the other cocooned marines somehow got loose and sneaked aboard, hid in a corner and eggmorphed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 22, 2016, 02:23:10 AMI do like your theory of the evolution of the royal hugger too.

Well, at least someone finally does.

In fact, Ash told Ripley that the original facehugger had a "funny little habit" of shedding its cells and replacing them with polarized silicon to protect against adverse environmental conditions. 

The "super facehugger" could simply be a visible manifestation of this ability.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 22, 2016, 10:41:57 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 21, 2016, 09:54:28 PMI may add that there were two huggers in the novel as well. The first one dies after getting critically cut by broken glass of the hypersleep chamber of Newt (trying to get in).

To be honest, I don't think even ADF knew what was meant to be going on when he wrote that because the first one dies before it can impregnate anyone, so we still have the second magically impregnating two people lol.

Salient point.  The second facehugger solved nothing.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think the film would have benefited from just leaving the events that transpired on the sulaco unknown. Just seeing the sulaco and the eev break away and crash on the planet (Like in the Alien3 comic).

It would be much easier to theorize what happened then what we have now which doesn't really make any sense.

I would have been a nice lil open ended mystery.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's an open ended mystery anyway.  The only Alien 3 script that bothered to explain the egg was the one William Gibson wrote in 1988.  In that version, an egg grows out of Bishop's torso within his cryotube, ostensibly due to having been contaminated with genetic material when the queen impaled him.

It's long been my theory that this is still the basis for the egg's presence on the Sulaco and the screenwriters simply didn't bother to tell us.  However, instead of growing out of Bishop's entrails, it grew from some genetic goo that oozed out of the queen and congealed in the hangar bay's subflooring.

426Buddy

426Buddy

That's basically how I feel as well, that the eggs can grow from some sort of spore, and perhaps even move on their own.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed